1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Don’t know if this was posted but how good is it when he’s going round with the ball at the end, tapping boys on the shoulder and getting hugs. * love how buzzing he is and how buzzing the boys are for him.

The67Sound, Rydo1888*, Slaw and 6 others like this.
  2. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

canny get this oot my heed the day :dancing:

seanm likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Really seems to want to integrate with the players.
    Only a good thing!

seanm and MacEwan like this.
  4. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He was phenomenal yesterday, his movement and work rate is just outstanding.

I wonder how much he has learned from Iniesta as well, must be incredible having someone that playing behind you and training with you everyday!

Dip 'n' Swerve, seanm and AussieGreek like this.
  5. seanm

Id have 11 japanese players in our team if it were allowed. Their work ethic is phenomenal.kyogo was slide tackling dundees left back 2 yards from the byline.thats what we need throughout the whole team.HH

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

As home debuts go, it doesn’t get much better than the one Kyogo Furuhashi produced on Sunday against Dundee.

The Japanese forward produced a stunning performance, scoring three goals in the 6-0 win and becoming an instant hero with Celtic supporters for his overall contribution to the team.

For the 26-year-old, who netted his first goal for his new club last week in the Europa League tie against FK Jablonec, it was a perfect start to life as a Celt.

And with over 24,000 fans inside the stadium generating a brilliant atmosphere, it has made him eager to experience that again, which he will be able to do this Thursday in the return leg against the Czech Republic side.

Speaking to the official Celtic website, Kyogo said: “I had a really brilliant day and was a real joy to play my first match at Celtic Park in front of our fans. It was my first real experience of our great stadium and it will live with me forever.

'Football is about supporters and about us as players trying to make our fans happy. It is why we play the game and we all enjoyed doing that yesterday.'

“I would like to thank the fans for supporting me and the rest of the boys so well. Even though the stadium was not quite full yet, there was a phenomenal atmosphere and we could tell that our fans were happy to be back supporting the club.

“I can see why people say it is one of the best stadiums in the world and one of the best atmospheres in football, and I can’t wait to feel it again when all our fans are back and the stadium is full.”

Celtic’s opener against Dundee came after 20 minutes when David Turnbull set Liel Abada racing down the right. His cross into the box was met first-time by Kyogo, who steered the ball beyond the goalkeeper and into the net.

By that point, the Japanese forward had already passed up a chance after being set up by Tom Rogic.

Five minutes after the first goal, Kyogo doubled his and Celtic’s tally. This time, it was great work down the left flank by Ryan Christie who found Kyogo inside the six-yard box after great movement from the striker, and he slotted the ball home.

The hat-trick followed just before the 67th minute mark, with Christie again the provider, threading a sublime pass through the Dundee defence for Kyogo to run on to and lift the ball over the onrushing keeper and into the net, sending Paradise into raptures.

Reflecting on his hat-trick, Kyogo said: “It was really for nice for me to score three goals but, more importantly, it was great for the whole team to get such a great result and have such a good performance in our first home match in front of the fans.

'We scored some really good team goals too and we worked well together and played the kind of football I love.'

“It seems as if everything has happened so quickly in the past few weeks, but it was just such a good feeling to be out there at Celtic Park. It is an amazing arena to play football in and it was great fun for me.”

“We have had two good results in the last two matches and now we are going to work hard every day to get better and better.

“It is really early in the season and we have a lot to work on, but we will do all we can to build on these performances.

“We’re really looking forward to Thursday’s match and hope we can get another positive result.”

Rydo1888* and seanm like this.
  7. seanm

Kyogo our japanese bhoy .superb yesterday. HH

8. seanm

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's a wee cutie xo.

Rydo1888*, MacEwan and seanm like this.
  10. AussieGreek

He's only thinking about working hard. He's going to be a leader on the standard of effort players should be putting in at training.

Poor Griffiths :56:

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It would definitely mean consistent Angeball. 90 guaranteed minutes of closing down, good passing, pacey movement, self-sacrifice and a humble attitude. They and Koreans are closest to that ideal.

Off topic: I transformed a team on the old Championship Manager 01/02 to have mostly Japanese players. Couldn't do Celtic because of the work permit crap, though.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If Odsonne started trying a wee bit after seeing Kyogo, perhaps Leigh is not lost yet. I have a physical disability, and as a result, I often lose courage when things require precision. My Japanese language teacher had a way to gently encourage everyone, even me, to keep it up. Nothing abusive, and it worked.

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He really is a breath of fresh air, early days but this fella could be an absolute legend... His energy and clear enjoyment of just playing football is infectious...

Certainly lifting the doom and gloom from last season and preseason in one gane..

Wee Baldy and Phoenix Rise like this.
  14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Kyogo is not the only gem in the J-League that can be unearthed by Ange. He will know other players in Japan that could do a very good job for us. Give him the funds, we're on to a winner here.

Wee Baldy and Dip 'n' Swerve like this.
  15. Dip 'n' Swerve

untapped market - use the knowledge of big ange bhoy.
    the players in general come with great work ethic, passion, commitment and strife to get better.
    his movement, clean crisp first touch and deft finishing are refreshing - he will only improve. he wont be falling out of nightclubs or throwing tantrums - united with the club and the greater good - will be great for young dembele's development.
    my only worry is can the refs guarantee he is given adequate protection - I can see him being targeted etc - I seen him yesterday track back and get his body back fighting for the ball I don't think he is a softie.

Wee Baldy and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    McGregor can explain to him the realities of refereeing, and the likely racist abuse he will experience at Ibrox. I know Brown is no longer here, but someone like him could be useful to kick up a fuss when Kyogo is targeted during the game.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  17. Dip 'n' Swerve

you could argue professional footballers should always be ready to go - extra training, get in early, stay behind late - those type of things make the difference in matches etc.

professional players should not be told or spoon-feed - players like ntcham etc who throw their toys out of the pram - create a bad environment at the club. I would say young players at the club will look up to our new players and see how they train, their actions of the pitch and try to replicate etc.

Never seen any players with smiles on their faces under lennon or Kennedy's reign like the first few matches of this season.

18. Dip 'n' Swerve

he will need to play smart know when to ride tackles, when he will get whacks in the back etc.
    if he is kept fit and injury free he will be a great addition.
    the old rule - the best way to shut them up is score goals and silence them.

we will know on Saturday - hearts at home - they are sharpening their studs all week.

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He basically needs to be Modrić.:84: That one has eyes on the back of his head, and is never unprepared. If possible, I'd like to see McCarthy in the team, so that Hearts players know payback is coming when they go dirty.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The current top-scorer in both the Japanese and Scottish League.

:ange2: