1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    The way things are going, the Hun * have already won the league next season. If we get Ange, I'd give him the year to implement his style/system etc. Coz we are in limbo big time. See how his second season pans out after a few month, and if it's *, get him to *. But then we'd no doubt have a John Kennedy in charge for the rest of that season. The board have * us massively, could easily be 3 years until we win the league again, where as we should be light years ahead of any team in Scotland. It's sickening

2. davidhannah

I hope the deal is not done for this used car salesman.

This will be the lowest moment in Celtic's long history. The losses to Ross County etc at Parkhead from last season in front of zero fans are up there. But giving the job to a random person who's never stepped foot in Scotland never mind Europe. It's a disgrace. I'm disgusted. The club are being held hostage, by fraudsters, charlatans and thieves.

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    So it is.. ha

4. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    WITS IT TAE YOU?

5. MAP

Yeah. I've heard Yokohama have just realised he is a used car salesman and not a qualified, successful and experienced manager, and are looking to terminate his contract ASAP. Good research, thumbs up.

6. Jukes

I am having a good laugh at some of the ignorant comments that are floating on the forum. Its quite amusing to tell you the truth.

A disclaimer first, yes I am Australian, so let's get that out of the way first. I am not Ange's biggest fan as I think he is too cavalier and adventurous in his approach. I respect him and he is a very good coach, very attack minded. Just a little too much for my liking.

This idea that the Celtic Board just plucked him out of thin air and that he is some used car salesman (that was a good one btw) is absolutely laughable. He would have been on the radar for a number of clubs over the years and is only now beginning to get the recognition after 25 years of graft and hard work. Thats right a 25 year over night success.

He would be quite content to stick around in Yokohama to tell you the truth but working at Celtic in the dire mess it is right now would be a huge challenge and a HUGE MOTIVATION for the man. He isn't going to Celtic just because its Celtic even though its a good enough reason. He would be going because he knows he is the man that can turn it around and play the type of football you deserve.

Before you write off the man why don't you do a bit of research and form a better opinion. Coaches like Pep, Arterta, Bielsa, Rodgers all know him and what he can do. He probably has them all on speed dial you absolute nonces. All the coaches at some point talk to each other and form opinions from players and do their own individual research. THEY ALL KNOW WHAT HE IS ABOUT. HE IS HIGHLY RESPECTED IN COACHING CIRCLES.

He would also have a good understanding of European football. As the national coach he would have looked at 100's of hours of tape looking at players mainly in European leagues for the national team. He would have contacts all over the world not only because he was the national coach but because of his association with the CFG group. On his "days off" he was happily watching football games as part of his job. There were plenty of key Aussie players playing in Scotland at the time. He would know the Scottish League intimately. Its absolutely laughable, but keep going :))

7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Ange plays the type of football that Celtic supporters expect and he will be a good fit for the club. As someone who has watched a lot of Ange’s teams, I’m stoked to see him rock up here, especially after Lennon.

Ange won’t limit himself to winning the Scottish league, he’ll want the Champions League. In his eyes, not winning the CL will be a failure. He has the ambition that us Celtic supporters deserve.

The big Viduka and cat123 like this.
  8. SuperZidane

I agree and I do think folk need to bear in mind the state we are currently in and the very limited time Ange has to prepare before making judgments.

My realistic hope for next season is one of the domestic cups if the draw is kind to us.

However, 6 months is long enough to at least show that his coaching methods and/or style of play is taking root.

IMO, we at least need to see some visible signs of progress (give the fans optimism for the following season) by the end of this year or the pressure will really start to ramp up.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. VT8

Should be a whooping and a half.

10. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    * it bring him in will be an upgrade over Kennedy

Do you think he’ll come with a team like Rodgers did or solo like Lennon?

One of the many things that bugged me about Lennon is that he thought video analysis was a waste of time, do you think Ange uses modern-ish methods like this?

11. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    He is an innovator.he would be using all of t he modern weaponry 100%

12. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    When does Shane warne start?

Mr Cleansheets likes this.
  13. spitz

You gimp.

Not only has he stepped foot in Scotland, he's watched Rogic at Celtic Park multiple times when Australian manager.

It was literally his job to attend and keep tabs on the European based Australians during his tenure.

He generally spent a few months in Europe during the European winter between international ties, scouting and catching up with Australian players.

Sydneysider and The big Viduka like this.
  14. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Yer tea's oot!!!

bagforlife likes this.
  15. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    The only unkind draw to us in a domestic cup would be an in-form Hun team, so that makes no sense.

Asking for progress with the same board that's been there since they * rose from the grave an won the league, and left us *, massively, when we should be miles ahead of the *??

16. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Was waitin for some smart * * to say that to be fair

17. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    * this noise...am away back to post daft pictures in the random image bit

18. Lennon1888

Can't tell if your Lawwell or Ange.

Jacob knows, callumrae1967 and AdamRS like this.
  19. SuperZidane

Yeah - we could get a really easy draw like Ross County at home eh?

I didn't say anything about the board. If Ange gets the job - I would expect the performances to start to show evidence of his coaching and style of play consistently by the end of the year otherwise there will be increasing pressure on him.

The Huns aren't anything special but we are a shambles on and off the pitch - that's the reality of the situation.

20. Jukes

Its me Mr Lawwell, Ange told me to say hello.

The big Viduka likes this.