1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin Nisbet

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Henrik 07, Jul 2, 2021.

Discuss Kevin Nisbet in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. saltire78

Haven't seen a lot of him in honesty, but stats and international status alone says he's worth at least £3m in all seriousness. Insane to look for less to be accepted. Offer that and maybe 15% sell-on and I reckon it would get over the line pretty quickly. Dither and he's gone like McGinn, for sure. Upto Ange if he's worth it/wanted

Big Shoes likes this.
  2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

So a few goals in the lower Scottish leagues and a call up to the national team equals £4m? Bollocks. I’d take the punt on him for £2-2.5m.

3. saltire78

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership/top-scorers

Yup! Lower leagues... He's joint 2nd best in the premier mate! Only Eddy got more... :confused:
    Before that he played 59 matches in 2 years in the championship and scored 47 goals. Hardly a chump change performance either.

Would you accept £4m for Eddy? He hasn't even a full call up yet... At 24 he's coming into his prime years, he's already scoring and getting international matches, and it's very arrogant to say he's worth peanuts

4. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    we should've went for him when he was doing better than shankland last year. we may have to over pay now but he will do a job no bother for us in the league for sure

5. Heb Celt

Decent goal scoring record but worth £4mil come on.

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Where does most of our money come from? Fans, season ticket sales and merchandise. Some seasons we got a good European run, but that’s few.

saying it doesn’t come from the fans pockets is just * lies. Because if we didn’t have such a fan base we would be another small Scottish team, that’s a fact.

The second part of the post *? You are just going off topic now. At what point did I say anything about buying players from other counties for 2 million? :56:

7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    What's Eddy not getting a full call up got anything to do with it. Eddy has to fight with Griezeman, Benzema and Mbappe for a place, Nisbet has to fight with Lyndon Dykes.

8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Haggling over £1m for a clubs top goalscorer just makes us look tinpot. If we're serious, pay the fee and bring him in. We don't have time to * about and miss out on our targets.

Big Shoes likes this.
  9. Sin

My original post that you quoted!

I asked there if people would prefer the club to buy 2 or 3 players for 2 million each and we never see them play for Celtic.

So no, I wasn't going off topic.

10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Agree with the general consensus.

Would take a punt, but not anything over 2.5m.

There's better for cheaper than the 4m odds being bandied about.

Also the comparisons to the McGinn scenario are way off the mark.
    McGinn was seen as a natural successor to Scott Brown and a kid with a real future.

Nisbet, by in large, is seen as a natural successor to the * cheeks of whoever's * is going to be vacating the bench.

Slaw likes this.
  11. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m unsure on him, and I couldn’t really care about the price.

He’s scored a decent amount of goals in the prem but a lot in the champ, I’d like to think with us he’d get better chances and score more.

I’d say £4million for him over Bayo and Klimala at £2ish million each is less risky and probably better value.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Why the * do people constantly feel the need to compare players with player x,y and z in these discussions? Can people seriously not do their own thinking without saying like “eh naw bo worth it because we never paid this n that for John McGinn n he’s better” blah blah * blah!

IF Celtic are interested in Nisbet, then they should expect to pay close to what Hibs are asking for him. We did it with Turnbull, so what’s the difference here?

We have money to spend ffs, this is why we always lose out on players by haggling like *. We got (reportedly) £3m for Klimala - so what’s the beef with paying an extra £1m for the guy?

trackebhoy, Crilly, JC Anton and 2 others like this.
  13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    People like to compare value for money. I completely understand it. You do it with cars, why not footballers?

I like Nisbet. I don't like him enough to spend a huge amount on and I think £4m is a huge amount. Under £2.5m with a player(s) exchange, whether that be permanent or loaned, would be ideal. He's not good enough to be our main striker, he may surprise us all and turn out like that over time (highly doubted), but he's more than good enough to offer something for us over the course of the season.

Slaw likes this.
  14. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Hibs are * they hate us and won’t sell for that. Why should they tbf to them. They want to keep him and he still has 3 years left in his contract

avitar likes this.
  15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Never understood why fans would give a * if we paid 3 million or 4 million.. seriously who gives a *.. if we don't spend it it just sits in the bank and the * on the board get it in bonuses.

If the manager wants him and we have to pay a few quid more just effin pay it.. some of the players we have missed out on because of an extra few quid is absolutely disgraceful..

As I said before we are paying for his potential. If he bangs in 30 odd goals he will head south for twice what we paid eventually.. rant over ha

16. DamienCorkBhoy

I'd be fairly sure our manager knows nothing about Kevin Nisbit.

trackebhoy likes this.
  17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Why?

18. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    As someone mentioned before I think it would be good for both parties 2.5/3m with a sell on % going to Hibs.

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I addressed a specific part. Hence why you are going off topic.

Did I mention anything about that in my original reply? No.

I specifically mentioned the money out of fans pockets….. at no point did I mention anything about the first part of the post.

So yeah off topic pal.

20. Sin

I did mention it and I'll mention it again.

Would you rather the money got spent on 2 or 3 players that will never play for Celtic?

Also to your point.

When I said about fans complaining about if a player is worth 4 million and I said it's not coming out their pocket so why complain, I was meaning that the entire 4 million wouldn't come out that fans pocket so why complain?

I couldn't care less if we pay 3 million or 4 million, if the manager wants him then get him in, * around like this is why we miss out on players and it's * embarrassing.