1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liam Scales

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by barry1916, Aug 1, 2021.

Discuss Liam Scales in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I like what I have seen of him and reckon he will be fine, he is big, strong lad, comfortable on the ball, is good in the air, and has goals in him-was unlucky with a header last night, not afraid to shoot if he gets a glimpse of goal. Importantly, he seems decent defending.

Could be a revelation. Lets get behind him and hopefully, he gets a decent crack of the whip. At the end of the day, he will be an upgrade on Taylor.
    I do reckon that we have been unable to offload Boli, has resulted in us going for this cheap option.

brads-bhoy1888 likes this.
  2. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Going back to the last time we needed a major overhaul this deal feels similar to Mulgrew. Cheap, modest background but will ultimately do a solid job with decent potential.

That said, there is no excuses for not getting a first choice LB and another CB with more pedigree before the window closes. None.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  3. Samurai Bhoy

For me, this is similar to a Urhoghide, Shaw, Lawal kinda signing.
    Probably play with the Colts for a while before, hopefully, breaking into the first team squad.

Hope I’m wrong and he is an immediate upgrade at LB or CB, but I think we still need to be looking at a higher caliber of player for each of those positions before the end of the window.

4. Maestro 08

Even physically he's an immediate upgrade on Taylor and if he can kick a ball in a straight line he should be ahead of him. Taylor was easily shown up by Montgomery last night. The kid could actually handle the ball and was good in 50/50's as well. Taylor struggles to do either.

5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Just a quick :56::56::56::56::56::56: at Shamrock Rovers...

6. Damnati

Well he's 23 so I don't think he'll be going to play with the youth team.

7. Samurai Bhoy

Agreed that he is an upgrade on Taylor, and that Monty was also an upgrade on Taylor.

I was just hoping for a more established/proven LB too, similar to Juranovic on the right.

8. Maestro 08

Yeah I agree but considering the amount of positions we need upgrading in I think it was always going to be an ask getting them all covered with quality players. I'm surprised we have even brought a LB in tbh, I thought we were going to let that one slide.. I think it's more worrying that I don't think we'll be adding another CB and Scales will be doing both positions.

9. Heb Celt

Done deal,4 year deal.Let’s hope he can help out in a shaky defence.

10. Samurai Bhoy

Was thinking he could play there just to keep his match fitness up while he was getting used to the system.
    But it seems now that he is the only LB we are getting in, so we’ll have to throw him straight in, I guess.

Damnati likes this.
  11. Samurai Bhoy

Most likely scenario unfortunately.
    Let’s hope we can hold our til January, when we can get a few more reinforcements in.

12. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Big Ange said recently that it.would be much easier to get players from Japan in the winter transfer window because that's when their season ends. Maybe there's a Japanese defender or 2 he's got he's planning to go for in the next transfer window.

Samurai Bhoy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.