1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aurelio Buta.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Jul 17, 2021.

Discuss Aurelio Buta. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    How much are we likely to Recoup for Eddy in all honesty though considering we spent £9m on him.

the offers I’ve seen to date are sitting just north of £20m so when you take away the initial £9m that was spent and give PSG there slice of the pie how much will be net Profit. Perhaps this is why the board are playing it out the now as it doesn’t just seem to be Brighton who are interested although they have bid.

2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Never in Doubt

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Where’d you get that pish from breaking the J League and Rubin transfer records?

4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    If we had invested appropriately in the past, we wouldnt have to take corrective action and have to spend so much.

Our lack of transfer strategy and planning has cost us more than we have spent over the years.

The Phoenix likes this.
  5. Foley1888

It does seem like the more credible sources are saying the reports they have placed a bid are nonsense.

The one thing that does make me think they are looking for at least £20m is the Leicester situation where they bought Daka instead for £23m+ add ons and talked about not being able to get a deal done with us which makes me think they must have been prepared to pay in that ball park for Edouard.

On the full issue of profit on £9m the point on that will be that almost all that will be written off now as he has a year left on his deal so only £2.25m will be on our books. So from accounting purposes if he goes for €25m (£21m) before sell ons or anything it will look like an accounting profit of £18.75m.

Also this PSG % I don’t doubt they have one but am not convinced it’s 40 or 50% of profit it seems to be one of those things the rags reported and all the online channels took it as gospel. We negotiated a buy option in Edouard’s loan which was reported as soon as we signed him, so I highly doubt before he kicked a ball with us our buy option was £9m + 40 or 50% of a future sale. Even if we did at worst we still pocket approximately £15m-£16.2m in the scenario above.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    So about £17.5m to play with so far. If we can get £20m for Eddy and £4m for Christie and then get Ntcham off the wage bill, we can surely make a decent few signings still.

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Feel like we should offer Christie a new contract the way he's playing and I hated him :56:

8. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    What the reports from down south reporting the Edouard bid has been rubbished? I wasn’t quoting our media when I stated that I was going with what I seen reported from sources down south. Just not seen anything since tbh stating it was nonsense. Last one I read can’t name the paper from the top of my head due to it being one from down south stated a bid of just north of 20m had been put in think it was £21.5m or thereabouts. The same report stated Crystal Palace had been monitoring the situation so I was obviously hoping for the domino effect to happen ie bidding war as Other clubs had been rumoured to have an interest in him to add to those 2.
    As for the sell on fee I’ve not got a clue how much it’s worth heard all different amounts but genuinely don’t know majority of folk are saying the same as you though between the 40-50% mark and I find that hard to believe. I just can’t see our board sitting round negotiating walking away tied down to that sort of sell on fee especially after investing £9m. It’s hard enough for our board to spend as it is let alone be tied like that I find it hard to believe , although that’s just my opinion. If it is the case then considering everything then you’ve got to be happy with £15m profit giving his contract situation.

9. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Whatever he sells for. The actual profit figure for him is irrelevant for him as its previous years. If we get 17mil after all the stuff that's 17 mill cash to tha balance sheet, (however it breaks down in terms of is it all cash or is some payment is Deffered that's different)

It's all funds that could be used to reinvest (wouldn't get all of it with our board though)

MickeyyMack likes this.
  10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye I would say we have taken £17.5m in and spent a reported £12m. Eddie mind a % is owed to PSG over the £9m if it is as high as 40% I would be astounded. You will be lucky to pick £1m up for Christie now Ange confirmed his deal is up at end December clubs will just wait. Might get a £1m or £2m for ntcham if lucky but you will have had a budget to start with but we need a new goalie, 2 right backs, 2 left backs and 2 centre backs.

I also think barkas, bolingoli and ajeti will leave this window

eddiemcd1888 and MickeyyMack like this.
  11. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Got the j league one wrong, but it’s vissel Kobe’s record sale.

And leonid slutsky, Kazan coach, came out and said it, sure it was in the papers.

12. Foley1888

It was Kieran Devlin from the Athletic that features on the cynic. He reported two days ago he had been informed by a local journalist who covers Brighton and is known to have contacts there, a bit like McGowan from the Daily Mail does with Celtic, said it was nonsense the Eddy bid. Not seen any denial of the Palace interest.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I don’t think he is wrong about Kazan seemingly it’s highest fee they have received for a player
    And most Japanese players come to Europe are on freedom of contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Rondon moved for £15m to Zenit. So there’s something wrong there instantly.

15. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Aye I’ve heard of him in the past mate normally always accurate :50:

16. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Rondon moved from Zenit to Rubin Kazan. Might be there record transfer fee they’ve paid? I dunno.

But this is the record fee they have received for a player.

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It was Kazan to Zenit mate.

18. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yeah you're right, don't know what is going on there... most likely been a mis-translation somewhere.

It was being quoted Leonid Slutksy (Kazan manager) said, “I’m glad this is happening. When the transfer takes place officially, it will be the club’s record transfer.”

Looks like Rondon moved for something like £15 million. He's definitely not our record fee and clearly not Kazan's, so that's a weird one.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Would have been down to the translation no doubt mate

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Will be record fee for defender I think he meant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk