1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia] Mafia 65 : Cops an Mafia

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Scotia, Jul 12, 2021.

Discuss Mafia 65 : Cops an Mafia in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Just in from work, i’ll have a read over at half-time

2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

I don’t get this at all, yesterday you wouldn’t/didn’t vote for me as you felt I was being set up. We have since had it confirmed that mafia godfather voted for me and now you are following his vote. I just don’t follow this but if this helps town after they see I’m not mafia then ok I’m happy with that.
    As for this morning and your exchange with SD I did think he might be mafia roleblocker but from looking at the votes on me from yesterday, see scotias post below, I don’t think he is mafia either seeing as both he and Che had a vote on me one after the other and I doubt scum would be that obvious. Seeing as Che was most definitely setting me up to take the fall.

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Right, quick check back over the recent chat.

Marie, no offence but you’re all over the place.

Sean Daleer - strong character claim, that being said I’ve noticed that you’ve claimed two roleblocks on two people on the two nights that they were jailed.

Very convenient…

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Vote: daleer

5. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Votes ,
    Tim 2 - Ange ,Marie
    Ange 2 - Albian , Che ( the one no on holiday )
    Idioteque 1 - Tim
    Sean D 2 - Springtime , Slppy
    Marie 1 - Sean D
    6 for lynch , deadline 9 pm tonight .

6. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Did he claim these actions after the jail actions were revealed?

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Yes.

8. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't really think you are scum but if we need a lynch to try and help Town whether it be by looking at the lynch train or whatever then you were probably the only person who others would vote for.
    I did re-read the thread ponder of votes etc and his character claim and it's too big a claim for a fake claim, therefore I do think he is Town. Steve Arnott isn't going to be anything other than Town.

9. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What's convenient is you saying that I am all over the place, then you jump on Sean Daleer because he claimed his Roleblocks after it was revealed that those players were jailed.

You jumped quickly on Che as you probably knew he was banned, like Tim mentioned earlier, now onto Sean D just as quick.

You voting for Steve Arnott being scum?

10. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @Scotia in case you miss it

Unvote Tim

Scotia likes this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

You’re honestly gonna try and twist it because I’m voting for sean, considering you’ve spent the whole day arguing for the same points I’ve raised? :56::56::56:

Like I say, all over the place.

To address the rest of your nonsense:

What exactly is “convenient” about me voting for Sean?

Then you say I knew Che was banned? Aye very good…

And, I votes for Che last evening (real time) and then voted for Sean only a couple of hours ago, so how you manage to conceive that it was a “quick jump” is as equally bizarre as your recent waffling.

You know Daleer is Steve Arnott for sure then, aye?

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Very out of character rant from you Marie, and I’m now starting to wonder what game you’re playing…

13. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Votes ,
    Tim 1 - Ange ,
    Ange 2 - Albian , Che ( the one no on holiday )
    Idioteque 1 - Tim
    Sean D 2 - Springtime , Slppy
    Marie 1 - Sean D
    6 for lynch , deadline 9 pm tonight .

14. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No, my argument was that he claimed to be Roleblocker when there was a Town * discarded, it's a very valid argument.

If I am all over the place, why aren't you voting me then?

You pretty quickly voted for Che with a pretty flimsy reason, if you are scum, you would have probably known that he was banned at that stage, scum might even have been considering trying to get him voted out so that it reduced the risk of one of the others being lynched.

No I don't know 100% that he is Steve Arnott but I strongly believe he is telling the truth...Scum wouldn't fake claim Steve Arnott...too risky.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

I apologise for not replying to this, genuinely overlooked it until Marie brought it up there, had to scroll back again.

The answer to that is no, however I can see why you asked.

I voted on him based on looking at the interactions that raised on the whole speculation of you being tarred as “strongman”, that and nothing else concrete to go on.

You did say that we should have looked at someone who was trying to push that strongman agenda. I did that, and voted on che. If you look back at the post history around that point, you'll see that I refrained from voting on you whereas others were doing so. If I were mafia, I'd have followed che's suit, instead of doing the opposite.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

Just because you're all over the place, doesn't mean you're automatically presumed scum, does it?

I voted for Che based on nothing concrete to go on (other than the theory of Tim being strong man, and jailed when no kill/free when killed). I didn't go with that narrative.

Tim said it himself yesterday, that those looking to lynch him or "frame" him based on that should be looked at, I looked at it and voted che. Granted the timing could be seen as a bit iffy, but that's not my fault. Also, I'd have to be pretty * stupid to vote for che knowing that only seconds later scotia was gonna announce him as being void from the game and about to be announced as scum. You say I "quickly" voted for him, well if it is seemed as quick it's because I was working yesterday and was putting my ideas down in the thread when I got a chance, so awfully sorry some of us only have limited time to post in here.

As for the second part that I boldened there, you've been doing a great deal of accusing "steve arnott" after he declared himself, so it seems to me that you're now looking to find some twisted hypocritical narrative here...

17. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I continued after that because I was thinking that he was scum claiming Steve Arnott hoping that the the real player with Steve Arnott would come on and out himself....after I had a re-read through the thread, looked at his interactions and I opened my mind instead of the having the blinkers on and focusing solely on the Roleblocker / * situation....Scotia may well have put them both in and either wanted to try make sure Town had a Roleblocker or like we all do at times....make mistakes when it comes to roles and interpreting them.

No one has counter claimed Steve Arnott now so I have to trust that Sean is indeed Steve Arnott, Town Roleblocker.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Exactly.

So you're basing it on the assumption that Steve Arnott is a character in the game, and under the assumption that scotia HAS included another roleblock in the game.

Now, I don't know that he hasn't, but at least I've given a valid reason for voting on Daleer.

For me, claiming Steve Arnott/Roleblocker could just as easily be a fake claim as it could be a real one - my reason for voting was that he has claimed to have roleblocked me on N1 (when I was jailed), and Tim on N2 (when he was jailed) - both claimed AFTER n2, so could very easily be a fake guise, because let's be honest, is there anything to disprove/prove that he didn't? Like I say, very convenient.

19. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Under 2 hours till Deadline !!

6 for lynch .

20. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I do believe Steve Arnott is in the game, Ted Hastings was in it, Steve is probably in it and I wouldn't be surprised is Kate Fleming was in it too.