1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Onefootwonder

I've not been keeping up with how this all started.

How did Grittiths first get into contact with the girl? Did he approach her? How did it become public?

We all know Instagram is full of fake and filtered photos. It is hard to tell the ages of anyone with so much editing going on. Jumping straight in asking for nude photos is at best incredibly stupid and creepy. Someone as stupid as Griffiths should still know better.

If the pictures doesn't make a person look 15 it shouldn't take much chat to notice a different level of maturity.

2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Tbh i think he’s only fit enough to score from the bench, can you imagine him trying to play for 45 minutes lol.

Anyway his career is finished now

honda likes this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Staggering people are even defending him as a footballer let alone as a professional worthy of a club our size.

We should've shown him the door when he turned up unfit and out of shape last summer, now all of this * as soon as he gets yet another chance he doesn't deserve just makes us and him look like complete fools.

Why anyone makes a case for him just because he can score the odd free kick and had a good season under Deila is beyond me.

Also, questioning the morals of the girls and journos before questioning Griffiths' morals is pathetic. He shouldn't even have social media at this point.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'm 34 and if I was single and had an Instagram account I wouldn't be liking and interacting with random 18 year old lassies..

It's creepy as * and by law there'd be nothing wrong with what I'd done..

His is a lot lot worse than that for obvious reason's..

He isn’t being stitched up at all. He's made a * of it all by his own wrongun doings..

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thats true. My point though the only proof to begin with was some random screen shot. Infact has there been any other proof? What if it turns out that wasn't a real screen shot? Inocent until guilty.

BTW as time goes on and no statement from him its more obviously true and he's * and deservedly so. My initial point stands though.

The police will now have access to all his stuff and things could get even worse. He could end up in jail and deserved.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Would be pretty easy for authorities to rule that out I'd imagine by taking his phone from him..

7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I honestly believe the reason he hangs about these social media places sniffing after 15 year old girls is because that's his own mental age.

Thick as * and creepy, like an auld * at a nightclub making an * of himself.

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I just edited that before you replied with just that. Things could get alot worse because that won't be the only time.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    In essence I agree - if it was someone like Callum McGregor or Kristopher Ajer I'd be deeply suspicious of the claims. But, it's Leigh Griffiths, a guy who has previous for doing the ridiculous on social media and who has * his career over the last few years by virtue of his unprofessionalism. As I've said before, he should be nowhere near social media. I don't think he's a paedo - sadly, he's just a idiotic, brainless wee ned who happens to be good at foorball.

I think it's reasonable that most people will have their doubts as to his innocence.

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye I agree. No statement or anything. No defend these claims vigorously etc so he's guilty but at the time it could have went either way and i don't like people instantly being called liars. I understand my initial thoughts was disbelief, so didn't believe the girl. Apologies, they should be taken seriously aswel so im no better.

If he's been caught with this one, the police look into his account, how many more will they find? Maybe some sent photos we don't know, maybe he never knew with them either, but thats not an excuse and jail time could be lurking.

FranceCelt likes this.
  11. StevieBhoooy!

I said ‘victims’ because nothing is as yet proven , just as LG’s ‘guilt’ is unproven.

I wasn’t referring specifically to women actually although obviously it is in this case (possibly underage also)…

… I agree it can be difficult and some (either *) may feel reluctant to come forward immediately but there should be some that have strength of feeling to do so ASAP. Instead we tend to have a snowball type effect (as in this case) with other historic accusations following the big news story…

Not coming forward - even if difficult - only allows an offender to continue and can appear to weaken your own position if left for a long time… neither a good situation. You are allowed to disagree but it’s not a blanket thing for me.

…… and as I was really pointing out … the media (especially when it’s a negative Celtic story) are only too happy to oblige…. some of what they dig up could prejudice or influence a potential case and I don’t quite get why they aren’t told to back off.

As said previously … who knows what Pish the rags make up and embellish anyway?!?

I actually don’t even think this stuff should be getting reported….

Is it not the case that this is just a ‘matter of police interest’ as things stand ? And the only action taken is that he was sent home from training by Celtic? No charges as of yet. I’m not defending him but if this was to fizzle into nothing … the reporting can’t be reversed and individuals, families and ceitic fc will all have been damaged.

