1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

You really think the manager will stop playing him because the fans boo,d him?in all honesty if the manager made decisions by the fans behaviour and not the players behaviour then id say he can join griff and * off.

MickeyyMack and cat123 like this.
  2. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

He inappropriately messaged a teenager (and apparently not just one). It's not that shocking.

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    *removed by staff

The manager will eventually stop playing him because he's absolutely pish.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2021
    martin_d and ddub11 like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Girls go mental on makeup, fake tan, hair etc from a ridiculous age now. Lots of them look older than they really are and have done for years. Griffiths is either too thick to realise that, or we know what the alternative is.

A quick look at her Instagram profile and you can pretty easily tell she's not in her 20's. She's a wee lassie.

Bobo_, martin_d and MickeyyMack like this.
  5. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    aye a can imagine him not liking the hostility when 60k are back, that and the fact that he's no good enough for anges system.

If he acted on the players behaviour then he’d of got the bullet ffs

6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I sound like a hun for commenting on the contradictory nature of people’s opinion? Gies peace mun.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

No being funny, but I wanted to check to see if any of this is photoshopped - doesn't seem anywhere is claiming it, so likely not.
    However....

When I looked at Griffiths instagram page and went to "message" him, the blue tick logo is different to what these screen shots show (would need to be zoomed in, but on mine the points of the star has one directly "north" whereas on here it seems direct "north" is empty and two points near the top)
    The arrow to the left of his name is also different (mines has the tail, rather than just the pointy bit)
    I also find that his username lines up more with the Displayname+blue tick. If anything his username (leighgriffiths9) is actually longer than his display name+ blue tick - which isn't the case on these screen shots.

Anyone else able to clarify if these points are different for each phone or do other people find themselves able to spot these differences as well?
    Very well could just be to do with how my phone renders the blue tick and screen size of fitting his name, but then the arrow is different as well.

Not that I am actively siding with the lad, or denying he is an absolute *, just something I noticed.

8. Maestro 08

I'm far from his biggest fan, I don't want him here and he's sleazy, thick and an average footballer but I genuinely don't think he was knowingly trying to get nude photos of an underage girl. He's guilty of a lot of things, previously and in this scenario but I don't think that's one of them.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It looks the exact same on my phone as in those screenshots.

Peej likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Likely just the way the phones rendering it for me then - like emojis I imagine are different.
    Cheers for checking.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  11. RiquelmeCSC

I totally get that! I know that myself, but fortunately I’m female and haven’t had to ask other females their age. Just took it at face value and it’s worked out okay for me. But what if I messaged a girl I thought was of age and it turned out she was only 15, would I then be called a paedo. It’s a tricky subject that could happen to ANYONE.

I’m trusting Celtic, if they haven’t deemed any wrong doing then so be it. Not gonna be allowed to get involved with the pitchfork mob when I know NOTHING about what’s gone on behind the scenes.

12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The Gaffer stated this in response to being Questioned in regards to the little *

806429E6-23FA-40DC-A921-3459FFAFB1C5.jpeg

13. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Meant to reply to the earlier one about the age so going to add it to this as well.

I had a look at her profile, I’m in my mid 20s and I’d say she looks a lot younger than me, I definitely thought she looked under 20 but that comes down to opinion so difficult to say if he thought that or not and you saying your partner thought she looked older as well without knowing anything proves opinions on looks will differ 100%.

On this message I’ve quoted, I think it depends on the conversation… but would you ask her age? Would you jump in and send camera emojis then not explain what you meant when asked? There’s so many variables, for me it comes down to the conversation. I think it looks extremely suspicious.

MickeyyMack and AdamRS like this.
  14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think the people defending are just pointing out that he shouldn't be called a nonce or paedophile. He should 100% be gone, shouldn't have had the chance in the 1st place to bring the clubs name into the gutter.

15. Maestro 08

That's pure Hun patter that. I've not seen anyone outright saying what he did was ok and I certainly don't want him here. The only defence of him has been he wasn't knowingly trying to get nude pictures of an underage girl. For all the stupid stuff he has done and continues to do he should be nowhere near us, he's sleazy, stupid and an average footballer but I'll ask you...do you genuinely think Leigh Griffith's is a paedophile? Because that is a pretty serious claim and totally unfounded by the evidence whatever way you try to portray it.

16. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    That’s fair enough. He’s a * idiot but would agree that describing him as a paedophile is probably harsh. I just wish he would * off and let us concentrate on the football. If he’s one of the best strikers we can come up with then we’d be as well giving up this season.

Rydo1888*, Hammy89, Artorias and 3 others like this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Call it what you want but you wouldn’t want him anywhere near your teenage daughter. Put whatever label you want on that, it’s creepy as *.

Bobo_ likes this.
  18. horseshoe

That's it for me, he's * it by being an absolute moron, almost immediately after a new manager has come in and everyone is basically getting a fresh start. The way some people are going on about him he's a second coming of saville, if there was any hint of that I'm sure the police would have found it checking his phone and socialmedia *, I can't imagine mastermind leigh griffiths being able to cover his tracks all that well if he was up to something seriously sinister.

Artorias likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not defending him in any way but that dichotomy doesn't work.

Cheating on your Mrs isn't a sack-worthy matter, if it was then Gordon along with countless others should have been binned in the past.

It's an unwelcome distraction and having been at the game today will 100% end up in scraps this season if the situation rumbles on longer.

Does what he provides on the park outweigh the issues that he causes off it? No, and for that reason he should be binned.

20. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Are the other players happy to play With him just now? The board need to explain EXACTLY what happened NOW.

Bonobhoy and MickeyyMack like this.