1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Anel Ahmedhodzic
    Fredrik Bjorkan

2. Foley1888

GK Marco Sporteillo, Atalanta, experienced keeper was their number 2 last year but played a lot of CL games. They have just splashed out on another Keeper so will be third choice and has a year left on his deal.

RB Rasmus Carstensen, Silkeborg, RB for a strong Danish U21 international team provided a lot of assists last year. Would cost under £2m.

LB Gabriel Gudmundsson, Groningen, very quick powerful full back who is good going forward and over 6 foot so can help out at set play's. Probs about £3m at most as in last year of his deal.

CB Simon Deli, Club Brugge, Athletic, Experienced CB, was on loan back at Slavia and strolled the game at Ibrox. Probs about £2-3m, as in last year of his deal and was loaned out last season.

CM Lindon Selahi, Free Agent, had a rough season last year but the season before he led the Eredivisie for midfielders in defensive stats. His refusal to sign a new deal saw his game time limited.

Either Wing or AM Daleho Irandust, BK Hacken , can sign a pre contract as deal is up in January. Very skilful player maker type, tends to play centrally but can also play off either wing. Swedish international whose value will likely increase.

ST Ramon Mierez, Osijek, scored frequently on loan last year and deal has been made permanent but likely to move on. Strong CF who is good in the air. Unsure how much but I believe they signed him for Between £2-3m probably be at least £5-6m.

Pearse67* and Maestro 08 like this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I hope we're still in for Baldock, would instantly improve our defence and I think he'd be available for next week too.

While we're at it, bring Davies in from Liverpool, another who can play next week and improves our defence.

martin_d and Pearse67* like this.
  4. Pearse67*

Or the japanese cb from city.

5. Forza 67

Karl-Johan Johnsson, looks to be second choice at Copenhagen after they signed Grabara from Liverpool, thought he looked a solid keeper when he played against us. or Andre Hansen from Rosenborg.

Nicodemus|FCK likes this.
  6. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Thought the midtyland left back Paulinho looked good, would go for him if we win and go through.

7. Nicodemus|FCK

Goalies:
    #1 Oliver Christensen from OB, Denmark... the goalie who will be Denmarks #1 after Kasper Schmeichel retires.
    an absolute beast... but maybe a bit above the paygrade.
    Either Karl-Johan Johnsson https://www.transfermarkt.com/karl-johan-johnsson/profil/spieler/112822 (yep its him... )
    or Sten Grytebust: https://www.transfermarkt.com/sten-grytebust/profil/spieler/73417
    Both are reserves at their nationalteams (Sweden and Norway)... one of them will leave FC Copenhagen this window...
    Both good goalies, and cheap atm.

Wee Baldy and Foley1888 like this.
  8. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Kristijan Lovric, scoring goals for fun from midfield in a decent enough league and should be hitting his prime about now.

9. Foley1888

I listened to the Nordic Football podcast who done a feature on Denmark last week and the season ahead, Christensen was one of their ones to watch for the new season.

Would love to get him in as any investment would likely be more than made up in the future when he becomes the National team number 1. How much do you think it would take to sign him?

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Patrick Van Aanholt is still out of contract isn’t he? We need a bit more experience at the back, good attacking left back.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Didnt realise he was out of contract, or forgot.

I'd take him for now. Experience at least and was a decent player few years back. Not sure where he is at these days.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    At 30 I’d think a 3 year contract would be a safe bet and quite an attractive option for him.

Peej likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No brainer in my opinion, from ourside.

He would be an instant upgrade to what we have, would allow us to get shot of Boli, a year to scout out a younger talent, get shot of Taylor, then bed a new lad in etc.

14. Nicodemus|FCK

He's expensive, and wants to play EPL... and he's by far the 2nd best goalie in Denmark... only reason he's not a national reserve is due to the national U21 team. my guess is 8-10mill £ for him to go to Scotland... luckily his club is fairly bad a transfers, so he might go cheaper.

15. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

If we can spend decent money on a quality LB and RB I would be happy to spend a little bit less on a good goalkeeper. What looks like we have wasted £4M -£5M on Barkas we don't want stung again . I think Siegirst of Dundee Utd maybe worth a look

16. Foley1888

That’s a lot more than I expected given the rate a lot of players leave the league for. Granted he is a talented player.

Any idea how much the right back Rasmus Cartensen would be?

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Vidat Muriqi - 27, 6’4 bruiser of a striker.

Was excellent at Fenerbache and got his move to Lazio, largely not done much there at all - 2 goals in 34 games.

Better scoring record before it, might be decent option for rebuilding his career and a different option than what we have just now.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Can't believe we didn't try and get Zahavi.

* was a free agent for about 4 months.

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's a fantastic player but his antics with the flag swap wouldn't make him popular here.

20. Foley1888

I am sure we were mentioned around the time he signed for PSV.