1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Yan Couto

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Henrik 07, Jul 23, 2021.

Discuss Yan Couto in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Inviting a loanee, ffs.

2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Disappointed if we loan him and don’t buy a RB, be in the exact same position next year.

3. Bighairyboss

Maybe being brought in as a left back, I’m sure the footage has him playing both sides?

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I'll say it mate, if we sign this fella and not the Croatian lad on a permanent its a * disgrace

Mr Shelby likes this.
  5. Samurai Bhoy

If he can play on the left, sign him up, then get the Croat for the right.

6. DonnyCelt

Couto and Juranovic not one or the other.

Rydo1888*, Damnati, Hammy89 and 4 others like this.
  7. horseshoe

Obviously we'd rather get someone in on a permanent deal, but the amount of bodies we need I think a loan or two is inevitable before the end of the window. Last seasons loans have soured people on them in general, wrong players under the wrong manager, as long as Ange is having final say and they suit what we need I'm not going to get raging at a loan signing.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Mental if we are bringing him in as we could have done it a month ago :redcard:

Unless we're bringing in him and another guy and he's more of a back-up even then he could still have been in and being used.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    A loan or two is inevitable, agree.

Just not in a position we've had 8 months to sort. A loan at RB will leave us in the exact same position in 12 months.

Maybe a loan CB along with another permanent one aye. Or a loan winger.

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I don't really care about loans. At least Man City ones have done well before Denayet, Roberts, even Guidetti did a decent job for half a season. Plus Boyata and Frimpong we got off them, maybe someone else im forgetting. If he's as good as them he'll do a job.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Tbf, he’s a player and an instant impact.

I’d like to see an option to buy, or Juranovic in too would be the ideal situation.

I still don’t understand the over reactions to loans though.

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Loans should be brought in as back up to first team regulars and not in a position we have needed filling for Christ knows how long...And especially not when we seemingly have a chance of bringing in the Croatian lad

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    It's not as if he's duff by any means, from the small highlights he has he looks excellent and will 100% do a job here.

If it's a 2 year loan like Roberts then I think it's an exciting deal, my problem is I don't think it will be and Juranovic is a croatian international who we have a chance to sign on a permanent deal and will be here next year.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

No they shouldn’t. They should be brought in to make an impact. Players we couldn’t sign otherwise. If things work out then an option to buy or discussions towards that should be made.

If that isn’t possible or realistic, work on getting a permanent in should be carried out from the day the loanee is in the door.

Our problem is we get a loan in as a stop gap and we wait until they’ve left to do anything about it, by then it’s too late and the entire process repeats.

If Couto comes in he’s going to make an impact. He’s too good not to. But we need to be chasing Juranovic for January, if Legia are playing hard ball.

Can'tbehooped likes this.
  15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Loans just bang of short term thinking.. We have needed a right back for 6 months now, getting a loan just kicks the can down the road..

If I'm being 100% percent honest a club the size of Celtic shouldn't need loans unless it's for an emergency or as I said cover for first team injuries.. No reason why we cannot buy a first team right back on a permanent.

No reason we shouldn't have 2 players for every position on the pitch ready to go every season from the start.

Better preparation and forward thinking needed from the board

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Could be a 2 year loan as well, with him only being 19 and only played about half a season of football so far, more like the Roberts loan when he was 18 at the time I think. Would make sense if he was the first choice pick that he'd be here for a while.

Forgot we did that with Arzani from them as well although he done his knee in about his 2nd game and basically wasted 2 years. Think he was 19 as well.

Even if he was really good you'd doubt he'd be anywhere neat Man City's team in a year.

MacEwan likes this.
  17. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Instant impact, maybe..
    But we need to bring in a fullback that we can more or less guarantee will still to be here by next summer, or risk going back to square one all over again.

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don’t really think we do… we have signed quite a few and have quite a few to sign. Using a player in on loan whilst the team is being put together doesn’t really worry me too much. It gives us time to sort out that position later.

It’s also possible negotiations for players and with clubs have been difficult, or Ange hasn’t found a full back he actually wants. More likely we’ve been difficult to negotiate with and won’t pay what clubs wants.

My main concern is city want decent loan fees for players these days. If we pay a couple million or even a million to loan him, instead of coughing up £3ish million for juranovic I’d be quite *.

19. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    It's absolutely shambolic that we're looking at a 19 year old loan for a position we've needed someone in for since January. Pathetic that we're out of the Champions League, and 2 games into a season and Ralstons our ONLY right back.

I've no issues with loans to fill out a squad or bring in a top class player. But not when we've had so much time to find a permanent player for a key position.

Unless he can play also play left back I do not understand this move whatsover. We need a permanent right back.

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Can only see negativity from folk because they’d convinced themselves the Croatian was coming in, might not even be or have been an option. Who knows.

What I do know is this lad is a player and the City loans have almost all been good for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.