1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Had a long hard think over the weekend to absorb all info. Genuinely will 100% back the team and whatever coach we get.
    That being said, tonights news was the final straw!
    Having my seat for the best part of 26 years. I have now emailed the club and will not be renewing. I know its only 3 books but enough is enough.
    Not one more penny spent!!

cfcturbo, bhoy81, Rydo1888* and 10 others like this.
  2. Maestro 08

Listened to the ACSOM podcast earlier and their phone a friend Aussie contributer (an Aussie based podcaster & 'Celtic fan' with what seemed like little more than a fleeting knowledge of Celtic) referred to Ange as a '*' (much to the surprise of the regulars) but not to worry, in Australia this is apparantley a compliment. Who would have thought that eh! Anyway the Aussie went on to wax lyrical about 'Ange the *' being a top coach, who although is a bit arrogant & like all Aussies tells it like it is (what they like eh) would actually take to the Scottish League like a duck to water!. Which he explained in a range of varying reasons with ever increasing incoherence.

So there you have it, Ange the * is a saviour and will save us and we've not to worry. I hope this has eased all the doubters out there. Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy..Oi..Oi

The big Viduka likes this.
  3. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  4. murphy88

It’s the only way now mate. Money is the only thing this board understand.

Wullywanbaw, Peej and seanm like this.
  5. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    No he didn't at all, you have taken that out of context to spin a negative agenda. Hugh keevins would be proud of that!

6. Sgt Neppers*

Thats too forward thinking......* would be using a sieve. * Lawell.

Ziggy likes this.
  7. Maestro 08

He didn't no? What was the context then?

8. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Indeed it seems to be that way, my youngest this would have been his first year at parkhead . Book cash will pay for a holiday or a few good days out now.

9. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Crikey it's a big one!

10. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Your implying the guy called him a * he didnt mate.
    He
    Its hard to explain without trawling back through the podcast, but he never called him a * mate. It was more the way people who dont know him would think due to his ruthlessness and the way he handles the media.
    Hes not one for buttering up, he calls a spade a spade. Was my gathering.

cat123 and The big Viduka like this.
  11. Maestro 08

He said he comes across as a * that's literally what he said word for word. I really don't think I took it out of context. The 'says what he thinks', 'isn't afraid to upset people' is exactly as I said as well. Nothing was taken out of context. He did wax lyrical about the guy and he was verging on incomprehensible at times. For someone that was certain enough to call me out you then couldn't remember exactly what was said then couldn't be bothered to 'trawl' through the video. Ok.

Edit: and the point I was trying to make is you can't get a genuine grasp on the quality of the guy bcos there seems to be so much bluster coming from the Aussies that are commenting on him. That guy on ACSOM included, who seemed to tread the same fine line between arrogance and ignorance.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    The big Viduka likes this.
  12. fanakatic

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the lonesome boatman
    Interesting interview here saying the deal has been agreed

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

cat123 likes this.
  13. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    That interview will be playing on loop in my head when big Agnes has us top of the Europa Conference Group C after a spirited 1-1 draw against FC Honka of Finland.

Bobo_, murphy88 and AdamRS like this.
  14. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    We need more insight on this from Craig Moore

Infact just sign him up as assistant manager please

joemc likes this.
  15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Its a bit like that * brand new.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Read a wee excerpt from his book on Twitter earlier, about how his coaching methods and style isn’t about winning and losing it’s about the adventure.

Nae bor mate, that’ll go down like a * lead balloon here. Win and win at any cost is our only mantra.

littlekennie and Liam Scales like this.
  17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Not a clue mate, it’s a complete shambles. This season just gonna be a case of hoping we get a bit of luck but very hard to see us having a real go at any competition.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Apparently he'd need about 6 month's to get his idea's across as well :giggle1:

We're proper * here..

19. Mr Cleansheets

For the last time, Ange is about as far from being a Yes Man as it's possible to get. If Kennedy and Strachan are still around when/if he starts it will be solely to do with someone needing to have the relevant licenses.

In the unlikely event that Ange was reading this forum, I reckon the doubt and negativity expressed by the majority would absolutely harden his resolve to come to Celtic and prove the doubters wrong. Split board? Nay problem... Toxic backroom? Piece of *... Media wanting me to fail? Bring it on... Inadequate squad with no coherent strategy or system? I'm up for that... Fans hating me already? Aye, they'll love me soon enough.

What sort of yes man changes the system of the NT against the advice and wishes of everyone in the country, then when he is ultimately successful despite being howled down by all around him, just shrugs and walks away? For a footballer / manager there would be few better experiences than going to a World Cup Final and he earned it the hard way. Then he just gave it up and said: right, you didn't want my system...get your own. Australia reverted to a conservative Dutch coach and didn't get out of the group.

Some will ask: so why did Ange want to change the system? I don't know for sure, but I reckon he looked at the squad - after winning the Asian Cup - and thought, we're good enough to get to the WC Finals, but not good enough to trouble the top teams. What can I do to make the best of Australian virtues like speed, strength and aggression blend with shape and strategy to enhance our prospects not just of getting to the finals, but to go really deep and beat the top teams?

And that's what he'll be thinking about Celtic. It's not that hard to finish top two in Scotland with Celtic's resources, but what can I do to get them into Europe and become a consistent Euro heavyweight again? (You'll note Yokohama are currently 4th with 3 games in hand, so very likely to qualify for Asian CL again. That's his target - not just the J League.)

That's the vision and the determination of the man. It's also why he may have excited some at CFG and the Celtic board - he talks a big game and backs it up with ruthless zeal and gets results. You can bet that if he comes in he WILL be the boss no matter how dependent he may be on others re licenses. The deadwood will be stripped and players brought in who suit his fast, aggressive super-attacking system.

I really want this to happen and if it does...we're in for a white knuckle ride.

20. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing

Just really watching some footage to see what's what. Firstly the quality on show seems a very decent standard. His team seems to play a very attacking style. Full backs getting forward. Good quality of crossing. Lot of movement off the ball. Things that for me we have badly lacked.

craigtheceltic likes this.