1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dominic McKay

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jan 29, 2021.

Discuss Dominic McKay in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

I would be questioning him if he wasn’t already thinking what the * has he walked into, given the absolute mess we are in as a club. He has got far more to worry about than a banner.

2. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I wonder if when we advertised the position we stipulated that no experience was necessary as full training would be given!!!
    I mean ffs, if the guy was interviewed and got offered the position then clearly we feel he is the man for the job, therefore fully qualified. I don't understand the need for a handover phase. Just doesn't bode well for the future for me.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    People are making a pretty huge assumption here that it’s not Desmond calling the shots

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The banner is only a symbol of the scatter gun, illogical, viciousness currently festering.

I presume it’ll be water off a ducks back to someone that’s ran Scottish rugby, which will be worse than a bowling club for clique mason like tittle tattle. However, it also proves there’s a level of immaturity within a large chunk of the support that there’s a banner wanting an employee gone that’s no even * started working yet.

greengrocer and Liam Scales like this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just wait until you see what the new manager will get. Poor * doesn’t have a clue how bad it’s going to get. We can be poison as a fanbase. It’s the flipside of how good the backing can be. We can also be *

6. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We’re unforgiving, just look at the abuse tierney got for going on to bigger and better things, embarrassing.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    McKay and Ange haven’t even got any reason yet to inspire any hatred towards them, it’s still there though.

Westlondonscot and TheHappyLoss like this.
  8. made in ireland

In no other industry or walk of life would an incoming Chief Executive Officer (worth their salt) need to “shadow” their predecessor for a 3 month period. It should take no more than a day or two at most.

Any leader with any sort of serious business acumen would be stamping their mark early within their new role. They certainly wouldn’t be tolerating an outgoing failure to be making long-term strategic and structural decisions on their behalf.

McKay is guilty one way or the other. He’s either complicit in the disgraceful negotiation and decision-making (or lack thereof) that we’ve seen at the club over the last number of weeks and months. Or else he’s allowed himself to become guilty by association.

Either way, in my opinion, it’s not the start that a shrewd businessman would be making.

murphy88 likes this.
  9. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    You can grandstand all you want, and i'm making excuses for no *, especially this * board.

But most of what you're saying is based on assumptions unless you have an in depth knowledge of all the day to day workings. Folk are at a point now they're so jaded and frustrated (understandably) that simple stuff like what i said will be twisted or misinterpreted to keep the dummy spitting going.

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A lot of rumours that Lawwell’s stepped down early....

seanm likes this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Let's be honest, Mckay came in early as the season was * and it made them look like they were putting effort into the rebuild and involving the new guy. It's a PR stunt that's gone * up because the Howe deal fell through.

Peej and seanm like this.
  12. RockhardBoss

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    5.Strengthen relationships with the board. Even if the new CEO is known to the board, it is important that they begin to relate to him or her in the new role through one-on-one meetings. If the new CEO is appointed from within, he or she can begin to be phased into board meetings over a period of time. To the extent possible, the outgoing CEO should provide coaching and feedback to his or her successor throughout the process

14. murphy88

I don’t particularly think the banner was necessary against McKay to be honest. It should be the least of his worries just now though. What I would say, he must surely be playing a part in the decision making regarding the new manager. If he isn’t, then I would question whether he is the right man for the job.

15. murphy88

Given what has went on the past year, it’s no wonder there is a poisonous atmosphere amongst the support. The board have caused that.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Doesn’t matter what’s caused it, we don’t channel it in the right way at all. He’ll get it in the neck as soon as he’s in the door.

17. jambo_cfc

Apparently lawwell finished up on friday

18. JamesM09

I am making no assumptions when I say Dom McKay is responsible here. He does not get a pass through some weak excuse about not starting yet or big bad Lawwell doing all the work.

What assumption is required for fix it or * off?

If the day to day workings mean he is not involved, then that’s his fault. Get involved or resign. He’s the CEO or incoming CEO of Celtic and we’re 103 days without a manager. No assumptions required.

If he is the one doing the work, it should be pretty clear he is in line for severe criticism.

Also, it is not dummy spitting to criticise the people that hire the manager when we’re 103 days without a manager. I can imagine in the Celtic board room they use that kind of patter when discussing season ticket sales.

103 * days.

made in ireland likes this.
  19. murphy88

I think aiming our anger at the board is 100% the correct way. I wouldn’t aim any anger at Postecoglou if he takes the job. At the end of the day, he would be off his head not to take on a job at a club our size. It’s not his fault the board are opting for someone who will just be thanking his lucky stars to be in his position. The best way to deal with what’s going on just now is to tell the board to stick their season ticket, and be outside the ground every other week letting them know that they are destroying our club.

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    It's a well known fact that Eddie Howe met both Desmond and McKay in London. To say McKay hasn't been involved in any way whatsoever is laughable.

JamesM09 likes this.