1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Midtjylland Tuesday 20th July 7:45 Premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 17, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v FC Midtjylland Tuesday 20th July 7:45 Premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    7/10 game for me, taking in to consideration the lack of players of an acceptable level.

Great tempo, great pressure and well deserved goal.
    Bitton, muppet.
    Red card for each side seems reasonable. But Bitton needs to be better than that. Expecting not to see him again for awhile after that. Surely the Aussie lads can tell us that sort of * is not on with Ange? Comes across as someone who will not accept that.

Goal each, would have taken that before kick off, but actually gutted to lose the lead. Glad there is no away goal rules any more.

We deserved the win.

However, after the goal and more so last 20mins, we looked a different side. Ange made comments earlier today and yesterday about the fitness of the squad overall (Deila done the same taking over from Lennon) and I think we saw that after the 70minute mark, more so with the goal taking the wind out of us.
    That will be improved on, I am sure.

Murray and Welsh - brilliant from both, superb. Both play years beyond their actual ages and have a good future ahead. We can not though rely on them for a full season, it would be unfair on everyone.
    Starfelt and Julien will be good, but defo want another one (Hjelde out on loand to a top 6 club at least).

Middle to front, the press and tempo was brilliant for the majority of the game, can see what Ange is wanting us to do. Excited for Kyogo coming in to this, think him and Abada will do brilliant in this setup for sure. Direct, pace, skill, two footed, goals in them.

Barkas - one big mistake and it was a clanger. I can't even defend that one, all on the keeper.

Bitton - muppet

Christie - a decent game, but he still acts like Christie. Too many times in that game he took greed over team work, refusing to pass a few times in favour of a row Z shot. For me, it could have been worse, give him credit he played better. But he's just not a team player any more and needs gone.

Slater67 likes this.
  2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Calmac was getting MOTM before the game anyway as he was just announced captain. He did well though looks more like his old self. However Soro and Welsh were phenomenal. Abada did great in his short time and looks like he’s played a massive part in the tie already. Christie was far, far better too. Murray did well when he came on too. Bitton playing upto the cameras ruined what I’m nearly 100% would have been a win.

Overall it was a vast improvement from last season. Would’ve conceded the usual 3/4 home goals against this team last year and caved after going down to 10. This afternoon I thought a draw wouldn’t have been the worst but after seeing upto the red card a draw feels a bit like a loss.

neilly1987 likes this.
  3. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Mixed bag from that.

We looked pretty good all things considered,
    Abada couldn't have done any better,
    Christie played like 2019 Christie,
    Welsh and Murray both played well,
    We kept them quiet for the most part and I didn't feel to threatened for most of the game

Bad points
    We lack that scoring edge, we should have scored about 4 but failed to, Eddie was missing his shooting boots and a few more plays that shoukd haveorodiced better
    Nir Bitton is a * *
    * poor from Barkas for the goal
    Fullbacks do not give us what is needed of them
    Lacked pace from the bench
    Corners we do not threaten enough from
    The reffing was utterly pish

If it plays similarly I'd like to think we will win this tie, but some big bits needed.

4. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Meh. Could have been worse. Played some good stuff considering the state of our team and some individual stupidity stopped us getting a win. Shame we never won but we can still do them over there. (Probably give away a goal, pen and red card in the first 5 minutes and get hammered over there knowing us)

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Christie diabolical? He was * brilliant. My MOTM

6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Seeing their goal again just makes it worse.

7. gazb1888

Agree, I thought Taylor was ok tonight would say he was one of the better performers tonight. I thought Soro was on another level was immense along with McGregor too a huge improvement on last season with a weaker squad..

8. Belfast_Bhoy

GK is number 1 position needing filled. Barkas was the most expensive mistake in a long time. Write it off and sign another one.

9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

They were * poor, we would have easily beat them if it want for Bitton being a total *.

Abada looking good already, Welsh fantastic, Soro looking like the player we've been desperate to see in midfield and even Christie having a decent game.

Should do them next week if we play at the same level as we did first half tonight.

Full backs are totally gash though, we badly need some quality there if we are to achieve anything of note this season.

AdamRS likes this.
  10. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Thought we dominated that and created enough to score 5

Really impressed with Soro, Mcgregor, Christie & Welsh. Delighted for Abada.

Ralston and Taylor try their hearts out but they are no where good enough.

Bitton is a *

Feel sorry for Barkas but don’t think he’ll make it here.

Hopefully Starfelt is eligible for the away game.

NomDePlum likes this.
  11. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

So much more movement and energy than last season. Welsh was my MOM, brilliant performance from the young man.
    We should really have won that, but thanks to a goalkeeper that doesn't like to use his hands and a midfielder playing in defence who likes to use his hands !!!
    One job Barkas had to do, one fecking save to make and failed, undone all the good work by the outfield players.

12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    We had our chance tonight, blown it, theyll bully us over there 2 0.

Welsh did ok but stupid as * for free kick.

Would sell the whole.forward line regardless of fees, let the young Japanese boy play the season out, maybe tey and nick Nisbet

Mcgregor, soro and Chrisite were good. Welsh too but caused the goal alongnwith goalie

Weve got about 5 useless * every week, gk, CB, fbs x 2 and CF

13. StevieBhoooy!

Leaving aside the sending off … we should have won this game so have left ourselves dork to do away and the Danes will be stronger then. The ceitic way.

There were positives though that are encouraging for the season ahead.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Huge, huge progression! Very happy how we played

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

rudebhoy67 and geo7 like this.
  15. seanm

New signings cant play in the second leg i think HH

16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Wasn't bad was it. Went a wee bit flat but thought Ange's subs gave us a lift.

17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Christie did well and I'm his biggest critic.

geo7 and Foley1888 like this.
  18. Foley1888

Once we settled that was a decent performance we, were just starting to really click then Bitton does that. It’s time for him to go how many times can he cost us?

Unlucky for McGregor but Edouard should have had at least one and Christie just didn’t get enough on the one that hit the post.

I actually thought Taylor was more blunt in attack than Ralston but neither were good enough.

Abada looked tidy when he got going quick give and go type player who looks to get in the box and provide cut backs or get a shot off.

I thought McGregor and Soro were excellent for most of the game.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  19. Bonobhoy

I honestly cant tell if thats sarcasm or not...but i thought he was absolute * as usual.

20. celtic warrior

Right that's got me convinced.

If celtic got their * act together abd made 4, maybe 5 clever signings to resolve the clear issues we have in defence. This team is looking strong.

Welsh is showing up big time, Murray looks ready to fill in like Welsh did last season, we've got Jullien still to come back, Starfelt supposedly signed. Big Osaze too.

Shaw looks promising, Soro is everything Brown hasn't been for years, Turnbull and McGregor are gonna control games domestically with Soro defending.

Abada looks like a player, sneaks into great positions and early signs suggest he can whip a ball into the box. Forrest and Dembele not featured but will obviously have a huge part in the season. (Forrest more than Dembele perhaps).

Ajeti looks fit, but obviously with questions of Eddie and the * show of Griff we need to add there.

All in all, given how utterly * we typically are this early in Europe, even with Rodgers, today showed so much positives for me about the league.

In Ange we trust.

geo7 and gazb1888 like this.