1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

FK Jablonec (2) V Celtic (4)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Jul 28, 2021.

Discuss FK Jablonec (2) V Celtic (4) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Missed it tonight driving home from up the road there. Looked good on the highlights going forward, not sure about Starfelt and Bitton though seeing those goals.

Buzzing Ange got that first win under his belt!
    :ange2:

wee green dug likes this.
  2. john2061

The two new signings for the full back area need pace and be at least 6 foot tall a bit of a physical presence as the fullbacks tonight are pish .

Wee Baldy and Artorias like this.
  3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If you never saw the game I would have thought it was a great scoreline. Watching it though, the two goals were so soft that we really should have been winning by 4 or 5. But, still a positive to take a 2 goal lead from an away tie. Think Hart looked rusty but when did he last kick a ball, or save one ?

Hopefully getting through this tie pushes the board to get us the 3 defenders we desperately need. Also hoping Edouard goes and we get a striker in that wants to be here. Although Furuhashi did look like he can be pretty well relied on to play that role.

4. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I have come away from that game the night feeling miserable. Need so much improvement I cannot see us getting before AZ. I hope there is a lot of signings inbound but I just cannot see it.

Feel disappointed in Ange playing Bitton again too tbh.

5. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think that if we take a step back and look at this in its context we won 4-2 away from home in Europe any other time we would have been leaping with joy,

The two goals we conceded were poor by any standards the first goal was individual positioning by Ralston and letting the player run off hi. and not tracking him for Bitton and a Starfelt watching the ball and not reacting is poor at best Hart was caught in a conundrum rush out get lobbed or take him out and get sent off so he stood tall and couldn’t really do anything

For the second goal Ralston was caught upfield and couldn’t or didn’t have the speed to get back Starfelt was horrendous he sailed by him like the fckng Titanic trying to stop, Hart got a finger to the lob and if Bitton had a bit of composures he might have got it away. So all errors by players

when we were back in defence as a whole team we actually did okay and blocked the passing lines and pressed the player with the ball. Hart had 2 good stops one at the beginning and one at the end also I heard him shouting at the defence lining up for corners and free kicks which is a bonus even though they did the high line again

going forward we were better than we have been so far Abada and koyogo we’re good and we had lots of chances Turnbull should have scored same as Koyogo sitter as well so it could have and should have been 6 and we would have been shouting how good we were if it had been 6.

we need decent defenders Bitton isn’t the answer, Ralston is not the answer, Starfelt is still in transition and the jury is still out we need Julian back and Welsh doesn’t seem to be Annie’s flavour or he would have played before Bitton did so 1 or 2 CB needed
    I think we need a LB to challenge taylor or replace him but not Boli he’s should be gone and a good Striker in place of Edouard as I think Ajeti and Griff are not gonna get much game time if any.

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    People were saying this team were a step up from the Danes. They may actually have been but a more gelled attack helped us, that in my opinion will be better in 2 weeks as will Starfelt and Hart at the back.
    I don't think Alkmaar will be easy but people seem to be right miserable * thinking it's over already. Yeah we started the season a bit * but I have confidence that we will improve and put up a fight this season.

craigtheceltic and Ozzie Hoop like this.
  7. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Nice to get a win.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  8. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Anyone showing the full game tonight so I can see it, set my recorder and the * thing recorded the Olympics even though I was on BBC Scotland.
    Well * off

9. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Sure you weren’t on bbc1 Scotland !!!

10. wee green dug Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Hughes
    I'm buying in to the Joe Hart thing. No doubt he's rusty at the minute but he knows what a goalkeeper is supposed to do, and he certainly did it well for a long time. I think it's a good roll of the dice.

bhoy81, Ozzie Hoop and Sydneysider like this.
  11. Sin

If we don't buy a new LB, RB and CB then we better invest that money in a very large tub of Vaseline so it doesn't hurt too much!

Champions0607 and Wee Baldy like this.
  12. dmac

5subs rule has been scrapped

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  13. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

The Danes were much better than this team we played tonight. The defence won't be much better in 2 weeks Hart and Starfelt might be a bit more settled and the rustyness may go however, as long as we are playing this system with a defence lacking in ability to play it we will continue to ship cheap goals. Ralston, Taylor and Bitton will continue to make individual errors that are out of control of any manager. Until we replace them with better quality we better hope we can score more than the opposition !!!

14. dmac

It is possibly a good thing to have lost such poor goals it reinforces the need to get the defence strengthened but it needs to be at least a couple of levels above what we already have

15. Crilly

Anywhere that I game watch the full game folks? Got collard into staying back at work and only saw the last 3 mins ffs :31:

16. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    A lot of legitimate concerns regarding that defence. Will just forget them though and enjoy this night for what it is.
    A rare victory, cheers bhoys:ynwacelti
    :60:

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  17. wulliebad

BBC iplayer might have it.

18. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    You know I actually feel better after having seen Ange's interview because he highlights we weren't good defensively.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    There were some positives today at least. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Abada and Furuhashi, Forrest didn't have a great game but still chipped in with a goal and an assist, which will hopefully give him a boost and get him back on course to be the player he was before his injury. Mcgregor was tidy.

But that defence... it still needs 2 new full backs and to never see Bitton in it ever again.

Turnbull is way off his game at the moment, Rogic offered nothing when he came on and Edouard, well he was just the same Edouard we've seen of late when he came on, unfortunately.

So, lots of work still needing done, new players needed urgently, and a few punted. That part hasn't really changed at all.

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ryan Christie should be getting a decent contract and played centrally playing him out wide or as a striker last season was the wrong thing to do and showed what a stubborn * Lennon was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicBallBhoy likes this.