1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's more the rigidity with which the board believe that we must first shift players, before being able to buy.

Noskeil likes this.
  2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Totally get that but if you sign another 4 players on 15k a week, then your stuck with the guys your trying to replace, your left with a bloated squad and a astronomical wage bill. I do get it in theory but in reality it’s gonna cause us problems.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Got to agree with @Noskeil i think we want to move on eddy, Bolingoli and barkas at a minimum before we agree to anyone else coming in on a permanent deal

Hammy89 and Noskeil like this.
  4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    It’s just common sense as well as business sense, eddys already stated he’s willing to leave for nothing. That puts the board under big pressure to make funds available, we can’t rely on sending 30 youth players out on 2 million pound a season loans like the mega rich clubs so the only way to generate is sales.

5. WhitleyCelt

I’m astounded more isn’t being said about the board charging £19 to season ticket holders who have been locked out for 18 months. I chose not to pay it because I thought it was a disgraceful decision morally to rinse more money out of the supporters. They could have charged £45 for that game and still sold it out but that doesn’t make it right. I completely understand the club has to make money but the flip side is it was a dead rubber game. We were 90% going through and the risk was low. It was a chance to say thank you but they blew it for greed.

For the record I’ve no problem with being charged for hearts or az. The jablon game just left a bitter taste in my mouth. Big Dom could have chose to bring fans on-side but chose business over loyalty. Think that’s how its going to be and he has nailed his colours to the mast.

In terms of recruitment - I agree that we need to get rid of deadwood but Ange is forced to make them part of a team they don’t want to be part of because theirs no one else. It’s absolutely stunning how they’ve allowed Boli to come back and now can’t move him on because there will be no full backs cover other than kids. The loan policy has got us into this mess, developing other peoples tat without an option to buy policy. Madness.

I have serious concerns that the board will be content until Christmas with this Celtic Squad because the performances have been outstanding. We could be victims of our own success.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  6. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    How much would it take to buy the * out?

7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mare than we've goat

Rendog likes this.
  8. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I stated previously I think the self entitlement that season ticket holders think they should have been allowed in on their book is a bit fickle in fairness.

The board didn’t set the rules last season, they offered full refunds if you wanted and offered the only alternative which was the pass to paradise. If fans didn’t take the refund to help the club, that’s on the individual not Celtic.

As far as I can remember I’ve not had many European games on the season book, maybe first/2nd rounders but never this far on. Granted I think it would have been a good gesture to the support, but on one hand fans want signings then on the other complain their not getting free tickets.

I usually back the GB to the hilt but on this one they’ve missed the mark by a country mile, blaming Dom on it also shows how bad they missed. There are bigger issues that need addressed, moaning about a £19 ticket is the least of the problems.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Honestly it's an absolute disgrace now..

We had a chance to get a few bedded in with a great draw in Midgetland, who were pish and in freefall. Winning that game would've secured us Europa league group football..

We were badly let down. Now week's later we're still miles short coming up against AZ, to the point I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get through..

We've signed 1 centre back when it was a massively neglected, problem area for us last season. We've got a third choice right back as our only option. A left back who isn't good enough and a centre half in Welsh who should be a backup/squad option..

We don't have a left winger
    We have 1 real striker now in Furuhashi who'll actually do what's required

It's a shambles. Just * about like we have time to do it when the league is massively winnable also..

They should've been ran out of town last season. They played a major part in * the 10 and leaving us in the position we are right now, yet are doing fuckall to rectify or gain some goodwill with the support..

The wage has been significantly cut. Yet here we are in to mid August and still, still these charlatans won't speculate to accumulate. Every sighing so far has been paid for by the Ajer sale..

Vermin..

Rydo1888*, JML67, xDanCFCx and 5 others like this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    First few paragraphs is the key here.

Yet again the board have squandered a chance to get this process done sharp.
    They * around as we all know with Howe, don't need to overly cover that again.

But since Ange has came in, it's slow in getting * done.

We will suddenly get two in, then have to watch them so 10 days isolation.
    Or another 2 in, but too late for a qualifier.

It's all just a bit too slow and not done remotely soon enough.

Had they just got * done in Ange first week "what 3 players do you need in" then we would have been able to field some of them against the Danes.

It's slow, but obviously they've added something to the depleted squad (Abada, starfelt, Kyogo, Hart, McCarthy), but they are still nowhere near getting this squad back to a point where it has sufficient depth (let alone quality) in numbers.

If they are smart, they'd have gotten the next 3 done before the * Alkmaar game, because as we know, they are a step up and we STILL have the weaknesses we had 8 weeks ago now.

They pull another 3 out the hat, a rb, lb and striker in the ballpark of the other 5 and I'll be very very happy.
    But it won't be perfect.
    We would still need another 2-3 that I would be content enough to wait till January for, but only just.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Noskeil and McChiellini.. like this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    It’s a difficult market lads ………

12. Powerman

Enough of this shambles, just sign a RB & Striker. Get LB & CB on loan would be happy with that. Against decent opposition Ralston and taylor are not good enough. Plus if Ralston gets an injury we are truly knackered.

RB get Josip Juranović £3 million
    Striker get THomas henry £5 million
    Lb and CB get liam scales £1 million and a loan in signed

This should not be reliant on money from Eddie sale, you clearly have funds open the purse strings and get it spent.

