1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Which is why we should sell him now if he won't sign a new deal and commit to being part of this rebuild.

2. Gurru 991

He can't be sold if he doesn't want to go !
    Christie is in the driver seat now.

3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    You are absolutely correct. But we have to at least try and sell him. If he is not willing to commit to signing a new deal and being part of the rebuild then he needs to go. If Christie himself takes the approach that he will not sign a new deal and commit to the rebuild but runs his contract down and leaves on a free then I will be changing my opinion of him completely. There has been on this forum a lot of vitriol directed Christie's way over the past year for his lack of performances last season and the perception that he is selfish rightly or wrongly. I have not been in that camp in terms of directing vitriol at him beyond just been critical of his poor performances. If Christie though refuses to sign a new deal and just sits and goes through the motions while running down his contract then I will be holding my hand up and saying I was wrong and all those who expressed their contempt for his perceived selfishness were indeed correct.
    Hopefully that does not happen and he either commits to this rebuild and signs a new deal or he leaves this window.

4. Trequartista

Another indication of the mismanagement of our club. How we have let players run down their contracts and end up giving them all the power is beyond me. I don’t doubt for one second he’d happily play until January and sign a pre-contract. That wee laugh he had with GMS on the pitch after we lost on Saturday tells you all you need to regarding where his head is at.

5. Big C

I suspect a deal has been done with his agent and his future employers, therefore the only way I see is getting a fee would be at the tail end of the window when they offer us 100k or thereabouts.

6. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Just keep him for the 6 months, he will contribute more than a player for the cost we could have got for him at this stage. He has seemed up for it so far under Ange and if he keeps that up then he's an asset for the first half of the season.

Is it mismanagement of resources, probably but it's the board that allowed it to happen, he should have been sold last summer to avoid this. But the 10iar drive and lennon being * put stop to that and then all the other disasters that I'm not even going to get into. At the end of the day he'd still have been good value for the 500k we paid

Gurru 991 likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Tbh I couldn’t care less if he wants away if he maintains this level of determination, poppin up with assists and goals.
    He’s doin the right thing if he wants away and he’ll attract better suitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin_d likes this.
  9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Took his goal well, was not an easy chance, was brave. Great ball in by JF.

10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Big goal. Coming home a 3-2 I would be * it still. If we get first goal on Thursday that should kill it now.

11. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley
    Should make him a good offer! Could be the difference in Ange’s style of football paying off. His contributions when played so far have been much much better and more like the Christie who was integral under Rogers

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think he really suits the manager tbh.

I'd like him to stay now, but cant see it.

13. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We should play him as long as the effort is there, if he’s running down his contract and looking for a big wage down south then he’ll try his hardest over the period to attract a mid EPL team, as someone said earlier how much would we spend to get someone like him in, flog the horse until it drops with Christie if he starts his selfish * or becomes a bad influence then boot him out and let him train in the car park or M8 on his own same thing

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I proper hated him last year, really hated him..

There's no doubt though that a Christie who has his head in the game, and is played in the right position, is a big player for us..

As mentioned, he's perfect for the type of football Ange wants. Decent pace. Box to box. Presses and has the stamina to do it for 90. A threat on goal. Versatile enough..

He's gone for me but if we could get him to stay, with the amount still needing to be done, it would be a big boost..

Him as a number 8 type, brings out the best in him and adds a lot of leg's to a midfield that didn't have any last year..

MAP likes this.
  15. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    If he was willing to sign a contract. I can see a midfield trio of:

..................mccarthy.....................
    ........christie..........mcgregor........

Lots of energy, decent experience, retains the ball well and decent reserve options

....................soro...................
    .........turnbull.....rogic............

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. Maestro 08

Deserves to play ahead of Turnbull. That's his best position for me as well. No 8 type.

craigtheceltic and Dan Breen like this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Hopefully Ange is in his ear, look perfect for each other..

He could get a much better move playing here for another season.

Really hope, we can get another deal signed.

MAP likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If he wont sign a new contract, we should keep him for the next 6 months, he will bust a gut trying to put himself in shop window. I was well jarred off with him last season, in fairness he was being played out of position in a dysfunctional set up. And was just reckless with his shooting. He does look more composed this season and I would like to see him starting games instead if a slightly out of sorts Turnbull right now.

MAP likes this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Lennon * him as much as he * every other player at the club, I'll not pretend it was all totally Christie's fault.
    He's also started quite well this season and is much better than any game we saw last year.

However, played out of position last year doesn't excuse the greed, ego and attitude he seemed to have on the pitch.
    Lennon can be faulted for playing him at right wing, while we had Dembele screaming for a start. But Christie's lack of positioning, always anywhere bar right wing, along with the woeful shots he took instead of passing, is all on Ryan Christie.
    And those are the bigger issues, for me at least.

But aye, this season he has started well, he seems to stick out to the left when he has had to play there and I reckon he would be the better option in the front of a mid 3 than Turnbull at present.

I'd still sell him though.
    He's clearly not here beyond this season, may as well get something in for him.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk