1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Valhalla, Oct 8, 2019.

Discuss PlayStation 5 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Hi mate, did you have to phone jacamo first or contact playstation? Nephew got one from argos last week but its coming up with a corruption error when trying. To. Install any disc games.

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Where you buy it first mate to see if they can offer a replacement failing that it’s PlayStation a month they took to repair the weans

dbhoy72 likes this.
  3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Cheers mate.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. Sin

Second controller sent back to Playstation.
    This one was 'drifting' to the right, I tried all the fixes Sony said to try, then I had to send it back, they then sent a new controller back a week later as they couldn't fix it.

We bought 3 controllers last year when the PS5 released and so far 2 have had to be replaced.
    I have played on the Playstation since the Playstation 1 released and bought every release and many controllers and I have never have one break until the PS5! That is now 2 controllers I have sent back, the only good news is Sony don't make a big deal about it, they just give you the free postage and then replace the product.....It's almost like they know something is wrong...:frown:

5. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Thats crap you're having bother.
    The dualshock 4 was shocking for the sticks rubber wearing away. I used to have to replace my sticks every now and then. I think it'll be the same for dualsense.

6. Sin

The first controller was the right trigger, the guy I spoke to at Sony said it was a design problem and I would get a replacement, this one was a drift to the right and again the the guy at Sony was basically fine in saying just send it back and you will get a new one.

To think I still have 2 PS4s and 4 controllers, those I have had for some 5 years and never a problem with.
    When I read it on the internet it does seem the PS5 controllers have a problem that other controllers did not.

7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    In saying I had issues with my Dualshock 4s my best pal had none. I don't know if my sweaty thumbs caused more wear or the pressure or both.
    I watched a teardown of the dualsense and was worried at how breakable the triggers (and especially the mechanism for adjusting the tension) were.
    The thumbsticks drift is a problem that all the controllers have for all the platforms because they are all buying the cheapest parts. I would like to pay more and get a more durable controller, something like the elite xbox controllers but maybe not as high spec and therefore high price.

8. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    You can buy analogue stick covers online for like 3 or 4 pound, I used have that problem also especially when playing fifa but the covers fix that completely.

9. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aye they just come off right away with me. Even the more expensive kontrolfreek ones.
    It isn't too difficult to just open the pad up and replace the sticks. I also used xbox sticks as I prefer their concave stick heads.

10. Heb Celt

Anyone know whereabouts in Glasgow you can get them?Very slow in stocking them compared to the PS4’s when they first came out.

11. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I would suggest getting the hotstock app.

12. Moustache

Just to give the heads up in case anyone’s interested, Sony are doing a ‘PlayStation Showcase’ tonight at 9pm and it lasts for 40 minutes.

This is going to be their big show for the year, so it should be worth a watch. * of War is expected to be there, other heavy hitters have been rumoured/implied and there’s potentially some fun surprises going off of recent talk.

I’ll post a link to the stream closer to the time.

13. Moustache

Here’s the stream:

Sin likes this.
  14. Moustache

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake announced.

15. Sin

Thanks for the link!

We love the Ps5, me and the kids have had a lot of fun over the last year with them.
    I have to say though, I can't believe I just watched a PS event in September 2021 that had 1 of the announcements that a game will release sometime in 2023! :84:

16. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Ragnarok is what I'm looking forward too

17. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Really excited to play kotor for the first time after hearing so much how it for years. Spiderman and GOW particularly looked incredible but the biggest takeaway for me is insomniac making a ps5 exclusive wolverine game,
    Was really hoping for a MGS remake but I still think it will come eventually.

Artorias likes this.
  18. Moustache

19. jj81

Im looking for a decent golf game , any recommendations?

20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Everybody's Golf. Looks like a Japanese cartoon but is an excellent golf game.

jj81 likes this.