1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nah, this is too tame surely to be banned! :56:

2. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Quality post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peej likes this.
  3. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    My only complaint so far about Ange is he should have played his starting 11 and supplemented with subs like it is going to be on Tuesday. I don’t believe that starting 11 wil be the same I hope not anyway and I would have liked to have seen our strongest more experienced players trying to play his type of game even if they only lasted 45 I wanted to see how motivated as a team they were compared to last season.

Peej likes this.
  4. Scubaroo

Someone's riding the crimson wave.

Gurru 991 likes this.
  5. Gurru 991

In reference to Garrymac I personally love having the Aussie/Greek Ange fans here. They add a different & welcome perspective to the forum. Top forums such as the Redcafe welcome fans from other club as it really adds to the overall quality.

The67Sound and JC Anton like this.
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This idea that Ange shouldn't be given a bit of leeway is mental. He's walked into an utter mess of a squad. It's taken weeks for a first team player to be signed. He has a defence of Ralston, Welsh, Urhoghide and Taylor.

To pile the pressure on him this early is * ridiculous. We haven't had a rebuild like this in * knows how long.

JML67, Ewang83, Crilly and 15 others like this.
  7. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

8. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I don’t think anyone blames doesn’t feel sorry for Ange and what he has inherited and the blame is squarely on the board for dicking around Howe and waiting so long to get someone in. But we know CL is a challenge at the best of times even with time and a manager in place and I don’t think he will be hung out to dry if we don’t get CL, he might get a drubbing if we don’t get any European football EL or EC.

it’s the league SPL where he won’t get leeway even with that ragman outfit (because you wouldn’t even get a balloon of the ragman for that * team) we fielded last season we still came second and so anything other than challenging the huns to a close run in will not be tolerated he needs to show that even with the same team he can get them motivated and tactically aware to push for the title I know 27 points would be a big ask but we gifted about 15 of them and the refs gave them 9-11 so the old firm games are the difference from winning or losing the title this year.

9. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This year is the year we’re they need to sweat blood and be helped of that park after 90 min because nothing less in effort will be tolerated.

We should be celebrating the best ever club achievement in the history of Scottish football instead we’re contemplating if we will get European football after August and if we can catch the rats from the other side.

10. rickyroma25

You can already see this guy won't be given any time if things don't go smoothly right from the start. Our fanbase is full of mentalists.

Our club is a structural mess. We don't even have a head of recruitment, never mind the Sporting Director that we've badly needed for years. Youth development nowhere near up to scratch. The players at the club are the absolute antithesis of what's needed for a high pressing energetic possession team. But yet again, one man walks in the door and everybody expects a revolution in a matter of weeks.

JML67 and Noskeil like this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think the vast majority of supporters appreciate and understand the situation, as already mentioned the manager will be given time provided there are signs of progress along the way.

In our current state there is no quick fix or magic wand, it has to be done over a period of time, new players have to gel and Ange has to get them to play in the style he wants.

Right now we need players in the door asap.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Its madness.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He gets leeway, the club does not.
    The club need to back him fully now. CL is well beyond us, I hate saying that. But we need to financially back this guy to the hilt. The prize at the end of this is £40million guranteed, this season is when we push out to win that prize. This is the preseason for next year as far as I am concerned. We seem to always wait every summer to see what European competition we fall in to, then spend appropriately, however this is the one year we need to be playing in advance.

Ange gets backed, I think folk will forgive Europe qualifiers coming too soon and focus on the league.

But if he isn't continued to be backed, we will put ourselves on the backfoot even more so than we are right now, we will squander a chance in the league and if the season as a whole becomes salvageable early on, then they will all be in the firing line, rightly or wrongly.

14. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers

Great article on Celticbynumbers, unfortunately it says our new manager will need time

Conclusion

After a season where everything that could go wrong did, a systemic meltdown of a year, Celtic may have fallen, by accident, on their next great manager.

Both the manager and the CEO speak as one of the needs to modernise and build. This is encouraging but the reality underneath those words Is hard work, singularity of vision and time.

15. scootz

I suspect it was Howe who was doing the bulk of the dicking around!

16. Gurru 991

I doubt that very much !!
    I'm sure the Celtic Board were playing their usual bullshit games !!

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    You don't negotiate with a manager for 3 month, if there was an initial problem over the backroom team then it would either have been sorted or we moved on to someone else, it wouldn't take that length of time.

Wasting 3 month just sums up this totally incompetent Board.

18. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    What is the issue with SPL referees ? It seems to me from reading a lot of these posts that they leave a lot to be desired with many dubious decisions being awarded by them. In other Leagues refs get less games or are hung out to dry if they are not performing. Is there a conspiracy going on or are they poorly trained to do the job they are paid to do ?

19. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I'm sure you will get many replies to explain this and no doubt some links but basically the Lanarkshire referee fraternity is historically been very mason and very pro hun, along with the sfa might I add

20. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Whats an Old firm?