1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Am convinced. We were beaten on the night but the team run themselves into the ground. The two goals conceded was just kamikaze moments, remove that from our game and we will be fine. I hope for another cb. When Julien comes back we will be stronger again

2. wulliebad

Not changing your style is fine when you can just go out and buy players needed.Celtic rarely buy the players that we need, its more about buying what we can afford and making do, i think in the end we will simply not have the money to buy what we need for this style to work in Europe and will get more than a few spankings. In our league we will be fine with Angeball.

3. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Kyogo got battered and kicked all night and the guy kept on going like an Eveready battery. What a gutsy guy, a real team man.

4. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    We are blowing out our * out early in games and Kyogo is doing the work of 2 players. The defence is inexperienced and all over the place. Hart will improve with better players around him. We need a good ball playing left back for balance. Eddie is showing glimpses with good play around him, and holding the ball up, and making an effort. Christie looks a player under Ange. McGregor needs a rest or sold. Rogic looked yards off the pace. Taylor is not good enough for me even on the bench. We are way off a good side. If we win Sunday it will be an early blitz like today and holding out at the end. We are a work in progress and I like what Ange is doing, but it will take time.

Ozcelt likes this.
  5. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Buy the guy a proper centre back, left back and left winger and let him mould a great team.

We’re a far better team (and far better suited to Ange’s style) with Christie as an 8, so a left winger is an absolute must before the window closes.

6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Am happy we will be playing Europa football. The draw is on today Friday. Will be interesting to see what teams will be in our group.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Think the squad and state of things shows exactly why it will take 3 windows for him to fully sort this.

He's working miracles the past few weeks tbh. If you'd have said to me we'd qualify with Ralston and Welsh as our right side against AZ I'd have.....dunno..but I'd have done something.

* * though pls help him.

9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Miracle worker.

10. Sgt Neppers*

Hes done brilliant so far. No doubts about it. He needs to be a little more pragmatic against certain teams especially if he's not getting all the players he wants this window. Leads nicely to the next point, the board need to stop * about and get him the players he wants in. The ideas are there. Just needs the personnel in to match the philosophy.

One of the things he needs to do, is hire a couple of his own staff now. He can't do this own his own. This needs to be looked at ASAP.

But so far so good. We're on to something special with the big man. Long may it continue.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  12. Ozcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hai Hail
    Hey brethern's and sisteren ( sounds more like a plumbing appliance )
    Good to be back among u all from down under.
    As I said on the appointment.of big Ange, we have the right man. His attitude, passion and desire for all out attacking football and success, are renowned and revered in Oz and Japan.
    Lucky this evening, yes, but given the time and the funds from upstairs, we'll go from strength to strength. Sunday will be a great barometer to show where we're at. McCarthy in, Starfelt deported, we'll, only time will tell ? Go the big fella !
    HH

13. Ozcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hai Hail

14. Ozcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hai Hail
    Agree with most brother, but I think the big fella can have us pretty strong after just 2 Windows, depending on what happens this week

Mr Shelby likes this.
  15. Ozcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hai Hail
    McCarthy would crush any hun that came near him on Sunday, hope to Christ he's playing. Scales on the left of defence and Juranovic on the right, formidable. The Greek goal machine up front and Starfelt sold to Afghanistan Rovers, we'd do it on a stroll !

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Ralston will likely start at RB on Sunday.

17. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Some may disagree but I feel there is a role to play for Bitton in defensive midfield. He is capable of laser like passes on the deck to players ahead of him as long he plays it simple, and to his strengths, and keeps a cool head.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, he just wants 20 seconds and 7 touches before he plays his laser like passes.

Bitton ain't the answer.....unless the question is 'Who should we not play at DM?'

HoopyT, MJ9 and AussieGreek like this.
  19. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    They were closing down Callum quickly also so that he could not distribute from deep mid.

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I would prefer Callum further forward and McCarthy in deep mid, then Soro, then Bitton, in order of preference. Depending on the quality of team we are playing against.

Juranovic seems to be good in more than one position and may even fit in that position if needed. He will give Ange options as will Scales if we hopefully get him.