Still wanting Desmond and board out, far too slow at doing deals. Get the league win and get £40 million in european sucess to hard to pass up this opportunity

13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    We signed that CB after selling Ajer, so we haven't even strengthened that area. Realistically there isn't a single area where we are significantly stronger than last season, from a player perspective, barring perhaps goalkeeper, and even there we still have no depth. And when you consider there is still a good chance we sell Christie and Eddy, probably right at the close of the window if they are going, the squad could be even more threadbare and a couple of injuries away from disaster.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I was being sarcastic budd

15. JamesM09

Same old *. Total shambles.

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Entitled? 53,000 fans paid £500+ last season to never see a game inside the ground but were promised added value which in reality, added up to * nothing. They put a banner up slagging the club for rinsing the fans AGAIN. * me, they don't say anything against the board, they're arseholes and then they do and they're entitled. The * can't win. I wanted my ticket on Thursday for free. This idea about it potentially being a "nice gesture" from the board is a * joke anaw. Giving the fans who backed the club last year a free ticket should have the least the * should have done. Look at what's happening to the club in terms of transfers. Absolutely nothing has changed. * all. Dom McKay is as guilty as anyone. * is a lapdog to a bigger problem. A mini Lawwell. Nothing has changed and nothing will change.

The Don and Twisty like this.
  17. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    like I previously stated the club offered full refunds for that, if you chose not to take it that’s your fault not the boards. You can’t just expect the first full house to be free. That’s absolutely ludicrous.

People constantly think the boards going to change then act surprised when they * us over or short change us. If they’ve done it once they’re gonna continuously do it as they get away with it every season, twice a season, then come out with the same tripe, we tried, it’s a difficult market, we’re living in a strange time due to covid, brexit the list of excuses is endless, if the fans allow it to happen * all will change. Then we come out with “hit them in the pockets” but then buy your season book anyway, pay for the new shirt anyway, pay for a European game anyway. That’s why nothing will ever change as there are too many people unwilling to cut the supply.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  18. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Don't know what universe you are living in mate but no fan was offered a refund for the season tickets last year and why can't we expect the first full house to be free? They offer us a free european game and a friendly on every season ticket, every year.

19. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    every fan who bought their season book was offered a refund due to ongoing covid restrictions. If you kept them you got the pass to paradise. It was government legislation that forced that.

And the bit in bold, yes I totally get that, but it’s always the 1st/2nd round (whatever one we are in first) it’s never been anything different. And the friendlies yup they usually do that too. I get that.

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    You're getting very confused mate so I will try make this as simple as possible.

No fan was given the chance to any sort of refund last season. No one. The club themselves have already came out and admitted in fan discussions, that they expected fans back into the ground by October 2020. As with any club, you will have a select amount of days to return your season ticket and claim your money back, a standard procedure with every purchase you make worldwide. That has absolutely nothing to do with Corona Virus, it's normal to be able to return something you have bought within a certain amount of days. Consumer rights etc. I bought my ticket with the knowledge I would miss some games but would get to at least some when the pandemic has subsided and we would be back to some, if not all normality. As we all know, that never happened and we ended up back in a lockdown after Christmas for a further 4 months.

What I think you are referring to is the final 3 months of the season in 2019/2020 where we were awarded the title without fulfilling all of the fixtures. Every fan was able to claim the money back on the 4 home games we missed out on, £100 worth. Make no mistake about it, no fan was offered any sort of refund for the 2020/2021 season because the terms and conditions of the season ticket had changed. The club done that to protect themselves so they knew we wouldn't be able to claim anything if we couldn't get into any games, like what happened. It's certainly not the clubs fault for this, I don't blame them at all. They had to cover their bases, like any consumer would. We were promised the best in quality with regards to stream and commentator service that was A- completely poor and B- not always fulfilled.

Again, I don't 100% lay blame at the boards feet. They need to take a massive share of that blame but they were providing a service that they were unfamiliar with. No club had done this before and they were all struggling. What they can do is attempt to rectify the issues, which we can all agree they failed to do, and they could also attempt to compensate and make amends for what happened last season.

How do they make amends? Go and provide us with the best manager possible. Failed. ( I love Ange and he may turn out to be an absolute gem of a find but make no mistake, he was the cheap option)

Provide us with the best team and get signings in quickly to provide the cover we needed. FAILED, the fact we are playing a guy who was less than 4th choice right back last season is unforgivable and regardless of his form, the fans deserve to be backed with a team to be proud of.

All you're doing is deflecting the blame of the board away and onto the green brigade. Do I like everything the GB do? Of course not, some of them are jumped up wee fannies with a chip on their shoulders. Some of them are also cracking guys who are sick to death of the way the club is being run and want things to change. None of us want to go back to seeing the scenes we had last year, fans charging down players cars and shouting and screaming at the board. The board have distanced themselves so much from the fans that this was always going to happen, especially with the inability to get into the ground and make a protest visible to McKay/Lawwell/Bankier and Desmond.

So, I wanted my ticket on thursday for free, I don't believe that's me being entitled, I believe that's what should have happened and anyone who even attempts to disagree with that is part of the problem.