1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

You do waffle utter * man. That post was an abomination mate.

Maestro 08 and bhoy81 like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Very noticeable in our first 3 game's that we've dominated, the last 15 or so the opposition has always came back in to it and looked like scoring/the fresher side..

Sgt Neppers* and King of Kings like this.
  3. Crilly

The board need chased for their incompetence but Ange needs to try some different tactics, we need to get back to winning ways and quick

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Agreed.

Haven’t seen enough of Kyogo to comment, but I didn’t get the feeling that was the right move either. We needed someone to grab hold of the game as they were on the ascendancy and don’t get the feeling that will be his game at all.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Everyone wants players in the door and for whatever reasons it’s not happening.

Ange is trying to change things I get that but we had enough quality last night to beat Hearts, Ange got things wrong last night.

It was clear as day in the first half his formation and tactics where not working, he should have made a change at half time and changed his tactics, but like you and others have said he won’t change.

Now making subs as late as he did cost us again, it cost us midweek as well, and he should have had fresh legs on.

Yea he needs new players but last night was in him for me, he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights arms crossed like Lennon.

I honestly hope he gets players through the door but we should have enough quality within the side to finish second regardless.

I know it’s going to take time to make progressive change but he needs to adapt cause it’s was highlighted last night his way of football struggles with a team who have 10 men behind the ball.

6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Gut feeling , Ange wont make it here but not entirely his fault ! THE BOARD to a man and woman have fukked us all over ... again !

7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yeah I agree 100%.

It’s all we’ll and good having a philosophy you want to implement, but if you don’t have the players to do so, and don’t accommodate that fact by adjusting tactically, you’ll never last long enough here to actually implement what you want.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  8. Maestro 08

The most worrying thing coming from some on here is that Postecoglou is blameless. He has the players at his disposal and resources that every manager in the league would dream of, he fell short last night due to his tactics and his team selection. Hearts a glorified championship side operating with a bunch of diddies like halliday comfortably soaked up our 'pressure' and put us to the sword. Everyone could see it coming, yet it still happened. As it stands there's been zero improvement since Lennon in fact there an argument to say we are looking worse.

bhoy81 likes this.
  9. Mr Cleansheets

That is a worry.

Ange is notorious for working his team hard in pre and early season to make them fitter than the rest, but I wonder if that's wearied them and holding them back at this point?

If he does get 3 - 4 first team quality players this window, I'll bet my house (with a lovely ocean view) on him flying home with a wet sale. But if he doesn't, then that probably means the board are too busy calculating their bonuses to get him the players he needs.

If that happens, he'll be lucky to see season two. If he gets to the end of season two, then I'll bet both my house and my left knacker on him becoming one of teh great Celtic managers.

Ozzie Hoop and McChiellini.. like this.
  10. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Surely we are not judging the manager before the seasons even started :56:

11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The season is 3 games underway mate.

We’ve drawn one of those and lost two.

M 67, Free the Adblock and Maestro 08 like this.
  12. Maestro 08

You been on the night shift? We played a * hearts last night and lost with a whimper. Season has well and truly started.

thailandceltic likes this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Furuhashi will come good mate, I've no doubt but was a big ask yesterday for 10 minute's..

14. donnegal celt

Have to agree with u on this. He has our full backs playing like midfielders and teams are going cut us open on counter.
    Can’t see him been here after this year.
    He looks one trick pony and doesn’t change his style to suit players he has at club now.
    Looks another delia sort manager who doesn’t understand British game.

15. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Anybody on here who thinks we have the slightest chance of winning the league is delusional. We will be lucky to be in the top 3

Yoshi likes this.
  16. Mr Cleansheets

I never said he won't change. I'm on record as saying he did change - once.

My concern is whether the board are setting him up as a human shield between them and the fans. The fans need to recognise that tactic for what it is and reject it. He's the only man of talent and character to come into the club since Rogers.

He will get it right eventually but FFS, direct your anger where it truly belongs.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Everyone acknowledges the boards failings, but Ange isn’t (and certainly shouldn’t be) immune from criticism simply because he’s a likeable, straight talking bloke.

He needs to start winning games or he won’t last, basically. I’m sure he gets that as well. He’s been dealt a * hand, everyone knows it, but the expectations here are still that we should see fairly rapid improvement.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Jesus Christ..

19. murphy88

He is blameless. He shouldn’t be in the job to begin with. It’s not his fault the board chased our top target. That’s what the main issue is here. It’s worrying that so many people are now turning on Postecoglou. Which is exactly what the board want. A scapegoat to take the heat away from themselves.

James Mc and Mr Cleansheets like this.
  20. john2061

He has three money transfers in the club and a major rebuild you can't judge a manager on that .
    The board need to get signings in before the transfer window closes and still say at a minimum got to bring in nine players before we can judge Ang until then we need to back the manager .