1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Hart

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by moravcik1888, May 10, 2018.

Discuss Joe Hart in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gurru 991

All new low when you justify a move based on what sevco did.

ticketyboo0 likes this.
  2. Buster

I would take Miranda Hart over Barkas and Bain

3. Dubliner1

Ur reading it the wrong way. 34 yr old is Hart. They win a league with a veteran. I was responding to someone saying we lack ambition. All I want is for us to win the title back this season

4. Maestro 08

Thought AP wanted his keepers out their box spraying passes about. I might be wrong but Joe Hart never struck me as that type of keeper. This smacks of desperation tbh.

Gurru 991 likes this.
  5. Maestro 08

Was confirmed by the manager. Said Barkas was more of the quiet type :help:

6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Total panic buy.

But let's be honest. The panic button should have been pushed two * months ago.

I'll take him over the dross we have now in a blink.

Bark-* and Bane have the combined quality of a geriatric quadrapalegic.

Hart brings with him a wealth of club and international experience, a vocal presence to organise the back line, a senior figure in the dressing room, and above all, a keeper who can * attack crosses.

Sign him up.

Lennon1888 and martin_d like this.
  7. Gurru 991

My apologies .. I got it wrong !!
    I just feel there are better keepers available that are good with the ball at their feet. Hart really doesn't fit Ange's style.

8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

So was Wanyama at one point

9. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

I think he needs a keeper who can make saves first and foremost.

Buster, Dubliner1 and Maestro 08 like this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Its a cheap option. Afterall we went for the expensive option and got the worst keeper in history :56: I'm all in. Mon big Joe come home get that head n shoulders advert on!

Crilly likes this.
  11. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Paint it whatever way you guys like to make yourselves feel better. This is a desperation signing.

The Phoenix and King of Kings like this.
  12. StevieBhoooy!

Just depressing that it’s come to this…

…. and they want serous money for a 3/4th choicer in final year of contract. These clubs must see us coming and laugh.

Can’t help feeling this will be yet a other disastrous panic loan deal.

13. mayo

Just because he’s less * then what we have atm doesn’t make it an acceptable signing

G_portillo likes this.
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Considering we are out the champions league were not going to have teams high up pressing the keeper like mad like the EPL and city. So no issue. However a keeper that saves a shot. Mind one of those? Thatll do.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

There's a keeper for sale for £5m called barkas. Had a cracking game against us. Thatll sort the issues, * Joe heart the fans will think that's a cheap option.

Foresight.

16. oh bhoy

i aint seen hart in action for years dont know what to make of it.desperate panic buy ?! aye probably we are in a desperate position though

Lennon1888 likes this.
  17. Crilly

Apparently Spurs offering him for 1 million. Bite their hands off for it, we paid 5 mil for barkas and he’s poison. Joe hart is much better in goal and a fifth the price, depending on his wages it’s a no brainier for me. He hasn’t been as good the last couple seasons but think people are over-reacting a bit. He could revive his career here similar to how Sinclair did when he couldn’t get into a champions league villa side. Whatever way you look at it it’s a cheap upgrade to our current keepers so why not

honda and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  18. john2061

Theres good goalkeepers out there if you look and what's our head of recruitment doing oh wait ...... we don't have * one maybe that's the problem when we are going for has beens like Hart .
    We talked for months about a DOF or head of recruitment where is he or the board don't want to pay a * wage for one .

19. RiquelmeCSC

Panic buy? Possibly but right now it is panic stations and as Ange already said, we aren’t in a position to wait for players to isolate.
    Personably if we get him I’ll wait and comment based on his performances, cause really it can only go two ways, he is either complete * or ends up being a good bit of business. Either way right now I’d take him over the guff we already have.

20. Rossmc

If we get Hart i think he’ll be a good stop gap for this season. I dont think we intended to buy a keeper this window buy ange clearly see’s this as a priority now.

A lot of this deal makes sense - adds experience within the squad, no need for isolation & cut price deal for an international level keeper. It feels a very similar situation to Craig Gordon when we signed him. He hadn’t had a lot of game time due to injuries but clearly had the ability.

I don’t think hes the answer long term but given the situation we’re in just now i dont think we have many choices.

Send Barkas out on loan or back to AEK for a cut price, i just can’t see things working out for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.