1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GreenLeanMean

:84:
    Looks positive, high tempo at least. If the players can all buy into it and we pull it off then we could be onto some good football

Barry Robson likes this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd like to see more of this sort of stuff. Rather than the musical * they churned out under Lennon to mask that nothing was happening on training pitch.

No one will expect us to give away any secret drills or anything, but once a week or so to show us that hard work is being done, that maybe a player under pressure does show in training he is grafting, returning from injury and being encouraged - we then get to know he is due to return etc.

Or (for an example) set piece defending was a disaster under Lennon, should something like that be the case with Ange, then these sort of mic'd up videos that show Ange has understood/acknowledge the flaw and is encouraging the team to do better (of course not showing exactly how we setup in a defensive set piece).

It's engagement to the fans from the club, but it also gives us a better insight in to OUR product.

Do that weekly, do a fan media monthly (or fortnightly?), Make reasonable statement/pr news instead of the eerie silence when the fans are clearly angry and needing news.

None of that is hard and would be a breath of fresh air from the club as far as communication and engagement is concerned.

I know I've went on a tangent now :56:

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Lupis likes this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Another person's weight is none of our business though.

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    When is Ajer is due back to training?

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange smilies though PicsArt_07-03-11.55.08.png

Lebo, VT8, Cammaris and 3 others like this.
  6. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Well, of course. Just pointing out that it’s a totally different kettle of fish with Lenny and Ange: some clearly must have felt Lenny’s own physical backward steps were indicative of a wider carelessness and lack of attention - which (although not strictly logically necessary) is totally justified as a general feeling, given that the team was going to rack and ruin at the time.

With Ange, there’s probably the opposite sense. That is, while everyone knows that the guy’s weight is mostly irrelevant to how he does his job, the fact that he’s come over here looking leaner than in previous times gives an impression that he’s taking his own health seriously. This also makes folk more inclined to think he’ll treat the club’s health the same.

However, Ange could be 25st and still no one would say a thing. Is that unfair on Lenny? Not really: Ange has the favour of supporters because he’s actually trying a leg, not to mention also building relationship with the fans, and not openly going along with the board narrative that we’re ‘entitled’.

There’s no accounting for folk being judgmental about weight, but to give it the ‘poor Lenny’ because Ange isn’t copping it the same is just ridiculous. It wasn’t double standards: it was a fan base scunnered with a manager who was meant to be one of them but was instead - at every turn - treating them like *. If some guys got a bit too personal with him about it then boo fecking hoo.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  7. Maestro 08

Being honest mate you seem very needy. I would much rather we just got our * together on the pitch rather than wanting constant engagement about how we are training etc. Maybe it's just me but the social media age seems to have turned people to this shallow, demanding mindset of needing constant engagement. I think we can do a bit better with our output but we shouldn't be going down the path of becoming a gimmicky, social media focused product. Which is basically what you are craving.

Liam Scales likes this.
  8. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

9. Al Bootyerbaws

I'm just happy to see some * in charge of us who looks interested and not just standing there looking hungover with a scowl on his face.

Noskeil and Boruc17 like this.
  10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  11. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The most positive bit I took from the video was him saying we always move. Even if we're not in possession we always move because it makes the passing easier. The amount of times I've watched us in recent seasons and our players would just be standing waiting for Eddy or Jamesie or whoever to do something sublime and not bother their arses to make a run, or try and take a defender away to make a gap was possibly the single most frustrating thing for me. Added to that the bit he says when we get in the final third get it out wide quick crosses and finish.

Lebo, Lewis Kerr, Crilly and 2 others like this.
  12. AussieGreek

I've consistently been seeing comments like this made by Aussie-based Rangers fans on social media over the few weeks.

It's in complete contrast to Rangers fans outside of Australia who are just mocking and being the usual c***s.

The Aussie Rangers fans know what's coming their way once the Celtic squad is settled.

upload_2021-7-3_14-19-29.png

VT8, Jeannie960 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  13. Maestro 08

Yeah you can tell what he's aiming for. It's gonna be exciting, if a little hairy at times. If he keeps pushing these messages with regularity (not just when he's 'Mic'd up') we'll be much better off for it.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm very slowly coming round to next season, very slowly.

I'm optimistic one minute and start to buy in, then I read of new contracts for dross and wasters and I regress back into melancholy.

Bipolar FC.

Cena likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It absolutely is double standards. I'm not giving it 'poor Lenny' either, I'm delighted he's gone.

Mickmac likes this.
  16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  17. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Correct... movement off the ball was horrendous last year nobody making space for a pass etc

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
  19. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Yeah the last player I can remember who’d make runs in behind frequently was Sinclair and he always created chances or Atleast space with them

seanm likes this.
  20. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    You brought up the issue; you think Lenny was treated unfairly. That’s ‘poor Lenny’ to me. Short memory if you think much of what came his way from us was unfair; should go back and listen to some of his press conferences - the contempt for the fans was deplorable. That’s still no excuse for fat shaming granted, but folk had no patience left for him.

If you can’t see the difference between that and a guy coming in, brimming with enthusiasm and wanting to share that with the support, you want to go and look up the definition of ‘double standards’, because Lenny’s situation and attitude towards the fans couldn’t come anywhere near being the same as Ange’s is just now. Of course they’re not going to lose patience with him and make petty comments like they did with Lenny. What a ridiculous thing to expect.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    thailandceltic likes this.