1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    What happened to the DOF, was that just talk amongst supporters ?

FrankMcCallum and Noskeil like this.
  2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Whats the difference between a sheet of paper and an app that allows stats to be be utilised, allows the screen to be interactive and see the data?

Really don’t get this “get the laptop ti *” bunch. It’s no the 80’s anymore.

Also it looks like an iPad/tablet, no a laptop.

I also failed to grasp irony, apologies fella lol

The big Viduka and Liam Scales like this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

For all we know that laptop is hooked up to those heart monitors the players wear showing condition? Its a modern take on sports science a thing people bang on about. I doubt its a laptop of just players and stats.

Ewang83 and Noskeil like this.
  4. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    That little deviant Strachan is on brazzers ripping the head right off it in the dugout.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I assumed we all realised the laptop hate was a metaphor (would that be right?) For the modern data analyst that would be done on it, and that the three idiots last season seemed to go purely on data stats and not actually use it in combination of their own * vision and assessment.

"Ryan runs further than everyone, he must play" sort of thing.
    Or "Ryan takes 50 shots a game, he must be good" without actually looking to realise the shots are *.

But seemingly a lot of you think we all are stuck in the 80s and don't want to modernise the club....which is weird because that's what we all want....

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

cat123 and seanm like this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Some of it, not all of it. The amount of * I’ve heard clueless about how it would be used is insane.

Peej and Noskeil like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I like to think I'm twigged up enough to know what would be on it, and we most certainly need to be using as much data as possible

However, it seemed it was literally all Strachan did last season and the other two only based their decisions on what the data said and not a blend of both.

Honestly assumed we all knew it was a sort of joke/tongue in cheek/symbolism of how things had went with them, and not that people are stuck 30 years ago (much like Lennon).

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Nice to see from a Celtic manager taking the blame(even though he wasnt) and not throwing the team under a bus like Lennon

Wee Baldy and FrankMcCallum like this.
  10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The issue last season was much like in every business, your only as good as the person above you. You have a * manager above you, you adhere to their ways and do what they want done. That filtered into every aspect last year from the boardroom to the end result of the players footing the blame and having to follow up on the instructions given to them.

Liam Scales and Peej like this.
  11. Gurru 991

I agree and the next part of that is the people above Ange are * yet we expect him to succeed.

The big Viduka, Wee Baldy and Noskeil like this.
  12. jamiebhoy67

The difference in the way were organised and drilled and playing to a system rather than pass the ball to eddy or Christie and ask them to beat 3 men and create a chance.

Good to see the manager actually managing I think when we are fully up and running we will win the league

13. JamesM09

Interviewer: You’ve been knocked out of another tournament Neil, thoughts on the match tonight?

Lennon: Look it’s my fault I take full responsibility for that match tonight, but the players were all * and we’re basically doing too good a job for them to handle, so in summary they are * players and it’s not my fault.

14. seanm

Lol if you cant TELL a player what you want him to do its not worth telling. * nfl laptop style HH

15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I hope the board allow him to get some of his own staff in. No disrespect to any of the coaches at Celtic but the amount of jobs Ange is doing must be overwhelming. Our coaching, recruitment and overall backroom staff look threadbare.

If the board allow him to grow the club and players I think he can easily achieve group stage football next year(not at all a dig, just facing reality). Give him funds to bring in coaches, DOF and players ffs.

16. Gurru 991

That old adage !!
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

17. Marky1967

Big Ange is going to be up there with the the legends that have managed this club over the years, if he is allowed to manage the club properly. It’s still early days but all the signs are already going in the right direction, he is nobody’s mug, I love how the big fella is going about his business, exciting times are ahead for sure….fasten your seat belts Bhoys and Girls, times a coming

The quicker he gets rid of all the deadwood the better for us all.

Hail Hail.

cat123 and Noskeil like this.
  18. ddub11

Legend?its one game and we done ok lets not carried away bhoys.

jambo_cfc likes this.
  19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I already love him. Even if he ultimately fails, I will respect and like the man. You can see that he has morals.

I’ll reiterate, I feel like I’m a moany * on here, but only because everything the club do is completely and utterly sub standard for the level we should be operating at.

As long as Postecoglou keeps developing his style of play with the threadbare resources he has available to him, and is direct and honest like he has been, he’s the man for me.

martin_d, Noskeil and The Phoenix like this.
  20. GavCFC1