1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    i love ange. i believe he can be an amazing manager for us but he needs help. backing from the board.

Mr Shelby and Rydo1888* like this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That point makes no sense though.

If they are poor full backs, what sense does it make to completely remove them from a basic full back position and have them cutting in to the middle? It takes them away from their default position and as they are poor players ,unable to cover it again.

The solution to having inadequate players is to try and keep their task very simple and to provide them with cover. Not make their job harder and leave them exposed.

Changing his ideology of his setup is not weak or anything, it's actually very smart and sensible, respectful, to show that he and the team can adapt and not be so one dimensional and quickly found out.

Which every club already has because these two are so poor, it's blatently obvious how you beat us, one game in to the league.
    High press, pace on the wings, will do us most times.

(Yes this is more in response to the podcast than yourself bud)

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As I say, I'm assuming he's accepted the Hart deal with a reasonable level of thought from his side.

But yeah, taking the scales deal as a separate issue, it would be something you'd be annoyed about I'd you're trying to force through key signings and the clubs not doing their part, but instead wasted time on another player that the manager doesn't require.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Not all signings will be scouted, seeked out and requested by the manager.

In fact, the vast MINORITY will be done that way.

I think it takes bare common sense only to see our goalkeeping situation is * and he’s been offered an experienced leader to resolve it and he’s probably lept up and clicked his heels with joy at the prospect.

6. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    The situations that desperate he would probably accept anyone put in front of him right now. Hart, McCarthy, anyone.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye that's where I'm at with it, and what I mean with my second part.

I'm assuming this has been presented and he's given it good thought and agreed to it.

It's clearly a deal we tried to make a few years ago that's been ressurected. As often we seem to do.
    Fully doubt he's demanded we sign Joe Hart, but given that goalkeeper probably wasn't massively high on his list (both full backs and a CB will be higher), then the opportunity being presented has probably been one he's happily agreed to.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Sure. Although there won’t be much time, money or resources required to do the deal. At 600k it’s not putting a material dent in the transfer kitty. He’ll be on a low salary. Desmond effectively runs both clubs, there are no serous negotiations required. It’s highly unlikely such a deal would anger Ange.

Signing guys like Hart and McCarthy on 15k and 30k a week. That has a material impact on what other players can be signed. Much more likely to anger Ange IMO, especially if he wasn’t in favour of either

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The Athletic is full of *.

Xatraps likes this.
  10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I get that stance mate, but I tend to agree with those on the podcast.

A guy coming in with a specific philosophy from day one, a philosophy which was the main selling point to the supporters and players upon his hiring incidentally, that rips it up after a few negative results would be seen as weak, unfortunately. Particularly in a modern day dressing room.

I agree you need to be pragmatic at times, but would Taylor and Ralston be better as overlapping full backs as they currently are?

We seen the result of Taylor ‘overlapping’ last year. Is it really worth the manager compromising his system and beliefs for? I’d say not, although you make plenty of valid points.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  11. Mr Cleansheets

Refusing to support the manager because that might look like supporting the board is the most addled thinking I've seen on here for a while. (And that's saying something...)

Ange is being screwed over. Everyone knows he's being screwed over but he's clearly invested and working hard for the team.

That's what you support - the man and his work. Withholding that support because it might seem like approval of the board will only damage Ange and therefore the team.

* the board.

12. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I agree there must be compromise and more room for pragmatism.

The point is more just that Taylor and Ralston playing in a different system wouldn’t necessarily mean better results, and it’s the players we have available that are the issue more than what Ange is trying to do.

13. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    This is one of the issues I have with having a protest before the game. Where I 10000% think there should be protests, the manager and the squad need to know it’s not aimed at them. I’m not sure if the GB plan on welcoming the team off the bus first before the protest or not. I fear it may have a detrimental effect to the players, there again it could be the kick up the * they need.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That’s a lot of assumptions based on nothing. If he can’t be flexible he’ll struggle, simple as that.

King of Kings likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    So the answer is no, then?

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Tough titty who else is he gonna get or afford more money needs spent on a striker when edouard goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    True any keeper from England better than the * we have just now if we had a different keeper that game we wouldn’t have lost simple as ....fact is this keeper will keep ange in a job

The big Viduka and Noskeil like this.
  18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Keep pushing that narrative because if they field that second side a few more times they will drop points first game against a hun * like martingale and first goal offside then livi camp themselves in * easiest game they * could have had

19. joemc

They are both counter to wot the manager requires or is looking for ,hungry 20 somethings who can be coached into his system not older injured and missing in action types , but as suggested maybe he realizes results first or the pressure will rise quickly, the other issue we have and will be noted by players is the amount of effort put into our attack and press compared to the danes and diets have produced nothing , its a lot of work for no result , i hope he gets a wee rub of the green nxt game .

20. G40B

If he’s being screwed over, why doesn’t he do something about it?

The board don’t care about him whining to some no mark from Glasgow Live. They are hidden away and won’t be held to account by anyone, as he and they both know.

If he threatened to walk, they’d soon panic as they then would be forced to answer questions.

As feared, he’s another patsy for the board - as shown by Kennedy & Strachan still being here and the state of the squad.

Free the Adblock likes this.