1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Midtjylland V Celtic Wednesday 28th July Kick off 6:45 Premiere sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 24, 2021.

Discuss Midtjylland V Celtic Wednesday 28th July Kick off 6:45 Premiere sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Another win in the League for them tonight. Can’t see us going through unfortunately due to once again the boards lack of ambition and not getting the correct resources in place in the time needed for the CL qualifiers so another run in the Europa maybe. That defence will get bullied in the spl let alone Europe

2. AussieGreek

2-1 victory.

honda likes this.
  3. Big C

It’s the same team as today, we all know it. Say what you like but it’s our best 11 at present.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  4. Foley1888

You can tell this is going to be one of those games you massively regret not taking your chances in the first leg.

We should have been taken 3 or 4 goals off them with the chances we had Christie hit the post missed header, Edouards 2 good chances and McGregor hitting the bar in addition to the goal and off the chances conceded we should have never lost a goal.

I can’t see us getting as easy a time of it in the second leg.

ynwa1987 likes this.
  5. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    3-1 Celtic

6. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Defence is worrying going into this

7. celtic20

I would normally go into these threads as positive as possible and back Celtic to get the result somehow. Don't think I've ever posted a predicted scoreline in which we haven't gotten a good result, many times out of nothing but sheer hope.

But * it, the board have absolutely * us. We're still massively regretting not signing Ben Davies back in January or even a replacement that should've been identified and brought in. Same goes for selling Frimpong and Elhamed without a long-term replacement idendified.

And that's why I can see Miftjylland 3-1 Celtic on Wed night.

Please prove me wrong Celtic. But if this goes * up, it falls on the board, not Postecoglou.

8. gazb1888

Funny, as they lost their opening game so it’s their first win of the season.. so much negativity around this forum is * shocking. Celtic will win next week we were by far the better side until the sending off and we’ll put on another performance like we did the first 30mins, we also missed a few easy chances as still rusty, hit post, crossbar and eddy 1v1 should have scored so I believe..

StPauli1916 likes this.
  9. gazb1888

This is the positivity we need, they are absolutely *, we were by far the better side last week until the sending off, hitting post, crossbar, eddy missing an easy 1v1 he’d usually bury when 100% fit, I think we’ll be good

10. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Bain

Ralston
    Welsh
    Dane Murray
    Taylor

Turnbull
    Soro
    McGregor

Forrest
    Ajeti
    Edouard

Would really like to see that. Think I’d chance Forrest. Would like to see Eddy cutting off the left similar to what he done in his first season here.

Attack as best form of defence cause we in no way shape or form would be able to soak up any pressure with that back line successfully IMO

11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Look at the state of that defence. Jesus wept.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The negativity is granted giving that was our strongest 11 starting today is that not slightly worrying no?.. the board have been short sighted again and have been for numerous seasons now. unfortunately the players ange has been allowed to bring in will not feature until work permits are granted time will tell when that is but he has been expected to start the CL qualifiers with a defence like that is fkn laughable it’s beyond parody they clearly lack the ambition as previous seasons have proven this when it comes to strengthening the back line for the CL qualifiers. when did wee last reach the group stages 2017 or thereabouts. You don’t need to run through a complete running commentary from a previous game mate I’m not saying there ain’t any positives to take I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen of us going forward our aggression & pressing but I’m still struggling to see how that defence is part of our strongest 11 and it’s worrying , so yes the negativity is certainly warranted.

13. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    It’s disgusting...that back 4 wouldn’t have been good enough for our Reserve team a few year ago ffs

MickeyyMack and Hammy89 like this.
  14. gazb1888

Right, so based off the game last week why won’t we go through…

15. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Because unfortunately that’s not how football tends to work mate.

16. Big C

We should be better than last week, as should they, but we proved in open play we are a better team.
    Get into them Celtic!!!

17. mayo

Bain
    Forrest Welsh Hjelde McGregor
    Soro Christie
    Abada Turnbull Eddy
    Ajeti

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Can't see us going through tbh.

Will need a massive performance. That's just the reality of where we are at.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I’m not so sure. I know the last friendly wasn’t as bad as this today but you’ve got to imagine there was method in the madness and we won’t be anything like that on Wednesday.

Surely, right?

20. gazb1888

You serious..