1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ashk1985

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Athenry
    What, seriously? After all this, more people than ever were willing to spend money on season tickets? What the actual, man? :38:

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  2. jambo_cfc

The baord having all there hopes pinned on howe * it ! Majority of howes signings would have been from england and therefore would have been no quarantine period! Board sitting back thinking they always get what they want has * us ! Ange needs another 4 or 5 in before the window closes then in January maybe another 2 or 3 depending on were we are at. By this window i expect the following, dont think lb will be looked at until january , gk i believe wouldnt have been a priority until this week

……………………new gk……………………..
    Newrb……starfelt…..newcb…..taylor
    ………………………new cdm………………..
    …………...turnbull….mcgregor…………
    Abada…………………………………..kyogo
    …………………new striker………………….

subs
    Forrest
    Boli
    Ajeti
    Griff
    Soro
    Ralston
    Ugohide
    Shaw

3. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Nah still here. We had our own heartbreak last night getting dumped out of the Olympics by a * woeful tactical display from our manager. Still dealing with that tbh.
    And I have a Whiskey hangover.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Unfortunately it's going to take more than a season to rebuild this shambles.

cfcturbo likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yet again he has to call out the incompetence of our recruitment..

Wanting us to get guy's in straight away, or "yesterday"
    Hesitating on deals
    Now again, he's having to reinforce the need for signings and telling us that they're failing us

We've lost our captain
    Numerous player's
    Loads off the wages
    Fee's in
    The biggest rebuild in our history

Yet they're hesitating and * him about with player's he wants in. It's farcical..

They completely * the 10. The worst season in my lifetime that would drive anyone to depression, then let it rumble on for so long that it was torture, during lockdowns and a pandemic. Then over 100 day's messing about with a manager to come in, that failed miserably. Yet still, still, they * about and don't give a single *..

They make me sick. They've done nothing to make up for the disaster of they're own doing..

Sickening..

Moustache, JML67, green-yin and 8 others like this.
  6. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    The damage has been done over the past year. Lennon has the two clowns in the dugout have reduced the players to unfit, low confidence, shitebags. Meanwhile the board have not seen any foresight to rectify the fact our squad needs proper investment. They knew from January that 3 of our back 4 were loans and ajer would most likely be off in the summer. So a whole new defence is required. Yet we go into a CL qualifier relying on youngsters and bitton (again).

The commencement of protests and banners of “sack the board” must now begin as it is complete and utter contemptible and negligence of the highest order. Almost as bad as the Kelly’s.

I sit in the main stand and cannot wait to vent my frustration in their direction when I eventually get back in.

If I was this poor at my job, I doubt I’d still be in it.

Totally inept.

Get them tae *.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muaythai postie likes this.
  7. JamesM09

Fitness is starting to concern me to be honest.

I would’ve thought by now it would be almost there but ever player looked * last night by the time they scored.

Dublin Celt and Artorias like this.
  8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

International boys are back about a week? Takes longer that even 4 weeks to get properly fit for the intensity we want now.

9. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    They really looked shattered.

JamesM09 likes this.
  10. JamesM09

I think after 4 weeks we should be in a much better position fitness wise. Ange called it out too, by the way, so it’s not just me saying it.

I appreciate it takes time but we go through this every year and this is the worst it’s been. I’m fairly sure (though can’t confirm) our fitness coach left too and hasn’t been replaced, which would obviously be the explanation.

11. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    We need the two already signed and another two to even be close to having a decent starting 11. We have a centre back and a striker coming in, we need a goalkeeper and a right back in urgently

12. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Injuries happen though, so if 2 players go down we're back at square one.

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Most of our players are coming off two years of playing at walking pace and camped in under Lennon. The way he wants to play requires fitness and mobility. The fitness will come.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

NomDePlum likes this.
  14. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    It started long before last year.

Lennon should never have got the job in the first place.

That someone who had just been dumped by Hibs had been given the biggest job in Scottish football told you all about the direction we were heading in.

Within months that lowering of standards was evident. We had a list of transfer targets left lying in a bin in Lennoxtown that was photographed and shared online.

That sort of thing just doesn't happen at an elite-level business.

Tells you exactly what the environment behind the scenes was like. Half-arsed, unprofessional, lazy, incompetent.

15. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Aye it will be along any minute now, part of Angeball.

16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ye and when large portions of the support saw the writing on the wall after the second game of the season at Kilmarnock or when we got absolutely played off the park v sevco we were disregarded and laughed off as * the bed

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

The Phoenix likes this.
  17. limezer

Was nearly an impossible ask for Ange last night and he nearly got us through with a makeshift team, in particular the defence if he can get the players he needs I think he will do a good job. We still need 2Rb, 2 Cb, Lb, Gk, Lw
    2st or 1 if eddy stays.
    I’ll judge him after we have close to most of these signings.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That bench :42:

Xatraps likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Blame our old pal Mr lennon for that.

Postecoglu won't sort 2 years of * training and methods in 4 weeks. I'm afraid.

20. JamesM09

Appreciate it will come eventually mate, but that's just not good enough. The League starts on Saturday, this team should be the fittest team in Scotland by a considerable distance and it just isn't. Eventually isn't good enough and never has been.

There's a lack of excellence at this club. Everything is slow, ponderous and "meh, good enough". Inadequate men are running the club with the arrogance of winners.

Ange is trying to change that but absolutely no one else at the club is on board.

Agreed mate, but he won't sort it out ever without the right coaches to assist him, so I blame the CEO. It's just another case of "Blame the old regime, we'll sort it sometime in the future" .. meanwhile we'll get knocked out of more tournaments, drop more points and continue to be embarrassed.

Just to me mega-clear, I blame Postecoglou for absolutely nothing at this point. The man needs help, as he's repeatedly suggested.

Dublin Celt likes this.