1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

It really is a mixture of bias and incompetence, with the emphasis on bias, that's the way it works in this part of the World.

2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    An example is in England, referees declare the team they support. They won't ref them and they try to keep them away from matches where support of team x could cause bias (concious or subconscious) in match y.
    In Scotland it doesn't matter, and most refs are huns. The SFA don't care and don't believe it matters which is stupid, given that some of Scottish football has political and religious ties when in England any ties there were have pretty much diminished over time. The bias isn't just about football, it's about race and religion. They even allow the leader of the Scottish Conservative & Unionist party to referee in Hun and Celtic games.
    Sometimes they are just incompetent.

3. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Indeed.

The current board got plenty of previous when it comes to dithering, letting matters drag on, et cetera et al.

I think most people knew how the Howe saga would end. It's how these people (the board) operate. It's not bad luck when it reoccurs regularly.

murphy88, The Prof and JamesM09 like this.
  4. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Sorry this was a term we used to describe the two main teams in Glasgow a few years back one half folded leaving debt and carnage for small businesses they owed never mind the tax man and they passed their name on to a new club sevco, they unfortunately believe they are the old club reincarnated. Being slightly older now I refer to the term old firm as writing dirty scum hun * takes to long to type some times.

belbhoy likes this.
  5. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I may have misinterpreted your comments here so forgive me if this is the case.

My previous point was in no way critical of Ange or anything that he has done. I and many others will no doubt feel the same feelings and thoughts he mentioned post-match. The fans will be patient with Ange, however the board and others I'm not so sure about. The frustration is with those in certain positions at the club and there are still a few questions that need to be answered. The lack of support staff or even at least one individual that Ange trusts, knows his methods and can use as a soundboard or help him settle in, is a big one for me. I'm not aware of whether this is something he has done in his previous positions. Ange mentioned he wanted time to see what the other staff have to offer, and make his judgments then. Which is fair enough. However, as mentioned before. The trust in those in charge of the club, was broken with the way things went last season and it will take a long time to be won over with that part of the club.

Again, I don't think you'll find many people who believe that Ange is the problem. How can you apportion anything about the state of this club at his door, given his short time at the club? I like a lot of his ideas. But it's clear to see apart from McGregor and Turnbull, we are miles away from having enough quality to make them a reality.

6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    The board has to continue to add players to give this squad depth and to provide Ange with a fighting chance.

We needed reinforcements at centre back before Ajers departure. So his loss leaves us only lacking that quality.

Whats more is that there is a worrying lack of leadership in the squad or those with big attitude and presence.

The boards negligence continue and we go into Tuesdays game with a decimated defence.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Ange in Wales - "Haven't given Griffiths a second thought on being sent home and will be dealt with when we're back in Glasgow"

Ange back in Glasgow - "brought you back some teacakes Leigh"..

BigDoggyWoofWoof and Cena like this.
  8. GreenLeanMean

From Glasgow live ..

And Postecoglou wants future deals to be concluded more swiftly with the understanding that there are likely to be delays in getting players into the country

"We probably hesitated a couple of times and could have moved faster on some things," he said.

"That hasn't helped us. In normal circumstances these processes are fairly straightforward. Get a player, sign him, take him on a plane, take a photo and away he goes.

"That process is now taking two to three weeks. That's where we've got to move a little bit more precisely, understand there's going to be lag time and move a bit quicker."

9. JamesM09

Has Ange really brought Griffiths back?

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou has repeated his call to get more summer signings over the line – as he admitted the club "hesitated" on some deals.

The recruitment drive picked up last week when wide attackers Liel Abada and Kyogo Furuhashi were announced but it appears neither will play in Tuesday's Champions League qualifier against Midtjylland

Covid issues haven't helped matters either with the manager recently revealing fans will have to wait a little while before they see Furuhashi in a Hoops shirt.

And Postecoglou said: "We probably hesitated a couple of times and could have moved faster on some things.

That hasn't helped us. In normal circumstances these processes are fairly straightforward. Get a player, sign him, take him on a plane, take a photo and away he goes.

That process is now taking two to three weeks. That's where we've got to move a little bit more precisely, understand there's going to be lag time and move a bit quicker.

Centre-back Kris Ajer seems bound for Brentford in a £13.5m deal as he and Olivier Ntcham were left off the club's squad list for the Midtjylland clash.

Carl Starfelt is set to sign to replace the former but that again is taking some time – and Postecoglou knows his squad is nowhere near where he'd like it to be.

He added: "It's a constantly evolving picture. What I do know is we need to bring in a certain number of players.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out. When I look at the squad we are still very light in areas, just for depth more than anything else.

If we want to challenge on all fronts we need a strong squad. At the moment I don't have that."

tarboltontim likes this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Get this Board tae * !! :31::31:

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No bad from a yes man.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  13. JamesM09

With Ange now essentially calling the board out for taking too long, where are the board defenders telling us it takes time and we can't judge them?

Our manager is judging them and considering the circumstances those comments are pretty scathing.

Peej and Lebo like this.
  14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    At least he's honest in saying that there is no more room for hesitation. But for * sake we should have known that months back.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hesitated on deals..

These scumbags are ripping the * out of us..

Scum..

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The man is barely in the door, but already he's sussed oot the incompetent arseholes that are supposed to be running the club.

What a total embarrassment we've become.

17. rickyroma25

This guy is as up front as they come. You can tell how frustrated he is with how we operate. Worst case scenario we can't get the quality through the door and end up having to hang onto the wasters we would happily ditch.

18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Don't like that he's had to say that but glad he has

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aww Ange, bless ye man!

That's not a Covid issue, that's just literally how this club works.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

He's came in from the other side of the world and it's taken him about a month to suss out the * that run the club. Wonder how long the promise of communication with the support will last now I imagine the questions will be to close to home for them

21. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    This is why we're keeping the likes of Griff and Ralston, brutal.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.