1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Huns V Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 26, 2021.

Discuss Huns V Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

Yeh but he can do that playing left too , did that a lot as a lone striker tbh

2. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    * skelp these *.

Rogic to reel back the years to his full hunskelper days, kyogo to show them what he's made of, Gerrard to be in * tears and throw all of them ubde th bus after they crumble

3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Hart
    Ralston Starfelt Welsh Monty
    McGregor Christie
    Abada Turnbull Kyogo
    Eddy
    Extra energy in the middle with Christie and bring on Rogic around 60 mins when they start to tire to rip them up.

jj81 likes this.
  4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Nice!

JC Anton likes this.
  5. Paradise88

Hart
    Juranovic Welsh Bitton Taylor
    McGregor Christie
    Abada Turnbull Forrest
    Kyogo
    Juranovic, bitton, Forrest will be fresh. Taylor if back fit also fairly fresh.

Juranovic is up to speed and fit. Starfelt to much of a bomb scare in this fixture, hasn't been tested in the league to much against St Mirren, Dundee.

Ralston has been good but making mistakes and being caught out tonight and needs rested, I don't think his form will continue in high profile games

Christie was rank rotten tonight, hopefully just an off game as he's been playing a blinder recently

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Edouard can hold the ball which is vital.

Need Christie in the centre too.

7. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Ange presser after winning "are you trying to tell me those * won it last year?* me dead"

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Defence gives me the fear a bit still, I think they will try a similar approach to AZ tonight. I'm also concerned over Starfelt coping with the atmosphere.

Shame McCarthy isnt fully upto speed.

The way AP was talking post match makes me think Taylor will be OK for this.

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Mate, bringing Bitton back into this would be madness. I share concerns over Starfelt, but never gonna happen.

craigtheceltic, MJ9, Mike B and 2 others like this.
  10. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Don't think we'll keep a clean sheet but nether will they 3-2 Celtic

11. Smithy

Had a dream we won 4-1. Plz happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. HendoBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings!
    It was cited a few times that our fitness would see us through this game. That still holds true.

My major concern moving forward is the 'engine room' of our midfield. It consists of two number 10s that notoriously lack natural fitness.

Dont get me wrong, the football is great when they're in there. However, can it be sustained in busy fixture clusters? For a full season even?

It looks like we need to rely on Soro and McCarthy heavily moving forward to really ease the load on Turnbull and Rogic.

Not a desirable situation IMO but one I hope Ange will find resolution to.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think he will be after another CM. Don't think we will get that in this window though.

Christie should be brought into CM for this IMO at the expense of Rogic. But then that means moving Kyogo out wide.

14. saltire78

Ralston needs dropped, but Scales can come straight in?... :43:

15. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    For me, and this may sound ridiculously obvious, but it will be all about possession, and not necessarily quality of possession on Sunday.

We simply MUST keep the ball better. And by better I mean safer.

We have seen tonight how fragile we were at the back, especially when being caught out of possession.

Far too many slack passes and wayward balls completely surrendered the balance of the game.
    Tippy tappy across the face of our own goal and trying killer passes or magic through balls basically amounted to * all tonight, apart from piling pressure on an already shaky back line. My heart was in my * mouth every time I saw a player being pressed into a pass back, only to watch Hart spray it sidewards to another player being pressed. We also saw the partial return of the Ryan Christie spectacular special... That's a massive "* no" for Sunday.

The game and balance of play completely transformed when Eddy came on and used his hold up play.
    Hate to say but Ange got his selection wrong tonight, and a team with a more ruthless end product would have put us to the sword by halftime. Our midfield basically watched the game pass them by, while AZ just belted long diagonals out wide and watched our backline have heart attacks every time karlsson or Sugawara picked it up.

We need to frustrate the living * out if them. Our own press tonight was very poor and we looked terrified of committing too many men to it.

Sevco will attempt to emulate AZ on Sunday. Harangue and harass us into losing the ball, fire it out wide and hope our backline gets caught out.
    The only difference is that Sevco are playing so * right now that their attacks and counters are * telegraphed in. There should be plenty of time for us to get on top of them when we lose the ball.

Sunday shouldn't be a case of hoping that this backline will hold up for 90 minutes. It should be a case that their forays into our final third are so * rare that it doesn't matter.

We have all the tools to * horse these mutants on Sunday.

Fingers crossed we learned some valuable lessons tonight, and not just cutting out individual brain farts.

16. Samurai Bhoy

Hart

Ralston Welsh Starfelt Monty

McGregor Christie
    Turnbull

Abada Kyogo Edouard

I’d play Eddy on the left and Kyogo through the middle, where he is far more effective.

Eddy’s hold up play will be vital, but we don’t need him in the middle to do that.
    Play a long ball or a cross field ball up to him on the left, then he can hold it up out there and play a ball through for Kyogo or someone running up the middle.
    It will drag their defence all over the place and leave space through the middle.

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I hope they do. They don't have the energy, fitness or discipline to press us the way AZ did, let alone the quality to cut through us time and again like they did.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  18. AussieGreek

As if double chin Morales can play a high press game.

JML67 likes this.
  19. Samurai Bhoy

They will try to play the exact same way AZ played last night, but they aren’t half the team AZ are.

My only worry is our defense, and how they handle the hostile atmosphere.
    We look at our most vulnerable with the ball at the feet of our back 4.
    I actually feel more comfortable when teams attack us than I do watching us pass it between the back 4 and keeper. Especially when teams play a high press against us.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  20. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    He actually does play a high press game... Of sorts.

But instead of chasing down the ball, he lingers high up the pitch when his team lose possession, and "bumps into" players as he tracks back, or brings his legs across theirs to "accidentally" trip them, or shoulders off them as he passes.

Anyone mind when he got sent off for elbowing Broony.

The Huns were apoplectic with rage, and smsm adamant that wee fat hole shouldn't have reacted to Broonys "games".

But an extra 2 seconds on rewind of the incident later that night shows isoceles heid going across the back of Broonys ankles, Broony responds in kind, * all in it, Wee Fredo fires the elbow up.

That's the wee * game.

And something we will miss is a character like Scoot to get inside the chocolatey centre of that toblerone head of his.

Just someone to nibble at him.

Call his Ma a mattress.

Ask him why his wife hired a PI to LoJack his car.

Leave a trailing leg in after a challenge.

Ask him is his head shaped like a Mr hanky because his ma shat him out the wrong hole.

Laugh at him cuz no one wants to sign him.

Point the finger in his face at a fair distance...

.. Nothing too tasty, not enough to get a masons attention, but just enough to get him frustrated.

He looks like a man about to blow. Yesterday night he looked like he was either gonna cry or smack a teammate. He's playing mince. And when he plays mince, he's ripe for a red.

Can we get Broony on a day loan from the sheep?

Dannybhoy81 likes this.