1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v West Ham Friendly Sat 24 July 3pm KO.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lion1961, Jul 21, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v West Ham Friendly Sat 24 July 3pm KO. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Well, I never saw it as I decided to drink scoops of Guinness in a pub (where I could walk in without a mask, order from a bar and actually sit down and talk to strangers - amazing * peeps - this is the NWO - you should try it sometime lol)

Anyhoo, I do remember a few seasons ago the blue mob getting rather good results pre season and then losing big time after - so, it actually means nothing.

(What's that? - You still love me Staropramen - well - I still love you too baby)
    Thud.
    Zzzz

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

* sake. Back to being worried again. I enjoyed that optimistic me for a while. I don't know for once. Dont * know. Well I do. Its called an entire back line. If this manager manages to make us a team he deserves his olympic digery * doo medal for sorting this utter disaster out.

We should be unprecedented and play the ladies teams back line. Itd fair better.

3. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    It was a friendly. But even still, it wasn't a good look at all. Bad mistakes or choices in at least 4 of the goals.

Antonio went to town on our defence, granted neither of Welsh or Murray would be featuring regularly if the club functioned properly in terms of recruitment and general football operations.

We knew the issues that Ange faces. And he cannot build or get the team playing the way he chooses with the players available. The legacy of repeated failure in the transfer market and in particular, the obsession with temporary solutions to long term problems.

I remember a discussion amongst some friends from many years ago, when we were drawn against Arsenal in the Champs League Qualifiers( Strachan era, that Edouardo diving for a penalty in the 2nd leg). The game at Celtic Park that Alex Song was ragging folk all game. Swatting away challenges, like flies. Physically dominant. Seen some similarities within today's game. Armstrong Oko-Flex looked a different human being, as opposed to the individual who was flung in at the deep end 6 months ago.

Ange made a couple of comments post-match and to an extent challenging the players, who he claimed wilted under the pressure or when asked to respond. He also again reinforced the need for more business to be concluded and the squad is insufficient for the season ahead. I still have hopes for Wednesday night, but far from convinced about our capabilities to realise them. And even then, PSV tore Galatasary apart. And will do the same to us, if we qualify.

One final point. Teams now have a decent amount of footage on how we are going to play, in terms of the inverted full backs rotation with the McGregor and Turnbull dropping wide. And I thought West Ham put up a pretty good answer to that for parts of the game. Now whether that was down to the events surrounding a couple of the West Ham goals and the players trust and confidence in the pattern wearing down as the reason is another thing. I assume Ange will add in other different patterns or rotations as the season goes on and he gets the players he needs.

The pace of integration and development of this team and this season is dictated by the work done off the field and especially in recruitment. Again, it has been one of the biggest reasons why we are in this position.

4. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It's obvious now and has been for a while.

There is no DoF in place, which the board never intended to hire in the first place.
    We're looking at players Ange knows, or we're giving City Group a call (who's in charge is unknown, Lawwell Jr?).

I'm predicting Ange lasts until the new year, when he either is sacked or walks himself.

When you're in a hole, stop digging. The board needs to realize what's at stake, and fast. The way things are going, we may well be looking at playing second fiddle for the foreseeable. Who would've thought?

5. wulliebad

Ange has said the first year is pain and suffering and its the 2nd year you get somewhere.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That was painful today. There is getting beat and there is getting ripped apart.

Far too many times West Ham had overloads on either side. Like * rugby when they break lines. All the players without the ball had to do was stay behind the ball and they could lay it off lay it off and we had no one, no one covering.

I’m all for attacking football but if we are going to lose 6 goals we need to score 7. If we could easily have lost 10 we need to have easily missed enough to make it 11 for us.

As it was West Ham were cutting us open at will and while we had some pretty patterns of play we weren’t nearly ruthless enough.

That was concerning I’m not going to lie. Even with bodies in we need to get the balance right.

7. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    That not what happened in Japan when he won the league? Unfortunately things don’t work line that in Glasgow

8. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Who scored our other goal?, McGregor and who?

9. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Arguably that was last year!! I’ve had enough pain and suffering putting up wi Lennons *, then the Kennedy and laptop pish, all the while the board do * all. Enough is enough.
    There has to be progress under Ange and he has to be backed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Means nothing

11. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The EPL fan boy

12. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Edouard?

13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Christie

World Champion likes this.
  14. Big C

Was Ajeti injured?

15. Mr Cleansheets

George Weah's "alleged" cousin.

He actually came on for ten minutes before being hooked.

16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I’m wondering the same , not seen him picking up any knocks recently and for him to be completely left out the squad is odd I’d have expected him to have been on the bench with the recent situation surrounding Griffiths etc.

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It was Christie who actually played well got on the end of a good cross from Abada although really Randolph should probably have saved it.

World Champion likes this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Can’t believe that little nonce scored.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m actually not bothered by it after seeing the goals. Need Jullien and Starfelt badly, along with two fullbacks. Hopefully Buta joins soon.

20. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    When is Julien expected to be back?