1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Lion's share of the blame lies elsewhere.

The only blame I would apportion to Ange for tonight would be his decision to offer new contracts to Ralston and Griff, he had to be stronger in those moments and tell the board to get a move on with signings.

Resigning the ticking time-bomb that is Griff backfired within hours and we were then left with the choice of a player who couldn't give less of a * and an under-performing Ajeti who doesn't suit the team as it stands.

This result will pile the pressure on both Ange and McKay now, the worst of starts they could have had but they both knew that when they had sight of these qualifiers coming up.

bhoy81 and James like this.
  2. Lavender Gooms

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    No sure how easy that would be with an actual defence but. We're playing with essentially our academy players in there, plus a rank rotten hun.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

3. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This is not on him its the board 100% but i just hope when he gets the players he wants in this slow tippy tappy passing around the defence gets a lot faster and slicker that was awful to watch tonight

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  4. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    Board a shower of horrible cu*** we will be lucky to even get into the Europa league... that is no joke, embarassing its been allowed to come to this, and this is in no way Ange's fault a team of our size should never be going into games this important that unprepared its f*** criminal

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  5. Bonobhoy

Never wanted the guy here as it was just a panic buy after howe.

The thing is,i feel sorry for this guy already and he will be thrown under the bus for all this.

When he was announced we all had to get behind him and hopefully proove some doubters wrong...Unfortunately he has one of the worst squads to ever have played for Celtic....The guy will really struggle with this.

Again Shame on the board for placing a late manager into this mess,even the best of managers out there will struggle with this.

James Mc and bhoy81 like this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Ralston’s got extended before he was here did it not?

7. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

he’s been here 4 weeks, how the * do you know what say he has had on any signing ?

8. Dubliner1

The fans need to get behind Ange for now. I think he will be good for us. The board have LET US ALL DOWN

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Naw, June 20th.

10 days after Ange was announced.

NomDePlum and Liam Scales like this.
  10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Wouldn’t blame him if he turned around and told the board to stick the managers job up their arses.

11. Sgt Neppers*

We're now closer to Hibs and Aberdeen than those hun *. The decline in the squad is total neglect. Lennon, Lawell, Banker and DD are all culpable. There'll be further downsizing to come. The sale of Eddy will offset the loss of CL....as per usual. What a complete * show. Teams will be desperate to get at us.

I'm lost for words....

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He'll be gone before the end of Love Island.

Lecs and Noskeil like this.
  13. Lecs

Can see Ange getting binned by October.

I really like the big guy, think he talks so well and he seems like an exciting coach who wants to play attractive football.

The cynical West of Scotland mentality in me says that you get papped out of Europe, a bad doing by the huns, and four or five poor results domestically and you're *.

Unless your Neil Francis Lennon, or another Celtic man which buys you a lot more time, but a guy with no affinity to Celtic will get binned before * buy pumpkins for Halloween.

Feel sorry for this guy, he'll not have experience anything * like it. The board have hung him out to dry.

14. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I attach no blame to him at all for tonight.

I have reservations about him, in that even when we get in new full backs, and have a first choice CB pairing and a new GK, I still think we're going to be a team that concedes lots of soft goals. That worries me.

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Said it in the match thread..

We have probably 7 players at most at the club that are worthy or good enough or want to be considered first team players for Celtic..

We have a board unwilling to do their job or even show any * interest in this club.. he's up * creek without a paddle..

Again none of this is on the manager but one thing I will say, trying to play football from the back with these players is utter madness..

Unless he gets the players suited or good enough for his system he's going to been gone fairly quick.. he won't get them from this board so I already fear for him

Lads and lassies.. we are up * creek

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Some mental comments.

This was my worry, man. One result and * are at it already.

Look at what he had out on that park tonight. Defence in particular. Senior players who clearly don't want to be there.

He needs TIME. I know, CRAZY idea. I can see what he wants to do but he won't do it unless he's backed.

Its * infuriating man I feel so sorry for him. This board will end us.

But according to some its not upto them to "throw money" at the club?? Bollocks. * absolute grade-A Bullshit.

17. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Out of interest, who would you say the seven are?

After McGregor and Forrest, I start to struggle. Christie, Turnbull and Soro as part of a squad possibly. Abada too early to judge. Murray in a development squad, sure. Genuinely a struggle to find seven.

18. Martybhoy53

Beginning to sound like a yes man. He has reigned in his criticism. He should be calling out the * on the board.

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    * laughed when people posted that we needed 6 first team players and maybe 3/4 others to fill the squad out.

Feel * sick to my stomach again! We are miles behind the zombies, they will win the league at a canter this season if Ange is not backed and we don’t sign at least another 8/10 players. Another 5 first team players need to come in.

Lewis Kerr and seanm like this.
  20. Bonobhoy

TBF a majority of people are behind him..they just know hes utterly * because of the board.

He needs time yes....but i can actually see him telling them to get to * and he leaves us.

We are so * man,that bad i even fear teams like Hearts and Dundee in 2 weeks time with this squad.

seanm likes this.
  21. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    His game management today was *. Aye we did not have a strong bench but he subbed abada off who was playing well, yet again and the did nothing tactically while we got *. We were never in the game from the moment Forrest missed that chance to put us 2 up.

Across both games we should have scored about 9 and the only goal that was an actual decent of theirs was the game winning goal.

I'm. Not saying sack him now, but he's got his * work cut out from now, he had an uphill battle before that match and now it's a mountain

bhoy81 likes this.