1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Eddie Howe - is he the new man?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Peej, Jan 21, 2021.

Discuss Eddie Howe - is he the new man? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He'd be perfect for everton. Large budget to stay in mid table mediocrity. Once he's not relegated another armchair ride

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Sydneysider likes this.
  2. Gurru 991

Dont shoot the messenger but do you think that young managers like Howe view Celtic as a massive job any more or is Everton more appealing ! Coaching against the likes of Klopp, Tuchel & Pep is probably considered the "big deal" these days.

VT8 likes this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think we needed him more than he needed us.

4. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Everton by the looks

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Deal collapses with us just after Zidane gets sacked from Madrid. Probably his dream job as he's an Everton fan

I wish him nothing but bad luck :56:

MickeyyMack and Wee Baldy like this.
  6. DonnyCelt

True, but he sure as * wouldn't have bothered with three months worth of negotiations and 3 or 4 meetings with Desmond of he wasn't seriously interested in taking the job.

Like I said, something stinks massively with this and we've got previous for shifting the goalposts in negotiations.

cat123 and Wee Baldy like this.
  7. Dubliner1

Everyone must know that Howe has been approached by an EPL club. He was coming here up until last Tuesday. Something happened in between Tuesday & Thursday for him to renege on the gentleman's agreement done previous. We move on and forget about Howe.

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I’d defo be approaching howe to see if theres anything that can be done to change his mind before he does accept another job

9. joemc

Wouldn't go cap in hand to any c#nt , especially some1 who hasn't done a whole lot .

CelticBoabie, Dan Breen and cat123 like this.
  10. Gurru 991

Oh , I'm sure that he was at one point very serious about the move but something muddied the waters along the way. I'm not sure we will ever get the true story on this one.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  11. DonnyCelt

100% and I'm willing to bet its something our board * rather than Eddie getting cold feet.at the last minute. We're notorious for breaking promises and losing deals at the last minute.

cat123 and Wee Baldy like this.
  12. DonnyCelt

Most likely one or a few of the following.

Kennedy and laptop being forced into his staff.

Promised funds for transfers then board backtracked.

Board have gone back on numerous agreements.

Board haggled over * pennies.

Dan Breen and cat123 like this.
  13. joemc

On the face of it the club couldn't take the chance to * it up , there was no signature , they waited 3 mnth , I believe we woulda done everything we could cauz it would * us off , so for me he has found a way out himself .

Dubliner1 and Sydneysider like this.
  14. Dubliner1

Agree

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    If Everton are after him he's turned us down for that his boyhood club. We shouldn't have waited 3 months on him

Wee Baldy likes this.
  16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    My heid is totally scrambled and I haven't a clue what is happening. The Kelly years are beginning to pale into insignificance compared to this * up

martin_d likes this.
  17. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I would bet my house on our board trying to be wide at the last minute. I bet they changed the transfer budget or refused to pay Bournemouth for his backroom team.

We have lost out on lots of quality players with Lawwell trying to be smart in his negotiations over the years. I wouldn't want to work for guys I couldn't trust if I had the choice so why would Howe?

oh bhoy likes this.
  18. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    His wife and kids would probably stay down south. Especially if the kids are settled at school

19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Eddie Howe is equally to blame for his move to Celtic collapsing as the club.

That's the opinion of former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan.

Jordan did his fair share of hiring coaches and managers during his time as head honcho at Selhurst Park. So he understands the mindset of the boardroom when they're looking to appoint a new boss.

What the talkSport pundit thinks now, though - as Howe's discussions with Celts sensationally broke down at the eleventh hour -
    is that Howe may now be viewed in a different light after talks collapsed late on.

He questioned: "Do you not think this reflects quite poorly on Eddie Howe? I understand the spin that it's because of player targets and so on, and so forth.

"But when you look at this and say, two-and-a-half months of discussions, for a manager to go into arguably one of the biggest jobs, I don't think it reflects well on anyone.

"The opportunity for Eddie to manage Celtic is still a significant one.

"With the greatest respect in the world, Bournemouth are a certain type of football club. Eddie Howe's adventures out of Bournemouth were very poor at Burnley.

"To go back to Bournemouth, he's been part of a side that's been relegated and he's been given an opportunity to go to Celtic."

Howe, Celtic believed, was all but ready to put pen to paper on a deal at Parkhead until the late collapse last week.

20. davidhannah

I believe Eddie Howe when he says the board moved the goalposts and effectively sabotaged their managerial appointment in a deliberate fraudulent act, until the season ticket holders had paid.

cat123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.