1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dominic McKay

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jan 29, 2021.

Discuss Dominic McKay in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

I don’t think there’s anyone in football more out of their depth right now that Dom McKay.

It looks like he’s going for a manager that he knew nothing about and was either recommended to him by the former CEO (who was shocking at picking managers) via a family connection to the City group or he was recommended by Harkin (presumably casually if Harkin has stayed with the City group) .. who either didn’t want to come here or was rejected by McKay.

That’s some * * show to be running when you come into an organisation.

My conspiracy theory is Desmond is still * off at the ‘new fans’ alluded to by Lennon and has brought McKay in to take us all down a peg.

My less controversial theory is McKay is just completely clueless and totally winging it.

Who cares though? People will still buy season books and our only ambition for the club these days seems to be that we’re better than a * version of the huns.

made in ireland, Peej and The Phoenix like this.
  2. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Alot of conjecture on here.

Dude has zero power or even freedom of thought.

Just another conduit for the will of Desmond. Exactly like Lawell and the entire board.

If he was in any way progressive with ideas or even had a semblance of independent thought he wouldn't even have been interviewed....

... that's if he was interviewed.

Probably offered the job in Pete's hottub. Or Desomonds sauna ffs.

Holding out hope that this finger puppet will do anything other than exactly what he's instructed to do is foolhardy.

Peej likes this.
  3. fms06

Time for Makay to take some responsibility here....he may not be official until July 1st but he did come in 3 months early for a level of influence and a seamless transfer. By allowing the marginalisation of its customers by poor practice that he is part off really stinks....

The plc have been inept in signings over the last few years however this is on a different level again.

What is going on at our club? It's hard to believe that someone is deliberately sabotaging progress however it is hard see it any other way.

Why people have not been removed from the board due to poor practice leads me to believe the plc practice is something sinister, definitely sinister against paying customers.

I am truly lost in my thinking as the plc continues to keep us second guessing and this is deliberate as there is no communication with us whatsoever.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

* is the point in that? Seriously?

He has no responsibility whatsoever for our current shambles. Embarrassing.

Liam Scales and Westlondonscot like this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    While Mckay may not have had an outstanding start, the reality is that he has inherited a * show from Lawwell. The board should have had someone new in at January at the latest to at least then use that transfer window.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This whole situation makes no sense. If McKay isn’t the one making the decisions right now then why the * is he here?

As soon as the season ended, Lawwell should have been gone. He should have no say whatsoever on who is coming in as DoF or manager.

7. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    He's no even officially in position yet, said himself he is shadowing and observing until Lawwell is out the door. There's enough culpable * to be going after rather than jumping on him already.

RockhardBoss and Liam Scales like this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Think that’s the problem though. Surely to christ he doesn’t need to shadow for a couple of months? He’s not a wee kid.

Might be wrong but I doubt it’s common in football for the incoming CEO to shadow the outgoing one for any length of time.

This isn’t Lawwell’s club any more. If he is still the one making decisions then it just sums up this farce of a club.

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly he was brought in as part of a revamp to do things differently are we meant to believe Lawwell has spent the last few weeks showing him where the toilets and photo copiers are. We must be the only club in world football with more CEOs than full backs

10. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    Aye i'm sure in reality he is of course doing more than shadowing. He's been in contact with some fans and some groups and probably doing much more. With Lawwell still in the building i doubt he will have access to be implementing proper changes to infrastructure etc.

I know its frustration being vented but i don't see the merit for targetting McKay, yet anyway.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Handover phase, don’t think that could have been made any clearer?

He came in early off his own back, any vitriol towards him is completely misplaced. In fact that banner is an absolute * embarrassment and he’d be well within his rights to sit and wonder * he has walked into.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

A handover phase is fine if we had a manager in situ and a squad that wasn’t decimated. Right now we need someone to take control and get business done. Someone who isn’t the outgoing CEO and whose exit is being celebrated.

The question is, is Lawwell still the guy making the decisions i.e. who the new manager is? If so, it’s ridiculous. If not, then McKay is culpable.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Is it McKay’s fault there’s no manager in place and the squad is decimated?

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Whether he's had any input to things so far or not he's making a rod for his own back by being quiet, the fact he has started has made him a part of this farce and he's shown nothing to the outside world of his competence as of yet.

His job is just made more difficult by all this * and he is facing an uphill battle to get the fans onside

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I don’t know, because I have no idea who is making the decisions right now in this commonly seen CEO handover phase in football.

We have two CEO’s in the building right now and no manager. I’ll say it again, if Lawwell is making the decisions then it’s a farce. If McKay is then he’s making an * of it.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I do - it has nothing whatsoever to do with him and until Lawwell finally leaves nothing can be laid at his door other than by chance he’s walked in at a horrendous period for the club.

We don’t have 2 CEO’s in place - we have 1.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Doesn’t say much about McKay then, for me.

If he’s happy to come in and shadow Lawwell for a couple of months and let him appoint a new manager, when McKay is the guy who will have to deal with any potential fallout and consequences. Then * *, that’s not very promising.

He’d have been better waiting until Lawwell * off. I’m sure he wouldn’t have been out of his depth. Although it is Celtic.

made in ireland and JamesM09 like this.
  18. JamesM09

If he’s ‘shadowing’ Lawwell at this point he shouldn’t be in the job.

CEOs aren’t of the mentality to shadow their predecessors for weeks on end, especially in situations like this.

Baffling to me anyone would think Dom McKay gets any sort of pass here.

He’s either letting his predecessor pick the next manager or he’s running this shitshow himself. Both are completely unacceptable.

Any decent CEO would call a board meeting immediately and demand Lawwell is removed by the end of the meeting and if it’s refused then you threaten to resign. I mean for * sake we’re talking about multi-million pound decisions for the company and people are happy for McKay to use the, “Wisnae me mate I was off that day” excuse.

No wonder we’re in this mess. The support makes the excuses for the custodians.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  19. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Just my opinion but CEO’s at this level shouldn’t be messing around ‘shadowing’ their predecessor.
    They should be coming in with their own ideas and implementing them from the off.
    I don’t want a Lawwell mini me in charge.

made in ireland likes this.
  20. JamesM09

You’re spot on.

It’s mental people are using this as an excuse.

Lawwell on the phone to Howe and now Ange and McKay is sitting in the corner twiddling his thumbs. As if that’s the way companies and CEOs work.

but “..nothing can be laid at his door”.

Gies peace man.

made in ireland likes this.