1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Cleansheets

That wasn't aimed at you George. I disagree with most of what you say but I know you're totally genuine.

Thumbs up!!!

OziBeerMan likes this.
  2. AussieGreek

The state of this thread :giggle2:

Let's just admit the NSL was terrible and had to die, but traditional clubs and those attached to them (like Ange Postecoglou!!!) were treated like *.

Let's just admit the A-league was needed, but the way they went about it has was and is abysmal.

Let's just admit the new curriculum thing we had going has been a failure.

The old clubs produced much better players then this modern revamp has. That's not to say that things should have not changed, they definitely had to change, but in terms of player production, we have massively regressed since the A-league and new curriculum. There's no denying that.

We were supposed to progress as a footballing nation, and we certainly have (Asian Cup, Asian Champion Leagues with the Wanderers, consistent World Cup appearances), but we are also regressing in terms of the A-league and player production now.

Let's just leave it at that, * my life. If there's any decent Aussie talent, let's hope we can snap it up, but Ange is very detached from Aussie football now besides his contacts with his beloved South Melbourne Hellas.

3. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Doesn't help when football is so little in Australia, meaning majority of the optimistic * are also clueless *.

AdamRS likes this.
  4. Mr Cleansheets

This is an Ange Postecoglou thread and I'm keenly aware that the last couple of pages have been tangential to say the least.

But AG...I don't know where to start. There is so much about your post that is...if not profoundly wrong...is just so subjective from the obvious perspective of those that dislike the AL.

This is not the place to debate Australian football, even if I've been dragged in a few times against my will. Happy to discuss offline if you like. PM me.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  5. AussieGreek

Hey, I was one of the NSL bitters, I don't deny that. But being nearly 15 years older, wiser and less emotional, it was so obvious the NSL had to die and a huge revamp needed.

I think I have objectively listed some successes of the FFA, and some of their failures.

There is no denying our production line of talent has slowed down massively since the old clubs were pushed into obscurity (especially in the first decade of the A-league) and we had some * failed curriculum forced onto our youth. I really don't get how anyone could argue against that and it should be hugely worrying for us, not something ignored or glossed over.

By the way, do I think the NSL as a league was better quality then the A-league? No. But there was just so many little sparks that emerged that gave us our golden generation, like Viduka and Emerton.

6. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    If we’ve found our way here it’s an indicator that we actually give a * about football and kinda know what we’re on about.
    I said it before and got laughed at, but Aussie footballers, actually do know what we’re on about. We live in a country where our chosen sport is so down the pecking order, so us who follow it seriously give a *. I’m still seeing the condescending attitude to Australian football. And Ange is against that too. * me it’s blokes kicking a ball around. Not that hard.

Mr Cleansheets likes this.
  7. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Boys I think we’re derailing the thread

8. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

:giggle1:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Honestly m8, Scottish people have always had a habit of fighting amongst themselves or even with themselves and we would probably be an independent country today if we hadn't fought against each other on the 17th & 18th centuries. There's guys on this forum who can sometimes get into heated "debates" with each other with a lot of name calling etc. So don't bother your * with any * being thrown your way just because you have different views about Celtic and Aussie football etc. and there's definitely no need to "suck Scottish *" as you so eloquently put it:50:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    OziBeerMan likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It’s * hilarious you thought that was worth showing off twice.

We use pre-season friendlies as a way to get fit and * about, not competitive or that. Is that the most obvious evidence btw? A friendly from 4 years ago?

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    How many posts you’ve got Doesn’t matter a *. That’s bizarre :56:

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Honestly m8, there's guys who sit beside me at Parkhead who haven't a clue about Scottish football never mind Aussie football. I also don't think we in Scotland should be condescending about any other football league in the world as ours isn't great as we have been getting our arses felt in practically all the European competitions over the last few years. Yes we get the odd great result but it's not very often these days. So, I admire your passion for Aussie football and there have been some great Aussie footballers plying their trade in foreign lands such as Cahill, Kewell, Rogic, Mooy etc. so I reckon they knew what they were doing. So just bat any * you get away m8 and welcome onboard the Ange bus

14. Jukes

This thread has well and truly derailed :biggrin:

All I will say I am genuinely happy that Ange is making a good impression at Celtic. I am honestly surprised at the speed of his progress particularly the mess that was inherited from Lennon and the shambles with the Eddie Howe saga. Whats the saying "every dark cloud has a silver lining". You can thank your lucky stars that you have made the right choice with Postecoglou instead of Howe. A sliding doors moment if ever there was one. Trust me............IT WILL ONLY GET BETTER.

15. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    This Ange is your Ange,
    This Ange is my Ange,
    Whether you’re a *
    Or an Angie keen yin;

Whether from down under,
    Still can hate the Hun down there.
    This Ange was made for you and me.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  16. Rogicisgod

Has to be a first the new dawn v nsl bitters argument rehashed on a Scottish Celtic forum!! Lol

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

OziBeerMan, AussieGreek and Jukes like this.
  17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Zaluska, Towell and Daryl Murphy were playing. It was 10 years ago :giggle1:

Liam Scales likes this.
  18. Mr Cleansheets

Thanks a lot *.

The optimistic * you refer to are not the clueless ones. They are the ones who are here, the ones whae gie a * abit fitba FFS

Give yerself an uppercut you patronising piece of *.

Jeeez...

OziBeerMan likes this.
  19. Mr Cleansheets

Well it's not bizarre because the number of Australians who come on here wanting to suck the * of Scots by admitting how * Australian fitba is does my head in.

It's not * ya *. Get a * grip!

OziBeerMan likes this.
  20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

It’s pretty *