1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Yan Couto

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Henrik 07, Jul 23, 2021.

Discuss Yan Couto in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That croatian account broke a story on Gavranovic (Dinamo Zagreb) striker going to Kayserispor in Turkey 4 days ago, and its been announced today...

Never know.

Leone Naka Fan and McChiellini.. like this.
  2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Wonder if there's any chance of a two year loan or a loan with an option to buy for an amount, say around what we paid for Edouard?

We seemingly have a great relationship with City so we should be using it to our advantage.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Interesting. Hopefully there is more to come and the Polish guy has jumped the gun..

Definitely has on us being skint so that gives me more hope..

On a side-note I really like that Gavranovic, although he's getting on..

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

If this guy is better then that's all that matters.

Said it before, but let's not get ahead of ourselves with Ralston. He's been better of late but ultimately we far better than him.

76mark likes this.
  5. Maestro 08

Oh aye we def have a great relationship with City. For me we didn't need an inexperienced defender who has been sent to make his mistakes here. This season we really needed some experience at the back. I can see this guy playing 2nd fiddle to Ralston when we should have been looking for someone to be first team ready.

6. Maestro 08

Exactly I wanted an experienced defender that was first team ready. I genuinely think this guy due to his inexperience will be in and out the team, prone to more than the odd mistake and possibly even 2nd fiddle to Ralston. Time will tell.

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If this boy signs he's coming in as first choice. I'd much prefer Juranovic but Couto looks excellent and will do brilliant here, the problem is, if it's only a year, we're back to square one next year.

Hopefully it's 2 year.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

By all accounts, Couto is very highly rated. He won't be backup to Ralston.

I would rather have Juranovic, but Couto looks like he'd be a very good signing for us, albeit on loan.

9. Maestro 08

I don't deny he's highly rated, City don't intentionally pick up dross. I question whether he is first team ready which is what we needed imo.

10. Maestro 08

Here's hoping. The two year thing doesn't bother me tbh. At some point we are actually going to have to buy our own RB, this is just another plaster over a gaping wound moment. If this is a stop gap so we can direct funds elsewhere it's a tiny bit more easy to stomach but if we are not directing funds to such an obviously lacking position then I can't see where we are going to spend money, can you?

NomDePlum likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I get what you're saying to be fair..

It would've been nice to get an experienced head in to that backline. Another one with Starfelt..

Couto I think will be excellent going by the clips we've seen of him, but won't be experienced at all in term's of the physicality of our league and European football in general..

Juranovic would've slotted in seamlessly I think..

Let's hope we get Couto in ASAP and he's ready to go immediately. He'll 100% excite us and add quality in a position that needs it. Couto and Abada down the right will cause nightmares..

NomDePlum and Maestro 08 like this.
  12. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Our board are just the gift that keeps on giving. How has it taken us this long to sign a teenager on loan.

Celtic Board likes this.
  13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Couto hasn’t been sent on loan yet because he was staying at City incase of an emergency until Walker got back from England duty.

I get people on here love greetin but fucksake there’s literally nothing we could do to get it done weeks or months ago without City agreeing to it.

MacEwan likes this.
  14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He played 29 games for Girona last season. Don’t think it’s a worry.

NomDePlum likes this.
  15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Biggest issue with a loan is we are back in a similar, or worse position this time next year.

CountyDownFaithful and The_Bhoy like this.
  16. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Problem is we should have brought in full backs before we were knocked out of the Champions league Qualifiers and lost our first game of the season. If we were waiting on a loan deal for a teenager from Man City then that is pathetic. We have needed fullbacks for fuckknows how long and we have seemingly decided to patch it up with a loan when we should be rebuilding a squad and permanently strengthening our weakest positions. Fair enough the lad looks a real prospect but if this isn't a two year loan deal and our preference is a loan deal until the summer instead of paying 2.5 million for juranovic on a permanent basis it seems a peculiar decision to me.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  17. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don’t fully understand this worry this season. Had it been a normal year I’d fully agree but we’ve needed to sign/replace a lot of players this summer and it’s been a huge transition.

We still need to sign a rb, lb, cb, lw, st. That’s at least 5 more signings on top of the 5 first team signings we’ve already made.

Some of these signings are going to be on loan. If we loan a striker, we’re still going to be in a similar position next season as well.

I get and agree we’d all prefer a permanent signing over a loan but if we loan, let’s say 2 players this season, hopefully we don’t lose any of the new signings and next season we’d need to sign 2 players to replace the loanees and replace anyone that leaves basically.

It gives us a lot more time and potentially earn more money over that time as well. And that is a much better position than needing 10 permanent signings next season, just 2 plus replacing what we sell.

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Our single recognised RB is Ralston, he's just had a year extension with an option of an additional year. That option (I think) needs both parties to agree. So it is entirely feasible that by next August we have no recognised RB under contract if we don't sign any non-loan RBs soon.

19. CountyDownFaithful

This is my concern too. Happy enough with the loan if it’s a 18-24 month loan or loan with obligation to buy.

I’d rather have a good player on a 3/4 year contract than a great player on a season long loan.

Tommy25 and NomDePlum like this.
  20. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I get the complaints regarding another loan but the most important thing is to get the best team possible to wrestle the title off those * and guarantee CL participation next year, then if we don't make more permanent signings I'd happily show my displeasure. Title at all costs this season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.