1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KG-Henrik

Again he doesn’t give a * how much he’s being paid.

I don’t know why he never gets dropped tbh. If his half arsed performances is better than Ajeti Griffiths or anybody else capable of playing striker then * help us

Wee Baldy, seanm and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  2. KG-Henrik

With McGregor now being captain he probably had to get a grip from last year.

3. TO Hooper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gordon Strachan
    McGregor has been playing well since start of the pre-season games - Hart coming in, Gary Cahill coming in and a good replacement striker, and McGregor pulling the strings in midfield, we should be alright

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The manager needs to stop playing him, his performances are unacceptable.

5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sell him and use fee as signing bonus for Messi :84:

6. john2061

Think he's using the ntcham template not trying and then dropped and then get released as nobody will buy him with his attitude .

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    This big lazy * still here? Get him out Sharon!

8. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    No one wants him

Including us

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    That's what worries me. Obviously he doesn't want to be here and isn't trying a fecking leg so it's total desperation that we are still playing him in front of Ajeti and Griffith's. Ange must be thinking that they two are either absolute * and would be even worse than that big moody * or is being told to play Edouard so possible suitors can see him

10. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Now we are starting to make some moves in the transfer market, if we could bring in £15 million for Edouard and invest it in a quality striker and some defensive reinforcements who are hungry to succeed at Celtic then maybe slowly but surely we would be beginning to put a team together. Edouards 'cant be arsed' attempt on goal v Sevco last season is still etched on my mind. Absolutely infuriating and disgusted with the guy.

Around 18 months ago I was singing they praises of Edouard, the way he could go past players and finish was a defenders nightmare and at that time it could be argued he was better the Moussa Dembele. Its crazy how far he has fallen in my estimation, his attitude disgusts me and he is not fit to wear the famous hoops. I am absolutely desperate to see the back of this guy, the sight of him skulking around in games with a face like a skelped * turns my stomach. Players like Ajer leave Celtic with my best wishes as he always gave his all for Celtic, when Edouard leaves I would be quite happy to see his career go into free fall. That might seem petty but the attitude this guy has shown in what was a very important season for Celtic is appalling.

* OFF.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  11. Born green

I don't wish failure on any ex-Celtic player, regardless of how they left. Any success is a positive reflection on Celtic and Scottish football, and will aid in player recruitment. I wonder just how many transfers have been made based on the success of VVD alone.

However, saying all that, I genuinely think Edourard will be found out when he leaves us. He's made no discernible progress the whole time he has been here. He'll have to put in a monumental effort to make the step up to playing in the EPL every week, if that's where he ends up. I'll be pleasantly shocked if he thrives down there, I really will.

12. joemc

Mate were seeing a shadow of the player he is , 2nd season under br he was unreal and ever since boli was thrown under a bus by lenny he chucked it 100% , and btw he will light it up in epl ive no doupt .

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    At this point I'm actually wondering if he is going to leave this window tbh.

Seen a report stating he is unsure on a move to Brighton.

The other side to that is, if he is unsure, he needs to buck up his ideas and start playing and win a move. Maybe sign a years extension.

Either way this needs resolved quickly. Tiresome now and we need to get reinforcements in up top and have enough time to prep for his departure.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  14. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    He’s unsure of a move to Brighton??? What a daft *!!! That’s all you have earned after downing tools you *. You’ve had opportunities to put yourself into the shop window in the CL qualifying and you couldn’t be arsed. You are getting what you deserved.

Dembele likes this.
  15. Born green

Agree to disagree on that. Under Brendan Rodgers, he had an amazing team around him and there was still virtually no real competition in the league. He did fine, but even then I expected more from him. And I said as much at the time (albeit not on here). But even then he was making all the same mistakes as he is now, we were just getting away with it because we were still winning matches.

This is the first I've heard that the Bolingoli debacle was the reason Eddy's persona changed.

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think "amazing" is being incredibly generous.

The only time edouard played regularly under Rodgers was in his last season and it was easily the worst side.

Dembele played in the stronger Rodgers sides.

17. Seosamh Máirtín

I don't think we've seen Eddy at his best since he caught Covid months back. He may be one of them long term cases cause he's lost so much of his energy and ability. Can't just be down to him being a Nico Anelka haha.

18. Born green

Well he apparently played regularly enough during our strong period to somehow merit a record breaking £9m transfer. Something I was firmly against at the time.

19. Born green

If that's the case then I'd have to seriously question the credentials of our medical team.
    If we can tell by his demeanour, surely they could tell with the myriad tests and examinations they should be doing on all our players.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  20. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He is * our rebuild at striker. We are no way gonna sign anyone for striker unless we can get this guy out and some money in and neither him nor ajeti nor Griffith's are remotely suited to ange's style. This is our biggest problem area at moment

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

joemc likes this.