1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Dundee | Premiership | Sun 8th Aug | 3PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Aug 5, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Dundee | Premiership | Sun 8th Aug | 3PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Suppose people see things differently mate, certainly wasn’t outstanding but I thought he played really well today, , link up play and passing was good , unlucky with a few good strikes, also thought his corner s were spot on, miss big Julien in those situations, 1 plus for me the day was he didn’t look like he was breathing out his * last 20 minutes

packybhoy likes this.
  2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Most enjoyment I’ve had watching Celtic in a long time.

This is the real start of Postecoglou’s reign and hopefully a nudge to the Board to get their *’ finger oot and help him in the transfer market.

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A know mate, refeerin shouldn’t be forgotten and after a game like that is when it should be getting called out as if you do after a defeat just get called a sore loser

Wee Baldy and Free the Adblock like this.
  4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, forgot about his corners tbf. Jullien should have a field day with them

Slater67 likes this.
  5. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I dont think anyone is getting carried away, It might only be Dundee but Lennons team would have struggled today. The 6 goals are nice but it was the overall performance that most have enjoyed today, finally some positive play to see on the pitch and see 2 signings we have made give an instant impact. Sit back and enjoy the moment.

6. Bampton

Remember all the comments about how Angeball would never break down teams that want to sit back and just defend? Dundee came forward for a couple of set pieces but otherwise had 10 men behind the ball and we could have put 10 goals past them. It was a great performance and a sign of things to come. McCarthy in, new LB in and another couple of signings to improve depth and this team will be a real force. Happy days:ange:

OziBeerMan, packybhoy and bagforlife like this.
  7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Taylor and Starfelt were the only ones who didn't have a really good game today but Starfelt was much better than his past 2 games.
    Christie was so dangerous, anytime he was on the attack I thought we could score. 3 assists isn't just luck. A team like Southampton or Palace will jump at him on a free.
    I thought Turnbull looked good, some great balls over the top and slick passing.
    Abada again looks dangerous, he is only a kid and already looks the part.
    Kyogo, £4.5m is a bargain, his positioning and quick thinking is amazing.

8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What a joy to behold that was today, Kyogo and Christie absolutely frightening. We need to be going all out to keep Christie now, he's been very good all season but today was just another level.

We are back folks, this is goanny be some season :34:

johnboy19 likes this.
  9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    My biggest fear is the board looking at the performance and result, thinking 'job done'.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  10. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Sportscene 7:15pm. Defo tuning in!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2021
  11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Two pacey, technically sound fullbacks, a nice competent ball playing CB.... and we could * destroy everything in our path (domestically at least) for the foreseeable.

Ange ball is real.

Hopefully the * board see that too

12. Sentinel

I don't think I've ever had so many replies to a comment on here! Sorry to sound like a complete negative Nigel. I just have many reservations still about this team (though still a work in progress - especially if we get some new signings!) and was trying to be realistic. Defence still terrifies me against any kind of half-decent players.

It was and is the wrong time and place. There were many, many positives from today. Kyogo outstanding, Christie revitalised and refreshed, no goals conceded, fans back in the stadium, Tony Ralston, 10 goals in 2 games and should have been more, Edouard benched and last but not least - making us all happy to watch the real Celtic again!

:60:

Ozzie Hoop, Jeannie960 and joemc like this.
  13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fist off aside from the obvious that that was a superb performance can I just say what a joy to watch that quality of attacking football was. For the first time in over a year I had a big smile on my face watching Celtic. Even last season when we won the quadruple against the diets it was more relief then anything else. But that today was fun and I loved it. Not just because we won and the score as we won some games by 5 goals last season but because of the way we played. Secondly can I say it was so good to see Jackie McNamara at the game and with a big grin on his face looking so good all day. Great to see.

In terms of the game earlier in this match thread I said please just win by hook or by crook just win. Well with that performance firstly we are now above the zombies on goal difference but that really does send out a positive message and such a boost of confidence for the players and team as well.

At the back we didn't have a lot to do but the clean sheet is another confidence booster and all credit to Ralston for another very well taken goal and good all round performance. I was one of those who said he was not good enough. In my case not to even be the back up right back and all credit to him he has made me eat my words. Now I am still of the opinion that he is technically weaker and not at the level we need to be the everyday starter at right back but all credit to him he is playing well and has shown me wrong that he is well capable of been a decent right back back up option and well deserved of getting the one year contract for this season.

In midfield we will see if Christie will commit and sign a new deal but at least he is putting in some performances. He was nothing short of superb today. I know Furuhasi got a deserved man of the match but Christie was right there too. Turnbull looked more like himself as well and what about Furuhasi up front he scores a hat trick and still could easily have got at least 2 more in fact from even easier chances. Loved how Furuhasi went out of his way to high five every player and staff member in the stand behind the bench after he was subbed. Finally aside from an excellent performance from McGregor today thought he really showed leadership the way he corralled everyone at the end and made sure they all showed the appreciation to the crowd.

I am not going to get carried away as we are still a long way from where we need to be particularly defensively. But what I will say if we can recruit well the rest of this month and really fully implement this style of football we may have indeed stumbled onto a gem in Postecoglou.

Again first time in so so long I was loving watching Celtic.

14. Samurai Bhoy

Definitely
    I’ve been playing Sunday league level, and futsal, in Japan for the past 5 or 6 years, and even at that low level the technique, passing and movement is on a different level.

There are definitely players of Kyogo’s caliber in Japan, at the J1 level, we could be tapping into.
    I’d definitely start with Itakura at CB.

15. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Good Lord that was superb entertainment.

16. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    Agreed, get Hjelde & Murray out on loan and bring in a CB with a bit of experience (could even be a loan if nec). Need another striker too (Nesbitt?)

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  18. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

That's how he gets about the pitch anyway, should be fine.

19. Sgt Neppers*

Oh my days..... What a sixy performance and result. And still a defence to come. :party048:

20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    It's just so fecking blatant now. I thought it might have stopped after they did their bit to help stop the ten last season however, only two games in, and the * continues. We should be calling it out after a result like today's as you say as they then can't accuse us of being paranoid

eire4 and Artorias like this.