1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

I would be very surprised if someone doesn’t take a chance on him for between £15-20m over the course of this window. You just need to look at prices quoted down south for players. Even a big club throw that kind of money at a squad player. Not as much as they did prior to the pandemic etc but they still do.

Even Dortmund or someone abroad if Sancho and/or Haaland go they tend to buy Edouard type players rather than players from the top leagues.

I will be very surprised if he is still here come the end of the window.

James Mc, saltire78 and eire4 like this.
  2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    On one of the Palace forums, the question is Abraham or Edouard. When you go into it they are saying Chelsea have asked clubs for £40m for Abraham. * £40m. Most posters are saying Edouard for £15-£20m but you do get the odd * who somehow thinks any player playing in this league is * pish. Typical EPL fan mentality.

3. Foley1888

Totally get that as well there is definitely that perception there, I think the problem we have with Edouard valuations relates to a lack of CL football.

Even when we were getting battered Dembele still scored against Man City, Barca and PSG amongst others which will have raised his stock. Edouard has never had that chance.

My main request is get it done sooner rather than later as we need another striker when he goes for me.

4. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Yep, I hope we get him out sooner rather than later and get his replacement in sharpish. Boupendza would be the guy for me but doubt we would pay £8m on a single player in this window.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Some * awful takes on here.

Edouard has bags of ability and for a couple of seasons there was unplayable. If some people can’t see that they need to take up watching a different sport.

He was * last season and still topped the scoring charts in Scotland.

If he gets his head right and plays for a team he’s fully committed to, he’ll be tearing it up again.

saltire78, AdamRS, Rydo1888* and 3 others like this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He got 23 in 38 last season and that’s considered * for him.

That’s how good he is.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  7. dmccourt95

The fact Edouard outscored the rest of the league while half arsing it and playing in a team that was one of the most shambolic dysfunctional Celtic sides I’ve seen, should be enough for everyone to determine his quality.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    55 in 90 league games I think. Not all starts.

Over the piece hes played in poorer sides than Dembele did too for those first two seasons, something never mentioned in comparisons...

The_Bhoy and Liam Scales like this.
  9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No question he is a top draw striker. His ability at least for me is not in question at all. What is in question is does he want to play for Celtic with 100% commitment. I do not know the answer to that question as a fact but from what I do know I don't think he does. That he instead wants to move. If that is indeed the case we need to sell him now and bring in someone else who does want to be here.

10. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Aye I love the big man and no doubt the last few stats posted are impressive and on his day is untouchable but agree with the points that he just doesn't seem the same player that was committed. Even when he celebrated goals last season just wasn't the same heart maybe was more to do with no fans to celebrate with but if he doesn't want to be here and isn't going to be fully committed then we need to just take 15m to 20m for him with at least a 15% sell on added. There is no doubt he's worth more than that but would rather put the money to getting quality players in that want to be here than keep him hes not committed and lose for either buttons in January or free next summer.

11. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think he will be at Crystal Palace at the end of the window.

12. TheHappyLoss

Whereas wee Griff will be sitting outside the Crystal Palace with a wee polystyrene cup in a few years

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard is reportedly being lined-up for a big-money move to the Premier League with Crystal Palace.

The Eagles have just appointed Arsenal and France legend Patrick Vieira as their new manager, with the World Cup winner including ex-PSG youth coach Said Aigoun appointed as head of football development.

And that could have relevance to Hoops supporters, with the Guardian claiming that the Celtic talisman is among options being considered by Viera as he looks to boost his attacking options

Aigon and Edouard already have a strong working relationship, with the 23-year-old brought through the youth ranks in the French capital for several seasons by Aigon during his time at PSG.

Edouard has entered the final 12 months of his contract and was previously strongly linked with a move to Leicester City, only for the Foxes to opt for signing Zambian striker Patson Daka instead, whilst fellow Premier League side Brighton have also credited with an interest in the France Under-21 star

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    One of the most mental posts I’ve seen on here.

Genuinely wonder if some people on here actually watch football. I don’t think he’s as good as Dembele but to try and why are people trying to make out he’s been some sort of failure here? “Hooper was a better player” :giggle1:

He’s a * outstanding player. He like every player apart from 3/4 we’re completely done last season working under that incompetent * we called a manager.

He wants to go understandably and it’s hindering his performances but he’s a * sensational footballer and will be probably be a while before we find a striker as good as him.

RI Bhoy likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Best striker since Larsson in terms of ability.

dmccourt95, Valhalla and TheHappyLoss like this.
  16. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Naa for me the best striker since Larsson was Dembele was only here 2 years but was an out and out goal scorer could score with any part of the body and any type of goal. He always showed up in the big games too if he had been here the same amount of time eddy has he would be over 100 goals easy

Born green likes this.
  17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Dembele’s second season wasn’t anything spectacular. Imo Edouard has outperformed him, for Celtic.

18. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Over 50 goals in 2 seasons and alot of that second season he was injured and in and out the team at times cause it but still always came up with the goods the other night eddy through on goal if thats dembele its a goal without a doubt

19. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Edouard might be a “better player” all round, but if I have to choose who I want as my striker, it’s Dembele all day for me and it’s an easy choice.

Wee Baldy and Born green like this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    For me, the main thing Dembele has over Edouard is more aerial ability. Outside of that I'd put Edouard ahead in most areas.

The Phoenix likes this.