1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    With the exception of Christie, I hope all our players we sell on do well.

Helps us demand good fees in the future.

seanm and Hammy89 like this.
  2. Forza 67

I'd be all for Leicester including Benkovic as part of the deal. He hasn't featured for Leicester and just a single appearance for each club's, during two loan spells this season, would surely be the best option for both parties concerned.

seanm likes this.
  3. vortex666

Just heard sky say done deal ...Celtic already to bring in 2 replacements ...que excitement... then they say nisbet from hibs and Rooney from st johnstone ffs ..

seanm likes this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Sky say we are bringing in two replacements? The obvious question has to be asked if so, who the * is signing them?

seanm likes this.
  5. john2061

Lawwell of course he's been doing it for years and needs to * off out the club .

6. Forza 67

Shaun Rooney isn't even a striker, complete nonsense. I still think Ajeti would do a job for us, with a run of game's in the team, in the right system, he wasn't suited to the diamond system used under managerial genius Lennon.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    LectersLuncheon and seanm like this.
  7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I have a job for him at Celtic park, car park attendant..

seanm and paulmcq1888 like this.
  8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    104 days without a manager and we are bringing in replacements..says it all really.. grim.. Whatever small chance Ange has the board will make that harder, if not impossible

seanm and scuzzy like this.
  9. john2061

This is why a decent manager won't touch the Celtic job with a barge pole your told this is your backroom team and lawwell chooses the players that's why there's no DOF or head of recruitment in the club as lawwell is doing that job and it's * scandlous .

seanm likes this.
  10. Forza 67

If Ange is as good as they say he is, down under, then Ajeti can score 25 goals in the league next season, I don't have one doubt about that.

11. saltire78

Can't help but think that Rodgers knows exactly what the release clauses in his contract are, and that's why the deal is getting done so fast. Probably had contractual obligation not to rifle our players in the 1st full term but free to do it now. Talk is 4 or so clubs interested but we rapidly accept a low-ball offer from Leicester?

A conspiracy theory, for sure, but I think the rat is getting away with it again here...

seanm likes this.
  12. Gurru 991

I think Odsonne Edouard has told the club where he wants to go & that's why Leicester are in the drivers seat.

seanm, Liam Scales and craigtheceltic like this.
  13. Dip 'n' Swerve

toney should have came in last season, and by now would be able to lead the line with one years experience behind him.
    the same way eddie worked with dembele - the phased approach.

this team has no spine and signing a new spine will take time to gel and bed in, not accounting for a new incoming manager.

If we are to play 1 up top - the key requirements are: good heading ability, can hold up play (something eddie isn't good at), can score a range of goals, tight control, not injury prone and strong in physique - go for liam delap on a one year loan and offer good coin could be a temporary idea. I like also mitrovic.

We need to get back to basics and play with width on the wings, good full backs who like to overlap and can be pinpoint in delivery.

With regards to griff and ajeti who knows - I am sure griff is gutted he missed out on the euros - only himself, lennon and lennedy to blame for that.

Callum Styles is a tasty winger for Barnsley - quick feet, plays well with 2 feet, likes to glide pat players - patrick Roberts-esque.

As for eddie if he goes for 18 million with a few clauses I would be happy - sell on %, so many appearances etc, as for his celtic career, at one point he was A verging on A* then no prob sitting on a safe B. He doesn't want to be there and time to go - many games last season his finishing or decision making either cost us points or made games very cagey and hard to get over the line.

seanm likes this.
  14. Dip 'n' Swerve

chocolate hamstrings

seanm likes this.
  15. Dip 'n' Swerve

concerning why this isn't the case - he would sign and not see him for 3 months until he is fit, then another 2 months to get match fit.

we need players to hit the ground running and start the season with our noses in front something we have not done for the last 3 seasons at Christmas / new years time.

Is Hammond and mick Doherty still at the club? they need chased out

16. john2061

Hammond is gone we have * all in place at the moment no DOF and no head of recruitment and just a rudderless and leaderless club a * disgrace .

seanm likes this.
  17. Dip 'n' Swerve

mick Doherty still there?

18. john2061

Not 100 per cent know about him but if the manager is incoming we have no structure in place at least a head of recruitment should be in place before the manager arrives .

19. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Nisbet wouldn't be bad signing if he was replacing Griffiths. Will be on significantly lower wages and will actually put in the effort in training. Knows where the goal is too. Not against him signing at all. I do agree we need to spend decent money on a centre half, striker, winger and right back. Preferably younger guys who have the chance to progress like Ajer and Eddy and Moussa etc have done here over the last 4 years or so.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If your going to have 3 or 4 strikers not all are going to be world beaters. As a squad player I'd be happy for him to be with us.