1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

To be honest, the Green Brigade can carry out as much protests as they want, but ultimately they have given in to what the board need the most, season ticket money. In my opinion they have shat the nest, like many others. A proper statement was required after what has gone on the past year, not in the form of words, but in the form of actions. Was it difficult to not renew, absolutely. It is a day out for me, and has been for pretty much all of my life, something you look forward to. Enough was enough though, and until I see a change in direction from the current board, or a change in board, then I won't be spending another penny. Don't complain throughout the season if the board continue with the way the treat us, there was a real chance to make a real statement to them right now, and the fans in general haven't done so.

2. Sgt Neppers*

At the this rate, they're gonna need those fences back.

#Sacktheboard

martin_d, thailandceltic and Artorias like this.
  3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Shoot the board

thailandceltic and Artorias like this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nah, 15,000km is more than enough distance between the board and our super duper real fans.

5. john2061

If things go pear shaped over the next month or so it's not the manager's fault and yeah with the board got most of the season ticket money in they can * off the support again this season and we have only ourselves to blame as this mob need chased out the club .

thailandceltic, Twisty and Peej like this.
  6. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Out of curiosity, is there anyone who isn’t worried about the lack of first team transfers?

I’d say Ange looks worried

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If you want to remove a weed you don't just trim it, you dig up the root so it can no longer grow.

Right now i feel we've got the secateurs out and we're just doing a bit of pruning.

I'm beginning to think it dosen't matter who the manager is, it'll be the same * repeated over and over until there is proper change from within.

martin_d and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  8. john2061

I don't blame him as that back four looks horrendous and it's not for the lack of money as 52000 season tickets renewed and 16 million in out going transfers I think it's a lack of ambition from these clowns .

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I also refuse to accept any sense of us being "skint" and blaming Covid.

We where 30-40million in the good before Covid, they got full ST money off the fans, a new Adidas deal worth more than the NB deal, they got what must have been record sales on shirts and merch (if not close to it) last season, they brought in £16million worth of player sales as well.
    They have now also got another full whack of ST sales, the wage bill has been trimmed, merch is still selling out the door fairly fast and we did not take up the covid money from the govt/spfl

WE ARE NOT SKINT!

At worst, that 30-40million in the bank is down to 10million in the bank. But we would still be looking to generate another £5million+ from this season coming to add to that, so really, there is money there.

Why they are penny pinching at a time of a new manager coming in is * beyond me.

martin_d and AdamRS like this.
  10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Every last one of them should be dragged put by the neck. Desmond first.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  11. Sgt Neppers*

No rebuild happening of any sort, needing to sell before we buy, the forcing of coaches on the new manager. The failure to be ready for any CL qualifications, losing many millions of pounds for year after year. Writing off this year by lack of support and planning for Ange....its all on this scumbag board. * parasites. A cancer of the club.

Sack the board!!!!!

thailandceltic likes this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Got rid of Lennon. Kept the board.

Stagnation at its finest.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  13. James Gold Member Gold Member

Mckay said himself we were in a better position than most after the lockdown and basically insinuated we were stockpiling cash pre covid

martin_d and Peej like this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly.

Which makes no sense why we are rumoured to need to sell Ajer before we can pull the trigger on a £4million Swedish defender. Makes zero sense.
    But they seem content to let that be a narrative, much like they was content to allow the Howe saga run its course, even though the strong story is that they knew before they announced ST renewals, that he wasn't coming in.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    James likes this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I can see now why Rodgers couldn't wait to * off lol.

16. green-yin

Was called a drama queen for being ragin at the lack of signings last week lol. Just over a week later and were stopping negotiations because were waiting for some mythical 20mil fee for a player on his last year of his contract. Season ticket money in the bank so they are not giving a *. Ange being * over big time. If this continues much longer i would love him to walk. Its the least those * deserve.

Peej likes this.
  17. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    They have got the Book money in they don’t give 2 * and nothing will change that

18. joemc

"Campaign of removal" if this team fail to qualify for cl groups we should target thier removal with every ounce of breath we have , they have had so many opportunities to get this right prior to the qualifiers and failed on every fkn count , they are allowing negativity to spread and hamper the managers abilities, I feel rage inside at thier ineptitude.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Unfortunately no one will do anything, yet again.

Some protests will happen, which will be shot down and told how disrespectful we are.

Some folk will make noise about teaching them a lesson, but in reality will hand over their money no problem what so ever.
    Our support, as a collective are fickle and easily conned. No different from most set of fans to be honest.

King of Kings likes this.
  20. joemc

I think this 1 may be the straw that broke the camel, transfer business in our club is worse than pathetic.

Peej likes this.