If there’s a case, it should just happen as part of the legal process and IF there is an outcome that the public need to know about…. THEN it should be news… this sort of trial by media coverage is damaging to all concerned whether there is a crime or not.

Social media should be a no-go area for professional footballers…. Just like gambling on the sport.

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's had a history of falling out with managers, chanting offensive songs about Rudi Skacel, and now this. Also, he has received treatment for depression. He will be found guilty, but I think he is not a monster, but someone who has always had problems that are hard to resolve without consistent counseling. Some players have bad luck with injuries, others with mental illness.

13. h0tsh0t87

So let me get this right griffiths liked a photo of a girl in her underwear in a model type photo . Her profile is full of similar photo . In her profile she describes herself as a influencer and have thousand of other followers a lot of them older men . Age was never mentioned ....... how is he meant to know or even suspect the person is 15-16 years old . Is it normal for Instagram to allow a 15-16 year old with thousand of followers to posts photos in there underwear ?

The girl herself said if griffiths knew her age he would not have spoke to her .

two other story’s came out at the same time with “ private messages between griffiths and underaged girls “ yet the girls photo which was used on these profiles have said they are fake and has went to the police as her image was being used .

I think griffiths should be sacked 100% as he is meant to be role model for our younger fans and a 30 year old man messaging someone who I imagine he though was 18 while he has a wife and kids at home who supported him through his issue is not someone I want associated with the club .

But all these people that are calling him a pedofile etc need to get a grip. People take there own life for things like that .

In shops when buying cigarettes and alcohol there’s a challenge 25 rule as it’s very difficult to know who is under and over age . Again a girl who has thousands of followers , discribes herself as a influencer and posts photos of herself in her underwear there is no way without asking her age to even suspect she’s under age

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There is a good chance IF Griffith is guilty of asking a minor for nude photos he will be listed as not being suitable to be near children. That may well be done without or prior to prosecution if he is charged and as part of the police flagging his case as involving a child and the nature of the charge.

If he is found to have been to have repeatedly done this sort of thing I'd say it's certain that happens as it will be seen as predatory.

Him not making sure of their age could be seen as a red flag too if bring a predator. There is a reason why some shops won't sell alcohol to anyone under 21.

If Griffith was younger - 18 - 24, I'd guess, that might and probably shoul be considered, but he is nowhere near that.

It's absolutely not a childs responsibility to ensure she is not approached by adults. It is 100% the adults is how I understand it. That seems right to me.

Griffith is an *, he has to take responsibility for that or be held to account IF the accusations are true.

From what I can see it does look like there is something to be investigated here and that Griffith could easily have avoided being put in this situation. Whether he is found guilty or not, so I have no sympathy for him. Those around him yes, but not him.

A number of other children do have been dragged into this as well, some through photoshopping fake reports, some as alleged victims. That's who I feel concerned for.

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Then maybe he should of asked rather than seeking pics.

AdamRS likes this.
  16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The pic he commented on was on her story and was titled shame you couldn’t keep up , he’s been a clown and been thinking with his D at the end off the day he’s still an idiot and it’s games a bogey for him.

17. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    She's also a full on bigot from what I hear.

I am absolutely sceptical about that particular story.

But the messaging of teenagers, showing up to preseason out of shape and being called out for poor fitness by three separate managers are real facts.

He's behaved disgracefully for a long time now.

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    None of what you say is a valid excuse.

He isn't being stitched up, he is responsible for his actions. No one else.

He's in a relationship for a start, so he shouldn't be going behind her back and breaking her trust. He shouldn't be a creepy * and be messaging strangers asking for nudes.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  19. RiquelmeCSC

I’m not saying he should either. I’m saying he is being called a nonce when he shouldn’t. Is he in the wrong - yes! Does it appear to be an intentional criminal act - no.

That’s the only point I’m trying to make. However who is this bird now coming out the woodwork to say he has been filming her and her family - just seems very convenient to say the least.

Listen I’m not trying to defend him in full, I wanted him gone two year ago when he started all his *. But I just think there is a lot more to this story than the rags would have you believe.

Artorias likes this.
  20. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    His neighbour, her old man’s a millionaire pumped a fair amount intae that mob