1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    So he's accepted a player who wasn't fully signed and is agreeing to go along with the sviatchenko deal.

I fail to see how either of these are his choices, so yes he is accepting these things being put on him - a yes man.

He's been announced a week ago, not one but of information suggests any other staff member are following him and neither of the two idiots currently at the club have stepped down or been removed from their roles. So he is accepting them as well.

Normally when a manager takes a new job and has multiple staff joining him, the are mentioned at least in a press release.

Nothing suggests this at all.

Calling it as we see it, we are well used to this board acting in this way and there is zero evidence to suggest anything had changed.

There was once a day many years ago that we all thought surely Lennon wouldn't be the boards puppet....he was. Massively.

So as much as I do hope Ange is a success, it's pretty * hard to see him as anything but a yes man at present.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

seanm and bhoy81 like this.
  2. MAP

Let me guess, not a shred of evidence to support this.

At least your previous post re Sviatchenko you relied on a rumour.

DennyCelt and Sydneysider like this.
  3. Mr Cleansheets

Difficult times right now with very unusual conditions.

Can't comment on players the board (or their sycophants) may have already brought in, but Ange won't - I suspect - make his true presence felt until the Parkhead soil is under his boots.

Then you'll start to see. Challenges he certainly faces, but he aint a yes man.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Are we saying Shaw didn't get paraded yesterday?

seanm likes this.
  5. Rossmc

Has Ange travelled to the UK yet? It’s obvious that the quicker he can start his 10 day isolation the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  6. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'm waiting for this to be communicated until I actually believe it.

My fear all along has been that the board never intended to hire a manager who wasn't willing to accept Kennedy and Strachan as sidekicks.

But as I said, the club needs to confirm this is happening.

Peej likes this.
  7. MAP

Are you saying the signing of Shaw somehow shows Postecoglou to be a 'yes' man?

Are you saying Shaw wasn't signed during Lennon's reign?

Could be Postecoglou thinks Shaw is *'s gift to football.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Why would you think he hasn’t brought in his own staff yet?

9. JamesM09

I really hope you’re right.

The good thing is it should be pretty easy to tell fairly soon.

If he doesn’t bring in his own staff and punt Kennedy and Strachan then we’ll know he’s a yes man.

If a signing like Sviatchenko goes through then it’s pretty clear too.

I think there’s a couple of worrying signs early on but it is still very early, so we will see.

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Mr Cleansheets

I don't know but I read somewhere he'd be announcing his staff over the next fortnight.

Makes sense that he thinks about it given what he's walking into. His latest assistants (Ontong and Hutcho) are comparatively new to the Ange setup so he'll be weighing them against what he thinks he might need at Celtic. There's a huge need (I think) for him to have some on the ground Scottish knowledge that's not foist on him by the board - so I'd love Maloney - but he'll also want someone used to his methods. Arthur Pappas is a possibility. Maloney plus Pappas or Hutcho would be the dream team.

Fingers crossed.

VT8 and Liam Scales like this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Hopefully that’s the way it works out but with Strachan and Kennedy taking pre-season I’m sceptical.

seanm and Seán Mac D like this.
  12. Mr Cleansheets

Yeah, Ange has a reputation for walking in and clearing the deadwood, but I think that's mainly been about players in the past. Don't know if he's faced this kind of backroom situation before but my expectation would be - if they're initially forced on him - that he'll shunt them aside if he can't work with them.

He won't suffer fools, but who knows...even they might blossom under the Ange system.

*! I just saw a pig fly past!

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Surely they'll be talking to the manager, the boss right now. Planning exactly how to set out training the way he wants. So in reality it won't matter if Kennedy etc is helping for a we bit. They'll be doing Exactly what he says. If they don't then he knows to ship them.

Mickmac and craigtheceltic like this.
  14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    When does the dude actually arrive at CP ? :lol:

MagicBallBhoy and seanm like this.
  15. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Consider this and please respond if you wish.
    Would Scotland have qualified for the 1966 World Cup in England if there were at least 7 Celtic FC players in the first 11 team ?

I ask this because Portugal came third overall after being beaten by England 2-1 in the semi final . They went on to beat Russia 2-1 in the play off for third and fourth. There were 7 players in that team from Benfica FC.

Many fans would like to see Celtic off to a quick and successful start in the new season. If you could have some seasoned players who are familiar with Ange's style and could guide the younger ones on the pitch from the get-go, then you would have the promising makings of a great season ahead.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Taking 2 weeks to announce your coaches while the team are returning for pre-season only makes sense from a PLC perspective.

With the season ticket deadline in 9 days time, it's convenient that all decisions come after that.

A continuation of Kennedy and Strachan would all but confirm what a lot of Celtic supporters were suspecting, despite Aussies promising he'd take no nonsense.

If he said in his opening interview that he'd been looking at possible signings for a weeks prior to his announcement, you'd think he'd certainly have an idea of who he wanted in beside him.

I'm already extremely worried for next season. The signs are not good at all.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I don’t have a problem with the Shaw signing. Apparently has plenty of potential and on a free. Makes sense for the club, regardless of who the manager is.

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Plus considering it was a pre-contract agreement we'd look pretty cuntish pulling out of the deal when the lad has seen out his contract at Sheffield.

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Neither do I, same as the Luca deal.

But we all know what that deal is, a plc signing and not a manager signing.

Had Shaw already been signed on the dotted line before this week? If so, I'll withdraw the claws ever so slightly, but not much.