1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There usually is more to the story than the public know, but the law doesn't care if a crime was intentional or not.

2. h0tsh0t87

there is next to no chance griffiths will be found guilty - no age mentioned , no photos exchanged ? The girl in the photos said she doesn’t beleive griffiths would have messaged her if he knew her age ? The person posted numerous under wear photos on Instagram why would u assume she’s 15-16 and the Fact she has a big following shows that lots of other people also didn’t know her age . He should of asked her age don’t talk daft. He won’t even get a warning as there’s no case .

he should be sacked though as he is a 30 year man messaging a person he thought was 18 who had a family at home who supported him through his issues not to mention bring unwanted attention on the club

Jeannie960 and AussieGreek like this.
  3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Apparently he's a stalker too now according to a well know Scottish rag. The guys an idiot but obviously some are seeing it as open season to throw any old * at him now. He's left himself open to this, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. The thing that really turns the stomach is certain Celtic fans who didnt want him to sign a new contract who are lapping this up, really pathetic stuff.

Artorias likes this.
  4. h0tsh0t87

couldn’t agree more . If u look at the incident it is clear he wasn’t trying to nudes of a child he didn’t know her age and everything suggested she was 18 at least . Then the two fake profiles that came out the same day saying griffiths also messaged them turned out to be fakes using someone else photos .

he’s being called predator by all Celtic and rangers fans when anyone with common sense can see that isn’t the case .

Again I beleive he should be sacked as it’s unwanted attention on the club and distractions we could do without not to mention he has a wife and kids

moravcik1888 likes this.
  5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    1. Her account stated she played for Hearts u16’s.

2. Even if he claims he didn’t look at her bio, he clearly knew 100% she was underage or there’s no chance he would be sending emojis instead of coming out and saying it explicitly. If he thought she was of age he wouldn’t have been trying to cover his *.

People wonder why women are so scared to come forward when we’ve got people defending a complete * waster and victim blaming a 15 year old because of what she was wearing in a photo.

He’s a nonce and should be getting chased anytime he sets foot outside his house.

6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Like what?

She played for Hearts under 16’s

7. h0tsh0t87

victim blaming I didn’t blame her once . He obviously knew she was underage ? The majority of her photos were her in her underwear or bikinis ? She had tens of thousands of followers mainly older men do you think they knew ? , did Instagram know they allowed a 15 year old to post photos in there underwear ..... don’t talk silly . Did u see the photos your telling me looking at the photos in question you knew she was under age ...

yes she played for hearts under 16 but I doubt he looked at the bio .

the girl herself says age was never mentioned and she doesn’t beleive that if griffiths knew her age he would have messaged her ?

so

a girl posts lots of photos in her underwear and bikini on Instagram photos they allowed - no age mentioned

she describes herself as a influencer ( what most glamour type models , only fans people use as a job title )

has thousands of followers mainly older men .

and said herself if griffiths knew her age she doesn’t think he would ha messaged her .

The two other story’s that came out on the same day about him talking to under age girls were found out to be completely untrue and two girls photos were stolen to make fake profiles .

there is zero evidence to suggest that griffiths knew she was underage and no actual real evidence it was done before just fans hatred from both sides.

griffiths is a idiot and has burnt his bridges at Celtic . He has brought the wanted attention to the club and is a distraction the new manager doesn’t need . And what he did to his partner and kids by trying to get nudes from someone who I beleive he thought was 18 is the scummiest thing I have seen as they stood by him and all his issues over the years

Artorias and seanm like this.
  8. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Why are there so many people trying to defend him? Just because he’s a professional footballer for a club we love and possibly a favoured player?

Football players get away with so much and take advantage of so much it’s unbelievable. Almost like they live in a different world with different rules.

If he wasn’t a footballer for Celtic, there is no way anyone would be defending this.

I try not to message for this type of stuff because it is difficult until the investigation has been completed or he’s found guilty. But it seems quite clear he has messaged this girl.

People have said her bio mentions she plays for hearts under 16s! Do you really think he looked at her story, thought oh she looks fit then didn’t check out her profile and look at her other pictures?

Also, if she’s a football player then he could be an idol or just in general she could be flattered a professional player has messaged her. She’s a kid, it’s definitely taking advantage.

Then he’s messaging very weirdly trying to be subtle and ask for photos using the camera emoji.

I couldn’t care if “she looks 18”, he’s a top pro in Scotland so he is always under a spotlight no matter what he does. He should be asking there age.

Also, he has a wife, children and a girlfriend? I think? Absolutely wrong and disgusting to be doing that as well, although not illegal just wrong.

What if this was your daughter, sister, relative or friend? How different would you feel then?

Also, people saying he shouldn’t be on social media… that doesn’t mean this wouldn’t happen. I guess it’s ok if nobody hears about it?

And people also saying “but loads of older men have messaged her” or something along those lines. Doesn’t make it right or ok, all of it is disgusting.

If you know someone whose been through anything like this or worse, you’re mindset would change completely.

There’s so much more that could be said but people trying to defend this is unbelievable. Take football out of it and then think about it.

seanm likes this.
  9. Markybhoy

Nonce. If Celtic have any self respect they will cast him aside.

seanm likes this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Seen elsewhere that police have found no criminality involved. Shouldn’t matter a *, he should be out the door. Realise there will be employment law to be factored in but he should not pull on a Celtic shirt again.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Well its a criminal offence to ask under 18 year old girls for naked snaps. So either because he used an emoji it didn't count or it was a fake like the following 2 accusers have been proven to be. If he's got out of jail so to speak via emoji usage then aye he should not play again, if its a fake claim then no reason to stop him playing.

