1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dominic McKay

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jan 29, 2021.

Discuss Dominic McKay in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

This. * all will change, not until we hunt all the charlatans running our club. Don't listen to a word Dom says.

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I think those notions were quickly dispelled when he turned up to his first day of work at Celtic in his blue car, wearing his blue suit and brown brogues.

He just a tory unionist * that doesn't have a clue about Celtic, like the rest of them.

[​IMG]

JamesM09 likes this.
  3. JamesM09

Exactly.

I just don't understand why people don't question who is in charge of Celtic.

Why did we not got out and try and poach a CEO that's transformed some other club somewhere? I mean I don't follow European football the way I used to, but I bet plenty on here could tell you some clubs that have went through outstanding modernisations and are now success stories.

Wasn't Lawwell one of the best paid football CEOs in the UK, despite doing an awful job? Couldn't we use that money to get in an experienced CEO? Why the * did we hire someone that has no experience doing the job we need?

These seem like such reasonable points to me. I don't understand why Celtic supporters just accept things like they're inevitable. You'd think McKay was ordained by * the way it's just accepted that he's in charge now.

As a support we treat Celtic like the weather. We enjoy it when it's good, get angry at it when it's bad but the consistent thing is we accept there's nothing we can do about it. I'm sorry but I just don't understand that at all.

Why does barely anyone else seriously raise these questions despite literally funding the club?

4. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    rugby joke , need to be in your 40,s to know who Gavin Hastings was , Scotland Rugby Captain .

5. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I've always said that all the positive things that the Lawwell took credit for were actually created by the fans, some of whom Lawwell actually spent a good part of his time in charge trying to ban from Celtic.

The atmosphere at Celtic Park, the money that gets poured into the club. I've always believed that the fans and that atmosphere are largely responsible for the results we've had on the park, and I think last season proved it.

For * like Lawwell, Bankier, Desmond, etc, being in charge at Celtic is just a badge that they wear to make themselves feel important. None of them ever had to do a single bit of work while the fans were there putting all the effort into making Celtic the great successful club that we've enjoyed over the last 20 years.

After the fans got shut out of games all that was left was those idiots sitting with their hands in their pockets waiting for the trophies and money to come rolling in. They don't know the first thing about running a football club. They believed that Celtic's success was down to them just being there, putting their name at the bottom of company headed emails.

Dominic McKay seems like he's just going to be another one of these morons. He's got all the jargon to make himself sound important, but without a single ounce of knowledge about how to back it all up. If he's any sense then he'll have spent most of his time at the club so far on the phone to the government, begging them to let the fans in so we can go back and sort this mess.

Because once all the fans are back inside, all making noise and waving banners and going off wur nut, then the team on the pitch will have to answer directly to the people who care most about Celtic. And that's what drives this club forward. Not some old bean counter in a blue blazer.

6. JamesM09

Well said.

I think a big part of the problem is the people running Celtic think they're geniuses.

I don't know about you, but after 4 failed qualification campaigns, 15 years without knocking a team out and having fielded that lineup last night, I would be seriously questioning if I am doing a good job.

I think a lot of it comes from being "Celtic". They'll compare themselves to Hibs and Aberdeen a lot and that's why they think they're so brilliant. In reality, they should be comparing themselves to similarly sized clubs or competitors in Eastern Europe, but their ego has so well protected itself that when they feel bad they just go back to looking at Hearts and thinking they're brilliant again.

To lose in such a consistent way, so early on, to smaller clubs is a scandal. I would've resigned long ago if I was them and it's the great shame of the Celtic support that we don't actually do much about it.

Sadly, we're easily distracted. A 3-0 win on Saturday night will make this a distant memory.

craigtheceltic and Avatar Daizen like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What's the odds we get the link's ramped up today and tomorrow from these arseholes..

Be so predictable..

Wee charm offensive..

8. limezer

Would like to have seen more action from him by now, he’s only been the job officially for a few weeks but he was shadowing for a couple of months before that, it’s not as if fine tuning was needed. League starts soon feel as if this guys procrastinating now.

9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I’m not prepared to hang Dom out to dry, but the type of CEO I would’ve loved to have seen us pursue, was ironically part of the midtjylland setup a few years ago and is currently with Brentford.

The video is definitely worth a watch.

CountyDownFaithful and JamesM09 like this.
  10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Seen that before.

Good looking and Scandinavian...sadly not our type.

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The gulf between rugby and football is far and wide.

12. jambo_cfc

Really dont like him already

Peej likes this.
  13. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Jury still out on him, to be fair to him he has to play with the same ball as Ange. This is the Lawwell legacy of last season letting so many players run down to 1yr on their contract and having so many loan players. Time is running out for him though, we need signings and very quickly

14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Out of his depth working in the wrong sport for the first time for useless *.. what could go wrong..

15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    :56:

Absolutely ridiculous post. I bet you’re one who ridiculed the huns for banning green boots, but now you’re seriously suggesting a Celtic fan can’t wear a blue suit and brown brogues? Jesus wept.

For the record, Dominic McKay is a Celtic fan (and seemingly a big one at that), that’s entirely undeniable. Whether he’s the right man for the job however is debatable and remains to be seen.

Tim-Time 1888 and Colin Robinson like this.
  16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely disgusting that his suit isn't green. Atleast his tie n socks ffs. Sack him :fear:

McGrory1888 likes this.
  17. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Can’t believe a strip search wasn’t carried out to make sure he had his lucky clover boxers on. Personally I’d like our CEO’s focus to be on getting transfers over the line, but I appreciate that seemingly it’s more important to some that he focuses his time on his wardrobe choices.

honda likes this.
  18. CountyDownFaithful

People will say it’s too early to judge but he looks like another front man for the board.

All this talk about world class, modernisation, learning from other clubs is just waffle.

He doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt - we’ve done that before and where did it get us.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Obvcourse he’s a front man that would have played a huge part in the recruitment process the same reason Lennon was given the managers gig after BR.

20. CountyDownFaithful

Nothing will change while Desmond is the owner

MickeyyMack likes this.