1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think he will be gone along with Eddy its a pity because the way we want to play will suit his style and i dont think we will get a replacement as good as him in his natural position .

2. Mr Hoopy

Agreed. We will be weaker without him - especially when he plays in the middle.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  3. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I don't agree that it was his fault for being gready & taking wild shots. We can't deny this is what he done last season but he was told this by the manager. He is different this season as Ange has given him different instructions. Its the exact same as Johannson under Ronny looking like a headless chicken by doing what the manager has advised. If you don't follow the managers instructions, you don't play. Simple as that for me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Callum McGregor likes this.
  4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Kind of agree with this but I'd add that the players decision making has to come into the equation. If you're 30 yards from goal with for example Eddie looking to make a run in behind, you've got to spot that and make the pass. Shooting in that situation is so obviously the wrong decision bit one Christie made several times last season.

But I'd prefer to go on what's happening this season and for me, he's probably been our best player along with McGregor. Would love him to sign a new contract at this point.

5. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I do get that the decision making should have been a lot better, that can happen at any time. We even seen that on Thursday when he should have laid it on a plate but made the wrong decision. Being a bit gready & hitting a shot got Abada his goal against the Danes. I'm not sure exactly what the instructions were from Lennon. Maybe shoot as soon as you have space?

I didn't agree with the instructions but as its going to be the same under Ange. Do what you are told tactically of you won't play.

6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Seems to me like he IS following Ange's instructions yet still is not a first pick. That tells me that he still wants away, which is unfortunate.

7. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I also think he wants away mate & that's why he isn't playing. Ange used him & Eddie until he got his own people then dropped them, which is the correct decision.

8. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Correct decision in Eddie's case as he's been rank rotten, but not so sure on Christie. If he's doing the business am fine putting him in mate, through the middle with McGregor to give Turnbull a chance to sit out and regroup.

9. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ange has stuck by his guns about playing the players that want to be here. Going by what I've read about him he will stick with this unless Christie decides to stay. I think Christie doesn't half suit Ange's style of football so guess Ange will be constantly on at the board to get it sorted. I don't think Christie actually wants to stay so not much the board can do. This sytem doesn't seem to suit Turnbull atall, too much effort expected. He was allowed to get away with that at Motherwell were the other midfielders like Campbell, done the extra work.

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    You mean like slow as *, no movement and generally not being very useful? I. E. Edouard, Taylor and Turnbull?

Christie should be moved on, but he should be playing, showing the exact opposite of an Edouard and did more in his sub appearance than Turnbull has every game this season.

Trequartista likes this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I think he will start today instead of Turnbull, I’d love to see him staying as he suits the style of football we are going to be playing. The only thing is does he want to stay? I think Ange wants him, so it’s up to the board to either sort his contract out or move him on, would hate to see him lingering then moving on, on a free.

12. Trequartista

Agree with the last bit regarding him showing more than the names you mentioned. I think Christie will definitely use this situation to get himself a move and at the end of the day, he has no allegiance to the club and the board should have sorted his contract out earlier. He definitely strikes me as a careerist and is merely using us as a stepping stone.

In different circumstances I would shun him if he wouldn’t sign a new deal because we would know his intentions, if we had an able replacement. Going on what we’ve seen, Turnbull hasn’t been that player under Ange and Christie has outshone him in every department.

13. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Flog the horse until it goes if he’s producing good play then play him until he leaves may as well squeeze as much as we can he is 8n the shop window so nothing is changing his mind to stay but he could be the difference in getting EL group and getting ahead of the scum for me that’s worth playing him until he leaves either jan or next few weeks

14. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He does suit the style with his energy in the high press. Think he would he even better in this system in his natural positon. Some fans haven't half changed their mind about him from last season, some fans just don't like him & nothing will change that.

As I said, don't think he wants to stay so best for all parties he goes asap so we can recruit.

Noskeil likes this.
  15. Maestro 08

The every single player, coach, employee is *, torch it all! brigade are doin some amount of backtracking in here lol

Noskeil and Double Dutch like this.
  16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ironically for all the times Lennon played him striker/false 9 last season he would be more suit that position now under Ange style. Could actually see him do serious damage with kyogo/Forrest/abada moving off him.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Maestro 08 likes this.
  17. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It’s almost like the few who stuck up for him and refused to blame everything on him last season didn’t actually deserve the abuse they got :fear:

trackebhoy and Maestro 08 like this.
  18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’ve said this before, Rodgers, Deila, Lennon and Clark have all done that with him.

Are we just completely missing something here? :56:

Dublin Celt likes this.
  19. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I'd like to see him central with kyogo and abada either side of him today

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC have held fresh talks with Ryan Christie over a possible new contract.

But SunSport understands the 26-year-old – wanted by new Hoops boss Ange Postecoglou – has yet to receive a concrete offer to extend a deal which expires in January.

Attacker Christie is now free to discuss his future with other clubs and able to sign a pre-contract.

English Premier League Burnley have a long standing interest in him while others such as Crystal Palace and Nice have also consistently been linked.

Postecoglou featured Christie in the four opening domestic and Euro games and named him in his starting line-up for today's game against Dundee at Parkhead.

The Celts boss praised the Scotland star several times last week, including after a superb goal as a sub in the 4-2 Europa League qualifying triumph over Jablonec, and has made it clear he’d like him to stay.

Contrary to rumours, Christie is believed to be very much open to the opportunity to sign a new contract after almost 150 appearances since joining from Caley Thistle in 2015.

He enjoys working with Postecoglou and is now wondering if the club hierarchy deliver something for him to consider.

Damnati, Noskeil and Double Dutch like this.