1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Youth/Development Team Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, Oct 25, 2014.

Discuss Youth/Development Team Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Nah, if they were they wouldn’t be playing for our development side.

The crux of the side won’t be the guys you’re mentioning regardless, it’ll be the teenagers who need developed not the guys that have already got first team experience at Celtic or elsewhere.

Liam Scales likes this.
  2. Mr Cleansheets

Tell ye one thing fer nowt... it's a great time to be part of the youth set up. Ange is famous for spotting a bringing through youth.

Noskeil likes this.
  3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Get what your saying and agree to an extent, it’s better than the alternative we have now, which is nada. The lowland league ain’t that good but there are some good teams in the league all digging for a birth in Scotland’s main setup. Match sharpness and learning to play together as a team.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    Peej likes this.
  4. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye but Kenny Dalglish went on loan to Cumbernauld United and look at the career he had...

Seriously though I think there are some benefits to be gained, playing against physical teams will make sure they are tougher, it’s going to be competitive and actually challenging for leagues and cups and some of the sides in the league are better than league 2 and league 1 sides.

I’m also pretty sure Chris McCart said on the podcast they’ll be playing younger players than normal. So doubt the likes of Connell, Karamoko, Henderson, etc will be in the team.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    @Ché telling me recently he was our best prospect :90:

Valhalla likes this.
  7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    First the Strachan comment then this.

Honestly a * jinx :giggle1:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    How do you use this mute/block button again? :fear:

Valhalla likes this.
  9. dmac

Why are we even thinking of selling any of the young player's to Leeds, we need to be bringing them on

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Fantastic news.

Bored of these reconstruction talks going on tbh, the SFA need to say this is happening if your not happy there’s the door, go back to the * or junior leagues if your not happy. SFA have done nothing to aid or progress our game in 30+ years.

The_Bhoy and turks1888 like this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The youngsters getting a preseason with Ange is massive man.

Crilly and Noskeil like this.
  13. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m hopeful at least 3 or 4 are ready for the first team… Lee O’Connor, Luca Connell, Ewan Henderson, Scott Robertson, Karamoko Dembele, Leo Hjelde and maybe a few more.

14. saltire78

The youngsters (colts, not underage) always get a preseason with the 1st team. What happens next though is that only 2 or 3 get brought in for more and they almost never play. What'll be huge is if they actually get starts and serious game time. And I've a funny feeling that they will... There's real talent there, for sure, if we're ballsy enough to take the leap on them with 2nd halves and the likes.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No they don’t.

A few might get called up but Ange is basically taking the full team because of the Euro’s and players who were away on international duty.

16. Crilly Hakuhna matata

They’ll have more of a chance than they usually would now though with a good few senior players still away and the new manager in for them to impress. Great chance for them wednesday.

17. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I tend not to get to over hopefull about the youth players these days and their chances, but this season I must confess to doing just that. Looking simply at that training video the likes of Ottoo and Hjelde, and maybe Murray and Robertson look to have sharpness and decent physiques. It's now up to them to impress. I think Rodgers had huge pressure in regards the moment he came in it was all about the 10. Maybe too much to risk playing youngsters or maybe they simply weren't ready. With Lennon I said from the start he wasn't the guy to give youth a chance, and certainly not the guy to have them flourish and coach them into better players. I think Ange may be the guy to change things.

18. Foley1888

As others have said you would imagine a few will get the chance in these early friendlies to show if they are up to it. Given how threadbare we remain there is a good few opportunities for guys to stake a claim.

Obviously RB is open just now and LB is someone’s to grab if they can show something. CB is thin on the ground and most of the players we have been linked to are young guys too or going to be at the Olympics.

In CM, someone to be a ball winner or a box to box option is there. Right wing there is a slot to be competition to Forrest and left wing is someone’s to own.

We aren’t going to be able to fill all those positions with youth players but there’s not been an opportunity like this for them for sometime to stake a claim and show where what we have is enough without needing new signings in certain areas.

19. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Hoping O'Connor too. Think Luca connell could have a big year. His range of passing will defo suit the new play style.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member