12. h0tsh0t87

You said it he’s a footballer he probably gets hundreds of messages a day so it’s very unlikely he checks bios . * my Instagram is full of people I don’t know I comment and like there photos . I don’t check bios or even who I add or adds me .
    Instagram allowed a 15 year old to post intimate photos of herself for months on there platform ? So should they be charge for failing to protect a child ?

every single bit of evidence suggests that griffiths and the thousands of other people who were friends with her on Instagram had no idea of her age . Again how could a 15 year old post photos online of herself in her underwear for a long period of time and not have her account closed .

you said u don’t understand why fans are defending him ? I don’t understand why fans are trying to paint him as a nonce when the girl herself stated age was never never discussed and she doesn’t beleive he would have messaged her if he knew her age .

people said he obviously knew she was underage .... how have you seen the photos there’s no part of the photos on her profile that suggests she was underage .

the post above said police said there is no criminal offence of course there was not it’s clear he didn’t know her age. Every bit of evidence shows this .

But as I said I beleive he should be sacked as he’s bringing a distraction to Celtic once again not to mention what he has done to his wife who supported him through his issues is just wrong

Artorias likes this.
  13. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    First off, your instant reaction is literally he probably gets thousands of messages a day and your Instagram is full of people you don’t know. Does that really mean it’s ok? Does it *. It’s actually even worse that he’s a footballer who gets thousands of messages a day, he should be so much more careful and definitely checking the age. It’s a simple question, how old are you?

There’s a huge difference between liking a photo and going out your way to message and ask for pictures.

Now I’m going to assume she isn’t naked in the pictures that were on instagram, otherwise yeah that’s a completely different matter. So worst case, she’s what in a bikini? or not wearing much more clothes. Is she not allowed to post pictures like that? It’s ok for a guy to post pictures with his top off, but a female shows a bit of body and oh * it’s her fault? I guess when woman go out wearing little to no clothes it’s also there fault if they get harassed?

I feel so sorry for woman, it must be terrifying not being able to just go out and be comfortable.

Now I’ve no idea who she is. But I’ve seen the screenshots of the messages and I’ve read what the papers say. It’s clear he’s went more than liking a photo or commenting on a photo. He’s messaged her asking for more in a discreet way. Why is he messaging a camera emoji, then nothing killed it? Then have a think and get back to me? He could simply ask the question or be more direct. It feels sneaky.

He’s a much older man and she’s a kid (even if she’s 16/17). It’s wrong, plain and simple. Everyone has also said her profile bio says under 16 football player for hearts. I just find it difficult to believe he wouldn’t have read her bio.

And if I’m completely wrong and he’s found innocent, I’m more than able to admit I was wrong.

14. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Honestly dont know why hes not been binned yet, theres no coming back from this.

15. h0tsh0t87

seanm likes this.
  16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    So it's the child's fault? Is that what you are saying @h0tsh0t87 ?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Must be as he’s saying it’s not teacakes fault. Still hasn’t answered my question to what evidence points to her being 18.

ApartPidgeon and NomDePlum like this.
  18. h0tsh0t87

no not a the child’s fault at all But from what has been said the police has spoke to her and her parents about what’s appropriate to post online.

and griffiths should be booted from the club and banned from the internet .

the girl posted photos online which are not appropriate for a minor to post and griffiths is messaging people who I beleive he thought was 18 which is still creepy when he’s 30 with a family at home .

the girl wasn’t pressured , no photos were exchanged and the girl stated that she doesn’t think griffiths would have messaged it he knew her age .

educating the girl on what’s appropriate to post online was a correct move and sacking griffiths will also be the correct move

Artorias likes this.
  19. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I didn’t specifically say she had a terrifying experience but yeah it must be terrifying to be a female in this world.

She doesn’t believe he knew her age, why is that even a thing? It really shouldn’t matter. He still messaged her in a sneaky way, and ok let’s accept he didn’t know her age. It’s still weird and wrong and doesn’t make it any more legal. It’s not a valid argument if you’re in court. I’m sorry I didn’t know her age but she looked at least 18 in her pictures… guess that’s fine just let him off with it?

Why can she not post photos of what she wants if it isn’t illegal? She shouldn’t be allowed to post a picture in a bikini for example? It’s not her fault men can be creepy and sexualise everything, that’s one of the biggest issues in the world right now.

Just curious to know now is it ok for guys to take pictures with their top off? Because loads of guys post pictures in just their shorts and I’ve never seen complaints.

What generation am I from? I’m closer to her age than he is, born in the 90s. Though I don’t see what that has to do with anything. I don’t understand why posting pictures of yourself where you’re not naked and not posting illegal photos is wrong. Even if they’re trying to grow a following and gain brand deals or whatever like you suggest, what is she doing wrong? Does that make it her fault?

Like I asked previously, if a woman walks down a street in a bikini is she asking to get comments and harassed?

She hasn’t done anything wrong. He clearly has.

20. h0tsh0t87

Sorry I didn’t think you were being serious . If u go on tilk tok or Instagram it’s full of people promoting brands or things like only fans .

to get people to follow them they post lots of photos of themselves in bikinis , underwear etc that’s how they get there following and brand deals.

this girls profile was full of these type of photos and she had tens of thousands of followers . Why would a 15 year old be allowed to post underwear