1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jj81

Hof yous runners woulda done a better job on the park for us this season. Well done

Marie likes this.
  2. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Am back on healthy Eating, fasting till 12 lunch but having hot water lemon and Honey as a hot drink 1st thing and water till lunch, salad with some kind of meat for lunch , no snacks, getting around 10000 steps a day, healthy tea with min 2 veg and no snacks at night, did it last year and lost 11lb, will still lose weight with minimal exercise as my steps are done whilst working:50:

3. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That's great to hear :50: hopefully your mum has many more years ahead of her :) x

bagforlife and buchanbhoy like this.
  4. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah they would have plus they would have fought for every ball and kept playing for the team until the end...unlike those imposters that we employ to showcase their footballing skills.

bagforlife and jj81 like this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Friday weekly update.. week 17.... * me :56:

Down another 2lb breaking into the 16 stone zone! Added 6kg to my bicep curls as thats all the weights I have and my bench is maxed out. Standing straight and backs fixed again so hitting the garage gym hard the next week before outdoor sport is allowed. Certain I should be able to 360 dunk now after my gains and weightloss. Cant wait.

16.12 now and finally look slim in my tshirts but the weathers * so still in jackets.
    Another 2-3 stone more should get me shredded for the first time since primary school, only a matter of time now.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Week 18. Another 1lb gone. * sake at this rate I won't have abbs until Christmas :56:
    Outdoor contact sport resumes this week except the pish weather that'll stop it. However if we get some dry nights then hopefully the extra full pelt running a few nights a week will speed things up. Whatever happens though, I'm no giving up.

On a plus side, I went out shopping at the weekend to grab some stuff iv been waiting to get, and got to put some nice clothes on iv not been able to fit in beforehand and it felt great. I was walking around like a big peacock checking myself out secretly in the shop mirrors and not seeing big * sticking out :56: * yes! :56:

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Still the same this week. * weightloss :56:

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Was up early for a dog walk then a run this morning. Stiff as a board now, need to do my stretches properly again.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    14.5 k run there in an hour and 24 minute's..

Done 10 k on Thursday and it was hard as I'd left it for about 6 day's before that and kept on a * wee circle of the area as I was feeling it :giggle1:

Felt good today. No pain in the back or knee's during or when i finished and could've done more. Was taking myself off usual routes and up steep hills all around the area. Some change from last Sunday morning when I was half cut still. Today up and out in the sun and then pished on for the last half..

Keep it up troops. This thread actually gives me the motivation sometimes :50:

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Started eating a bit healthier the last week, 6 pun down. Never touched a single snack, I’ll keep that up and relax at the weekends. Realise I scunnered myself the last time I tried to ‘diet’ by being too strict.

With badminton and fives off the last year I’ve ballooned, hopefully with both starting back up it drops off again. Stone and a half off would be ideal.

Peej likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Over 2-3 months at start of year I lost a stone. Well chuffed.
    Just trying to walk more and doing the whole calorie counting thing. Sensible eating, cleaner when I could.

Last two months I've stagnated, but back on it this week and seeing myself get back to my lowest again, back on track.

Happy if I can do this another 2-3 months and shift the next stone. That'll be me content.

But I know for fitness I need to get in to something more, some running perhaps.
    But need to get my mind in that space, too easy to convince myself out of it

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

12. Bunk Moreland

Listen to this guy if you ever need motivation. I went from 20st 7lbs to 12st 10lbs in about 2 years. When I got lazy and lacked drive I blasted Goggins in my ear.

McChiellini.. and honda like this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Another 14 k today and workout..

28 and a half in 2 runs this week..

14. Bunk Moreland

Nice one. I'm at 176 miles walking for the last 15 days plus 45 minute resistance band upper body workouts every second day.

Keep pushing your yourself and doing what you do.

Maestro 08 and McChiellini.. like this.
  15. Maestro 08

That's impressive mate. How do u manage those distances? You must be walking about 3 hours a day.

16. Bunk Moreland

2 hours 45 mins for 10 and a half miles that's my bare minimum and a normal day. Longest in one go is 15 and a half, longest in a day split between 2 stints is 21 and a half. Oh and the way back is on the beach through the sand for 5 miles.

I manage it by just having the right mindset, I mentioned David Goggins for motivation earlier, well I'm not on his level but I get his theory about the power of the mind when my legs just want to give the * up. Push through it, in an hour or two you'll be on the * couch relaxing.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  17. Maestro 08

That's some effort mate, well done. Takes a lot mentally and physically to keep that up over a decent period of time. I'm prob doing half what you do in a week and even then its a struggle sometimes, don't know how u find the time for it never mind the energy haha. U must sleep like a baby haha. Never heard of that Goggins guy but I'll def give him a watch.

Out of interest, are you doing it for weight loss, fitness etc?

I've been doing half Ur walking a week and watching what I'm eating and lost 2.5 stone in 13 weeks.

Love my running but always overdone it and would end up doing myself in and it always ended up fading away. Was a bit sceptical about walking for fitness and weight loss but came round to thinking doing 1.5 hrs walking a day, everyday over a prolonged period was more beneficial than a hour run every couple of days and burning myself out.

So far so good.

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Managed 1 lb loss this week :56: ffs. Need to cut my entire treat weekends out now and do just 1 day. Although currently standing in a Tshirt looking good, so mission hot weather Tshirt enjoyment seems to be a success! I'm not stopping anytime soon either, as I said I'm going to absville for one time in my life. Instagram model incoming.

Treat won't be much this weekend anyway. Cinema nachos, Italian and an orange Yorkie and coconut Bueno :56: (and New poppits to share)

19. Bunk Moreland

Well Covid has gave me the time, pure boredom over the last year turned to making myself busy. At first it was weight loss, now its just seeing how fit I can get, how far I can push it every week.

Walking is probably the best way to get fit, sure it takes longer to put in the miles but the stress on your joints is nothing compared to running

Maestro 08 likes this.
  20. Maestro 08

I'm actually thinking about doing similar. Upping it and seeing how much I can do in a week. Possible isue I can see there tho is actually craving calories way more if I really put in the miles. For weight loss I want to strike that balance. Ru able to eat what u want pretty much and keep the weight off as long as you're doing all that walking or do u still need to be careful?