1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I've no problem with that. Although, I'm pretty certain any manager you'd point to as an example of this, would be on the basis of a sample size greater than, you know, 3 matches.

2. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    It took them 3 years though.

And they've built their foundations on being ultra defensive.

3. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Bravo. Nail on head. Some of the utter * you read on here about writing a guy off a few weeks in is mental.

The squad is really * bang average - it’s pretty clear to me the board know this season is a write off and it’s a rebuild process. Of course they will never say it out loud, but you’d have to be pretty * daft to expect us to be competing for the league this year.

The other lot are light years ahead currently - let’s see how things look in February / March and see if we are going in a positive direction then. Not on the first of august.

Don’t get me wrong - jury completely out for me with Ange, but the calibre of squad player he has inherited is * awful to be honest

King of Kings likes this.
  4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    My apologies then, I thought he was with him at Yokohama. My J-league knowledge is zero lol

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think we need some proven quality and id like to see us spend the money to bring some in. Ntcham was a buy that never worked out however you cant fault the theory behind it. He had the ability, just not the mentality.
    We need to be looking to make another such signing.

6. Maestro 08

Being organised defensively, hard to beat and drilled at set pieces isn't really a plan but more just doing the basics well. Maybe that's where we should start before we ask Greg Taylor to be a midfield maestro. Basically I'm not a fan, especially with the players we have right now.

King of Kings and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I completely understand you, but Postecoglou is a stubborn man, and it's impossible to talk him out of his ideas. Also, the board aren't backing his vision. At least he is grumpy enough to call them out. This is more helpful than one might imagine.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  8. Maestro 08

True and I'm happy to give him more than 3 matches, I don't know why you think I've said otherwise and I will continue to call him out if we lose games and I think he carries a portion of the blame.

9. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Out of interest, how long did it take Nakamura to adapt to the Scottish game? Even in the few minutes Kyogo was on last night, and despite literally just coming out of quarantine, it looked like the difference in physicality will take him a good bit of getting used to.

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I totally agree and have been saying for I don't know how many years Bitton should be nowhere near Celtic. But my point is at the moment Welsh is our best defender, being our best defender at the moment is hardly a great endorsement.. Welsh should be back up learning from experienced defenders. Welsh is not ready for first team action at Celtic 3 times a week...

11. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm surprised at how defeated he looks already, walking about with his head down, hands in pockets. The way he was described by people who knew him suggested he was a much more fiery character than we have seen so far.

12. RockhardBoss

POSTECOGLOU LOOKING TO ADD TO CELTIC SQUAD

Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou hopes to have reinforcements in this week.

Postecoglou knew the challenge ahead when he agreed to take charge in mid-June and just wants to speed up the solutions.

“It’s not like everything has just happened in the last week,” he said. “It was fairly evident at the end of last year that the club was going to go through a big change. A lot of players had left before I even got the job.

“When I was appointed I knew there was a lot of work to do and I actually saw that as an opportunity because I could bring in the players I want to play the kind of football I want.

“But we just haven’t been able to do that as quickly as I’d hoped we would. That’s no-one’s fault, everyone is trying hard to get the deals done, it’s just a difficult market at the moment.

“That’s just delaying the process of me being able to bed down the principles I want.

“I’m hopeful over the next week that we bring in at least another couple. We need players and we are working hard to get them in.”

From Sky Sports Transfer Centre

McKagan likes this.
  13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I know the Celtic job is probably the pinnacle of his career but I also think he is a man who takes no * and, up till now, he has been not been given the tools to do the job. I also believe that our fans are quite justifiably angry at what's going on and, although they know Ange isn't to blame for this * show, they will not afford the man enough time to turn things around, especially if the huns continue to dominate our league.

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He should not shy away from putting down blame on specific individuals.

15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He will be there a long time as there's a long list of individuals who are to blame for the mess we are in.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Midfield Maestro?

He steps into midfield and gives the ball to the creative players further up the field so your creative players aren’t having to drop back and do that themselves.

It’s not hard and it’s not rocket science.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Don’t delete some of my post to take something out of context.

We are in a rebuild. That includes how we are going to play. Unfortunately it takes time, it won’t take 3 years but it’s been a month.

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

If you don’t think they have a system which they do well then you’re just being bitter.

They work with the fullbacks bombing forward and midfielders covering, with wingers coming more central. Every player in that squad has a role and does it effectively. That’s where we need to be and that’s only going to happen by playing the system.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  19. Maestro 08

Well he certainly makes it look so and it leaves glaring gaps that will be exploited. The teams I've heard about doing it are Man City and Bayern under Pep. They have some of the best ball retainers in the business and will generally be less likely to give it away and get countered on we don't and never will. I suspect anyone we buy will be like a fish out water there as well. As I say I'm yet to be convinced but we'll see.

20. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    It’s very hard to argue with this BUT, players take time to adjust. Take a look at Goldson,Aribo,Kent,Tavenier,Barisic,Morelos etc, these players were absolutely * when they first came in.