1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I can believe that, he was/is 33 thats not in the Celtic model to sign players like that.

He's also quite anti Palestinian so may have been a bit of a cultural fot issue with fans (not that that would phase the board)

2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I always thought the big Dundee Utd GK looked good. He wouldn't cost a fortune or need to isolate etc. and is a more commanding figure than nae hauns Barkas and more reliable the Bain

martin_d likes this.
  3. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sure I saw somewhere Utd are looking to cash in on him. Might have been in the Doohan thread.

martin_d and Wee Baldy like this.
  4. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I rate him as well! Think he’d actually be a good signing.

I’ve also liked Matt Macey at hibs (signed from Arsenal) every time I’ve seen him, but not seen him enough to have an opinion if he’d be good enough for us.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  5. Foley1888

Not a position we need as desperately as others but Ladislav Krejci is a cracking prospect at CDM and can also play CB a bit like Wanyama did more so than how Bitton does (he’s comfortable in either position). A big unit at over 6 foot but quick across the ground. Good in the air and tidy on the ball, chips in with goals too. Likely to get better and generate a big sell on in the future.

Another versatile option would be Filip Dagerstal currently playing in Russia with Khimiki. He has been capped by Sweden is 6ft 2, tidy on the ball and has a great jump on him. He was a CB at Norrkoping before his move to Russia in January but has been playing DM for them. He has attributes like Ajer where he is comfortable breaking out of defensive situations and linking with midfield and attack.

Left back for Dudu Dahan to help us out with Montari Kamaheni, 21 year old Ghanaian playing in Israel for Ashdod, comfortable on the ball and very quick and a pretty good cross on him. Has been capped at youth level, you would imagine a deal could be done for less than £2m.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Both Paolo Gazzaniga and Salvatore Sirigu are available on free transfers. Two streets ahead of what we have just now.

Particularly Sirigu.

7. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Problem is, both will command very large salaries. I'd be happy with eothe rid them though but don't see it as realistic

Liam Scales likes this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Sirigu is fresh from Torino.

Honestly, keeper and a star striker is something I’d burst the bank for. £40k a week no problem.

Hammy89, martin_d and Can'tbehooped like this.
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The celtic model needs a switch up on the odd occasion if we would want to turn down players of his quality.

If we get through and come up against him I'm sure he will show that.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Would go all out for Sirigu.

Liam Scales and martin_d like this.
  11. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Think we should be using this next week to target realistic but decent quality deals from England and Scotland, so that they can be in the door and ready to go without the day 10 quarantine.
    We should aim for 3 or so relatively cheap buys to fill problem positions for the start of the league season.
    We can then go and spend more time and money in getting in an Edouard replacement, a second right-back, and possibly another CB (if we need one) further on in the window.

GK: Marshall - 1 year to go on his deal at Derby. His experience and composure could go a long way this season. Should surely cost no more than £1-2m.
    It might seem like a sticking plaster solution, but it would allow us to fill a few other positions longer term for now. Can always look at it again next year and get a more permanent solution.

RB: Make good on the Baldock link - bite the bullet and get him in; in any case, you’d think £5m would the most it’d take. Again, 1 year left on his contract. Not young at 28, but should do the job for at least 2-3 years.
    Can then go for a younger backup RB later in the window.

LB: Doig seems an obvious choice, but if we wanted someone more under the radar, with a bit more experience, and who might actually be cheaper, then Baba Rahman might be a good shout.
    Pacey, with a lot of good international experience, including at major tournaments. Despite that, he’s totally out of the picture at Chelsea. As with the majority of the others on this list, he only has a year to go on his deal.

ST: Don’t see Edouard going before the Hearts game, but if he does, some of the money could maybe be used for Divock Origi, who again, has just one year left.
    Otherwise, I’d hold off until after we do sell him, and try to get the defence sorted first.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  12. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I don't disagree that our model needs to change, I was not advocating for it, just reasoning as to why we did not go for him

13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Divock Origi and Baba Rahman :56:

14. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think we should sign Fredrik Andre Bjorkaan from Bodo/Glimt, he looks the exact type of player Ange would want. Comfortable dribbling, gets down the wing and cuts inside. Involved in the build up of chances, creates chances and is a high pressing defender. He can read the game well, so makes interceptions and quickly starts attacks.

I don't know how much he'd cost, but Hauge went to Milan for £4/5 million and is an attacker, I can't see him being more than £2/3 million.

Would also suggest Mohammed Mounir of LAFC, looks like he'd be another player that'd suit Ange's style.

If he went back to the J League, Ken Matsubara and Ryo Takano from his old club look good and obviously suit his style. Possibly Reo Hatate (plays cm as well, but left back a lot this season) of Kawasaki Frontale as well.

My first choice would be Fredrik Andre Bjorkaan though I doubt we'll sign any of these players.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I've suggested him before, but i like Evander at Midgetland.

Good delivery on him, good technique etc. Think he'd do well here and we need another playmaker type.

Liam Scales and Hammy89 like this.
  16. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hadn’t seen that, but he definitely looks like he’d be the ideal left back for us.

I liked the look of Evander and I actually liked the look Paulinho as well.

17. Foley1888

I doubt Bjorkan would cost that much as I am sure his deal is up at the end of December. He would be a good signing and as you say fit well with our team for a modest fee. Gabriel Gudmondsson at Groningen is similar only quicker and slightly taller, again in last year of his deal. Sign Buta for right and one of those two would be a big upgrade.

martin_d likes this.
  18. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Nae need. They’re both majorly out of the picture at their clubs. Why not show a bit of ambition?

19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I know nothing about him but he isn't Greg Taylor so I'm all on board.

Twisty and martin_d like this.
  20. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The bar is low!

Controversially, I actually think Taylor might be able to adapt to this position and do well. I think he’ll get better as the team gets stronger, I.e Starfelt playing, Jullien coming back a new right back and hopefully a new keeper.

I don’t think he’ll be a standout but I think he’ll do well as he gets used to the system, he works his * off and he’s actually decent.

Liam Scales and martin_d like this.