1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    His big brother Bitton's.

MickeyyMack and Mince.Charming like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Must be Bitton.

Artorias likes this.
  3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Seems decent kid, that's happy and wants to be at Celtic. I've a good feeling about this

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

The67Sound, martin_d and Artorias like this.
  4. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Not sure about this. His stats are worse than Shveds when we signed him, and he plays in a poorer league. Time will tell.
    Plus the videos posted he has acres of space to run into. He will never, ever have that here.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....

Bit more of his play outside the box here..

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. green-yin

Give him some gametime on saturday and start him on tuesday.

martin_d and McChiellini.. like this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The thing with Shved is we don't even know if it's an ability issue.

Hes had 2 appearances and has 1 goal for us. I think that by all accounts it's been an attitude issue combined with the fact he was signed and our manager at the time had no clue who he was. Given his record for a poor side in Ukraine I refuse to believe he's a terrible player.

Is he even training with us still?

Hammy89 and seanm like this.
  9. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Jaysus, a winger that actually takes on defenders and eliminates them. A rarity these days.

He'll be a breathe of fresh air if he's got a good attitude.

10. StevieBhoooy!

11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    STYLE wise he reminds of Hazard. Same sort of build and same idea when he has the ball

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He has a slight bit of build on him for a 19 year old. Think he'll fill out more as well..

13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Thought this guy was another for the Dev squad being only 19

3.5m sounds like a first teamer that YouTube vid makes him look like a superstar here's hoping excited by this kid

martin_d and seanm like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    thailandceltic and Crilly like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic’s new Israeli internationalist striker, Liel Abada, had his first training session under manager, Ange Postecoglou and with his new team-mates today at Lennoxtown as further preparations for the coming season got underway at the club’s home camp.

The 19-year-old joined on Wednesday on a five-year deal from Israeli Premier League club Maccabi Petah Tikva and he is already feeling right at home among the Celts.

Abada said: “I’m really very happy to be here and all of the team received me in a warm way, we have a very good feeling and I feel like I am at home.

“I have a lot of emotion and I am very excited to be with this big club. I practiced for the first time today and I am really very happy to be here among everyone.”

The transition in training was no doubt made easier by the fact that his fellow Israeli internationalist, Nir Bitton was on hand to show the new Bhoy the ropes.

The winger added: “Of course I had a discussion with Nir after I had signed the contract and he explained about this amazing place and I really hope that we will have a lot of success together.

“I believe that it’s always a help when you have somebody to give you a little help with integration and together I think it will bring me what I need to have better communication in integrating.

“It’s amazing for me to arrive at such a big club as Celtic, it’s really a dream and I know this club and its supporters have a really big name, and I really want to show this club and the supporters what I am able to do. I hope that it will arrive with a nice result.

'I know I will give 100 per cent of myself in every practice and every game. I will try to give my confidence and potential to the club and I really hope and want that this will bring good results.'

Abada plays primarily on the right wing, but his adaptability allows him to play in a few positions across the front line and, in time-worn fashion, he repeated the player mantra of playing wherever the boss wants him to.

He said: “I think I am strongest of the right side of the pitch, but I can play in attack or I can also play on the left side, and I will do what the coach will ask me to do. I will try to give the best of myself to the team.”

“Today I had a very good discussion with the manager and I am very happy and excited about this.

“It was just last week that I received the information that the club was interested in me and that the coach wanted me, so I didn’t have to think twice, I immediately said yes and I arrived one week after the approach.”

Now Abada is fully focused on winning silverware with the Celts and can’t wait to play in front of a full Paradise once Covid restrictions are lifted.

He said: “I will be very, very happy to win and it is one of my hopes to take the title and we will do the maximum to win the title again

“It will be really exciting to play in a sold out stadium.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LIEL ABADA insists he’s ready to boost Celtic’s Champions League bid with an instant debut.

The £3.5million Israeli winger could feature against Preston in the Hoops' Parkhead friendly.

But 19-year-old Abada has also told boss Ange Postecoglou he wants to start against Midtjylland in Tuesday’s Euro clash.

He said: “I am always ready to play and if the coach asks me to play on Tuesday I will be happy.

“It is no problem. I will always try to give the maximum I can for the team.

It is a dream to play in the Champions League. This is something I have aimed for since I first kicked a ball aged five.

“For me to arrive at this moment with Celtic is a dream.

“I always want to do the best I can for the team and I believe we can do nice things this year.

“I have watched a lot of Celtic games in the past and last season. I know their status in Scotland and Europe. I am very excited

Abada trained with Celtic on Friday and believes Postecoglou’s new-look side can entertain their way to the title.

The Israeli winger will soon be joined by £4.6m Japanese forward Kyogo Furuhashi as the Hoops tool up.

Postecoglou has promised Celtic fans exciting attacking football as he begins his reign.

Abada can’t wait to be part of it and he is convinced they can claim the title back from Rangers.

He said: “I am happy that the manager wants players to attack.

“I always want to do that. It is my game, I want to score and create good situations.

“I believe we can do some really exciting things this season.

“I care a lot about helping Celtic to get success and the target is to win the Scottish title.

“That is my goal. To become a champion with Celtic would be a dream.”

SunSport revealed Celtic’s interest in Abada last week — with the player keeping the news a secret.

He was worried the move would break down, just like his big-money switch to Dinamo Kiev in January.

Abada said: “After that experience with Kiev, when the transfer didn’t happen, I preferred not to make too much noise.

“In Israel, almost nobody knew about my discussions with Celtic until just before I signed.

“I know that many players have come from Israel to Celtic in recent years but I didn’t speak to them initially.

“With a transfer as big as this, I had to keep things very discreet. I probably heard about Celtic’s interest around ten days ago.

“I immediately was very excited to be told that such a big club wanted me.

“Celtic are a massive name with so many fans and I didn’t think twice about the opportunity.

“I immediately took the decision that I wanted to join Celtic and everything moved from there.

“After I agreed everything then of course I spoke to Nir Bitton and Beram Kayal.

Nir helped me a lot and gave me so much advice. Beram was also great with me.

“But since coming here I have spoken to a lot of people and had great information.

“I am so happy to be at Celtic. I’m the happiest man in the world.”

Abada views Shakhtar Donetsk winger Manor Solomon as his role model — but also admires a France superstar.

He said: “Like me, Manor started at Maccabi Petah Tikva and now has success in Europe.

“He is a good example for me to watch. I like him a lot.

“In terms of foreign players, I have really liked watching Kylian Mbappe in the last few years.

"From a young age he has done amazing things and he continues to develop.”

tarboltontim and The67Sound like this.
  18. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    The new Elhammed.

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

The Israeli Mbappe

20. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player: