1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

He did, until they extended him hoping to keep him for the 10. It's not uncommon (well, not at Celtic anyway).

2. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Lennon was on a rolling contract. It didnt help us speed up getting rid when it was required.

3. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I can't stand Gerry McCulloch. Can't even make it through that interview. Everything he says sounds cringeworthy.

Bobo_ and Artorias like this.
  4. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

That interview around 7:15 he calls us keltic then pauses what chance we got if he can't even pronounce our name correctly

5. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    One year rolling is standard at Celtic.

It's been a sticking point for some managers in the past.

Mon was on one by time he left.
    Think Strachan may have as well

We got stung with mowbray having a longer one.
    Lennon was back to rolling as was deila.

Rodgers started on a rolling then done a 4 year deal when he proved he was worth the compensation (or that he wasn't a dud).

Lennon was then on another rolling deal.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

charlietully likes this.
  7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think the vid just skips mate. I hear Eltic like its skipped just at the C. Looks a pish video feed, wonder when he'll actually be here.

8. Dip 'n' Swerve

the coaching promoted laziness last season, I think a manager or coach on the sideline who shows passion and spirit wins me all day long as opposed to looking at ipads or each other with a sulking face. If a coach or manager cant get up for a game why should he expect his players to do so.

Roy keane said it well...' Roy, Fergie said during a CL game you were fantastic you covered every blade of grass, how do you feel about that'...Roy - ' it makes me feel terrible, it is my job and my job to deliver and cover the pitch, do postmen get rewarded for delivering mail'.

Increase the work ethic, bright competition for places, play with intent, passion, get the fight back, be ruthless and we do not carry passengers or plastic players looking scans and muscle injuries every week.

sleeves rolled up a league to be rightly taken back in an important season which guarantees CL qualification, firsts thing first taken down them scuddy disco lights

9. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I just watched the interviews on the website of Ange and Dom, you can see that they are both genuinely excited about taking the club forward. And talk well about modernisation across the club, I just hope that financially they back him as they would have Howe. We are in desperate need for some players with a bit of bite in there game, pretty tip toe football is great but unfortunately we will be whacked or all over the park we need to have players with a bit of steel in there spines for next season and a well drilled tactical plan

I hope he can deliver I can’t watch another season like the last one we need to put der-hun back in his box

10. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    I will be very surprised if artur papas is not at celtic.he is ange right hand man and takes most of the training drills.

cat123 and Slaw like this.
  11. Heb Celt

If he could bring someone in and also Duff,that would be the perfect scenario.

Artorias likes this.
  12. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Nothing wrong with the disco lights

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Very lowkey type announcement tells it all.

Pablo87, Xatraps and Hammy89 like this.
  14. SuperZidane

I have no idea about the journalist so I'll take your word for it and I hope you're right.

The big Viduka likes this.
  15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Year rolling contract is standard going back to O’Neill. Nothing in that, it actually suits everyone TBH.

Our entire focus should now turn to proper recruitment so that he has the tools available to implement his style and vision for the season ahead.

Going to be a very, very, interesting summer whichever way it falls.

16. Scubaroo

Backroom will be a combination of Arthur Pappas, Shaun Ontong, John Hutchinson or maybe hes got someone else he's lining up.

I had heard a bolter may have been John Aloisi but complete speculation without a legit source.

cat123 and The big Viduka like this.
  17. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    How so?

I don't mean to be obtuse, but were you expecting him to be revealed at CP with gathered fans and photoshoots in the middle of a pandemic?

Or are you saying there's s lack of online fanfare about the announcement?

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yup, it's the saving grace they have left.
    Give us the modern football club and vision they are so obviously alluding to throughout the spewfest of an interview with all the board members.

That article on the Celtic website was well worded and planned for s reason.

1. It showed many board members on the same page.
    2. Afforded the manager a pr effort to come across reasonably well to the fans and say the right words.
    3. It allowed more than one person to use key language in "modern view" "modernisation" "future" all hinting yet again to the restructure we badly need
    5. I did find the repeated term "Celtic football manager" a bit odd. Specifically stating "football manager" seems odd for a football club, considering that's what we all know he is. But the repeated specification of that suggests there will be others at a high level.

If they can actually do the restructure to an acceptable level, then brilliant. Fans will rightly buy back in to it all.

But none of that is on Ange.

He's accepted the job, as would anyone in his position.
    He's spoken well and said some nice things to excite fans.
    It's not enough though, and again this isn't his fault, as the fans have been stung so many times by the boards empty words and promises with this stuff for years.

As earlier,
    Welcome Ange. Hope for the best, hope he takes no * off and on the pitch and hope he can quickly get at least a fire in the bellies of the squad.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

19. Martybhoy53

" we've been tracking Ange for years..." Lawwell. Lying *. Pish spinner. Oh wait!! his application was in the drawer that we never looked at when we appointed Lennon.

20. VT8

JA? He's an Aussie ledge but no thanks.