1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Controversial Celtic Opinions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Jul 7, 2021.

Discuss Controversial Celtic Opinions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    i cant see Rogic fitting in it either tbf. Edouard wont be keen on pressing either.

2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    You could see that he was a great technical player but i dont think the scottish game was for him at all. I think he should have went to spain, italy or stayed in france.

3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    His motivational skills were second to none and he gave us some of the best european nights in living memory.

4. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Only because the worst situation in our history was the club almost going out of business. Right now is absolutely the worst state we've been in since then and I'm pretty sure not one of us is comfortable with the misery it's bringing.

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. Buster

Always came across as a lazy moody * and never took to him after his disappearing act

Funny you said that about Amoruso, the story l heard about Viduka was that after playing against us in the qualifier our two central defenders went back to the dressing room covered in upper body bruises after Viduka had rag dolled them about

6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

In those days he was Marko Viduka, which I always found a bit odd.

In fairness, I hate him which has been clarified in a few posts, but he tore us to shreds in those qualifiers.

G_portillo likes this.
  7. Buster

He did that and to be fair l thought he led the line well after Henke broke his leg (well up to the ICT game)………still think he was a * though

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    My tuppence worth..

Brendan Rodgers was a great manager for us, but his tactical naivety and insistence of playing the ball out from the back killed us in europe time and time again.

Ronny Deila set us back seasons and some of the recruitment during that time was amongst the worst in recent times. Berget, Tonev, etc.

On tonev, the way the Logan situ was handled didnt reflect well on him and he probably wasnt innocent.

Gary Hooper was heavily underrated and should have stayed on another season.

Virgil Van Dijk was always going to reach the top but was playing in a terribly organised defence.

Until Brendan Rodgers, Scott Brown was erratic and let us down on a few big occaisions i.e when he punted neymar and got sent off. Rodgers reinvigorated him as a player and got the best from him. If he had Rodgers as a manager earlier, he would have been even better than he was.

Callum Mcgregor is a talented player but is overrated and needs to impact games more.

Ki was a quality midfielder, but leaving for the asia cup lost him his place in the team and at times Brown undeservedly got played ahead of him.

Barry Robsons work rate and attitude was second to none and his introduction to the side was pivotal in winning the league.

Bitton playing at centre back is symptomatic of how poor our recruitment is and how short we are in defence.

Moussa had far more impact in the big games than Edouard has.

The hype around 10IAR overshadowed how poor we were in europe and europe was the true measure of how good we were as a team.

Lustig used to feign injury when he didnt fancy it.

John Mcginn got the better of our midfield in nearly all of the games he played against us with Hibs and if we would have signed him we would have qualified for the CL.

Rodgers decision to play Moussa in the second half vs Alashkert when 3-0 up, was fatal in us qualifying.

Peter lawells performance as CEO with us as a whole, really wasnt impressive and he in no way deserved the lucrative bonuses he earned. Infact, his decisions probably cost us more in income than he earned us.

Since Rangers were reformed, last season was the first time we had any kind of challenge domestically.

WGS was never really fully taken to by the celtic fans because he was not a “celtic man” and was heavily underrated as a result. His achievement of last 16 and holding out a very strong AC Milan will forever go under appreciated.

Karamoko has been ready for the first team for over a season now, but is being held back.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    NomDePlum likes this.
  9. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I was nodding in agreement until Lustig....how dare you!

10. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    haha mate i always remember in europe he went off holding his hamstring and then seemed to make a full recovery for the game that weekend.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  11. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

:56: mate I loved Micky, from day one he was my favourite...nothing bad about him will ever be accepted.

Funny how you just fall in love with some players isn't it?

martin_d and Doogs. like this.
  12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic forums shouldn't have pages dedicated to the scum from Govan. They should be removed from all forums and only included in a single SPL thread.

It's an unhealthy obsession for some of our fans and milks/fertilises the narrative that as long as we beat them then our custodians need not invest any further and our bar has been set.

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Used to be a guy on here who would spend 90% of his time in the huns thread, think he stated he used to go to their games in the rival end, pretty sad.

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. MAP

On the back of this post ... the Board are doing an excellent job; so many trophies over the last few years and the club remains financially sound.

Bayern Bru likes this.
  15. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just a few opinions! Haha

Can’t really find myself disagreeing though. Actually think I agree with them all.

The karamoko one is huge, he should have been playing at least 10+ games last season. And bitton as a centre back still is a joke (actually not sure why he’s still here).

16. Mr Cleansheets

Wee Jinky Moffat will be a Celtic legend.

17. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Suppose so. Who needs a strong coaching dept and a squad with the quality and strength in depth to carry on winning things when we've got past glories and financially sound?

18. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I agree with this, the more credence we give them the more they think they are our equal, we should treat them the same as the sheep or any other SPL team. Europe is where we should set our bar and how well we do there, CL group stages and beyond shows the level we should be aspiring to if we do that the domestic side will fall into place.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don’t think the bit about Barry Robson is controversial at all.

Liam Scales likes this.
  20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye it’s widely accepted.